Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #99
Beamz27

Drives: 19 Satin Steel 2SS A10
Mine never fills up all the way. Shuts off early and then spills out bottom if I try to top it off
Beamz27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #100
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Sounds like a shitty pump.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #101
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
Nearly 30K miles on my 2017...never had this issue. I push the nozzle in until it stops...pull and lock the trigger at full flow rate. I don't hold the handle while filling. When it clicks off, I unlock, pull the handle almost all the way out, jiggle the handle a bit while raising the handle to get the last bit of gas to drip out, then pull the handle the rest of the way out and put it back on the pump.

I seem to remember that on one of my very first fill ups, I didn't quite get it to a full tank. No issues since then.

I think the key is to get the nozzle all the way in at the start of fueling, barring any mechanical issues with the filler tube or nozzle sensor.
Most of our pumps around here don't lock. They also have shitty rubber diverter flaps that keep you from putting it in all the way, or so it seems.

I've come across 2 pumps at 2 separate stations that have overfilled me (both Chevron). I've just stopped using those, and so far, no further issues.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:31 PM   #102
DavidinGA
Tread Marks

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS
Zero problems. Learned how to fill up a car a few decades ago and never forgot

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
DavidinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:12 PM   #103
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
The problem is in the EVAP/purge system. I would start with #11, the fill limit vent valve. There are other possibilities, such as restrictions in the vapor tube (#4) or problems in the canister itself (#3). But this is a venting problem in the car, not a gas pump problem, IMHO. Insects have been known to get into these lines at times.

Fill Limit Vent Valve
This acts as a shut off valve during refueling. This will vary based on fuel tank design. The fuel limit vent
valve has the following functions:
The fuel limit vent valve is located on the inside top of the fuel tank
This valve is not serviced separately
Controls the fuel tank fill level by closing the primary vent from the fuel tank and forcing the fuel fill
nozzle to shut off.
Prevents liquid fuel from exiting the fuel tank via the EVAP pipe to the canister.
Provides fuel-spillage protection in the event of a vehicle rollover by closing the vapor path from
the tank to the EVAP canister

DESCRIPTION AND OPERATION > FUEL SYSTEM DESCRIPTION (FUEL PUMP
POWER CONTROL MODULE) > FUEL TANK
The fuel tank stores the fuel supply. The fuel tank is located in the rear of the vehicle. The fuel tank is
held in place by 2 metal straps that attach to the frame. The fuel tank is molded from high-density
polyethylene.
The fuel tank is a saddle configuration in order to provide space for a driveshaft through the center area
of the fuel tank. Because of the saddle shape of the tank, two fuel tank fuel pump modules are required.
Mounted inside the fuel tank, as part of the tank assembly is a fuel limit vent valve that is designed to
close the fuel tank vent when the fuel level reaches a calibrated level during fueling. When the fuel limit
vent valve is closed the tank pressure increases during the filling process. This increase in tank
pressure causes the filling station fuel pump nozzle to turn OFF. When the fuel limit vent valve is opened
fuel vapors in the fuel tank are allowed to vent through the fuel limit vent valve and hose to the EVAP
canister.

1 Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Valve
2 Purge Tube Check Valve, Turbo-Charged Applications Only
3 EVAP Canister
4 EVAP Vapor Tube
5 Vapor Recirculation Tube (ORVR)
6 Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor
7 Fuel Filler Cap (Some Vehicles May Have A Capless Design)
8 Fuel Tank
9 Fuel Fill Pipe Inlet Check Valve
10 Liquid Fuel
11 Fill Limit Vent Valve (FLVV)
12 Fuel Vapor
13 EVAP Canister Vent Solenoid Valve
14 Vent hose
15 EVAP Purge Tube
16 EVAP Canister Purge Tube Connector
Attached Images

ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote