Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-19-2019, 02:30 PM   #141
my3sons_nh

Drives: 2018 2SS A8 Convertible Garnet Red
Why a Camaro? It all started in high school with a 1970 Camaro that I restored scraping together $$ from many odd jobs... Then life came along... Marriage, houses, bills, Dodge Caravans, kids, college, bills (again)... and now that's all settled down...

I figured now it's my turn... Started looking at 67-69 models about two years ago... Looked long and hard at a 1968 Sequoia Green RS/SS convertible in Arkansas... Absolutely loved it.. . problem is I'm 6'7"... I "test fit" a local '68 and found that while I technically could squeeze into it, for the $$ I was looking at for the '68 I shouldn't sacrifice... I figured 50 years of technological improvements and creature comforts couldn't hurt so I pulled the trigger last April on a 2SS Convertible Garner Red / Kalhari interior... Strictly a summer car and the feeling of being "propelled" forward by all those RWD horses keeps me grinning... Life's too short right?
my3sons_nh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:42 PM   #142
AKI.SILES

Drives: 2SS FIFTY
Hola, lo compré por que siempre me han gustado los coches deportivos estadounidenses y en general, mi primer coche fue un Ford Sierra COSWORTH, He tenido también,Peugeot 405MI 16V, PEUGEOT 407 coupe , V6 240cv, and other vehicles, NISSAN NAVARA pick up, VW GOLF GTI, several vans for work, etc.
Quería subir 1 peldaño y me encantó mi FIFTY.
Aside the CAMARO 6 here is very little seen and is appreciated by all kinds of people, from children and teenagers for the GT AUTO, (some parents also for that), to the older man who stops to congratulate you, that feeling is very nice , that here with A BMW, MERCEDES, PORCHE, nobody does it, being much more expensive with the same features as the CAMARO 2 SS and they are very common, for the same price they offer hardly benefits, only name.
Además estoy en plena crisis de los 40. Now I would only need a great lady to accompany me, �� ����

Last edited by AKI.SILES; 01-20-2019 at 06:50 PM.
AKI.SILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:45 PM   #143
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Because Ford dealerships were playing games with markups on GT350’s so I ended up with my 1LE for well below MSRP.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:03 PM   #144
Jimbeau11

Drives: '18 Black SS 1LE; '01 Corvette Z06
When I turned 16 in 1979 my dad handed me the keys to a 1970 Ford LTD that he had custom ordered with all the police package upgrades including the 429 cui high performance V8. His solution to having a fun family car. Fortunately I didn't kill myself in it, but I became a HP addict at an early age.

Many years and cars later I got my first Corvette, a 2001 Z06, started doing HPDE, and gradually built it into a fully caged dedicated track car. Last year, my wife decided she also wants to do HPDE and she can't reach the pedals or see over the steering wheel from the hard mounted racing seat. Driving her Boxster was a temporary solution but prepping and bring two cars is a PITA.

Sooo, I was considering a newer C7 Grand Sport as a replacement track car we both could drive, but have always liked Camaros. The 6th Gen alpha chassis has recieved rave reviews and the auto press reviews and comparisons plus the price, pushed me to consider the SS 1LE. I had intended to wait, but when I called to inquire about a CPO '18, the salesman said he had a new one for about the same price. They already had '19s on the floor and really dropped the price on the new '18. Plus it was black. Right year, right color, right options, right price. Sold! Sometimes it's just meant to happen.

Can't wait for warm weather and track season!
Jimbeau11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:57 AM   #145
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Loved the new look, loved the extra goodies, and it was time for a replacement for my 2010.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:18 AM   #146
WCKD 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
My Wife works for the Dealer, and I wanted to support her. Deep down I wanted a Challenger, but I Love my 1LE.
WCKD 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:50 AM   #147
kweevuss

Drives: 18' Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS
I had been a GM person for a long time growing up, and I knew my goal would be once I got out of college and in my real job to buy a new car. I had a 2005 Grand Prix GXP that I loved and it was "quick" but it wasn't a real performance car and I was trying to find the next GM performance car I would enjoy.

Once I saw the 6th gen come out I knew that was it. I didn't enjoy the 5th gens that much, and if there was no other option I was probably going to continue to save up until I could afford a C7 spec how I would like it. I am very happy with my 6th gen and would do it all over again!
kweevuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:42 PM   #148
18ss376

Drives: Camaro
For the looks, reminds me of my old '69 Camaro that ran 8.66 on motor in the 1/4 mile.
My '18 runs 12.16...lol
18ss376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 11:38 AM   #149
Scottycamaroz28

Drives: 2017 hyper blue 2ss camaro
My camaro/ f-body obsession runs deep to even before I was born. My dad had a 69 camaro ss when my parents were dating. My grandpa had a 75 350 2bbl 3sp camaro as a backup car when I was younger. My uncle took me for my first ride in t-top 83 camaro when I was 7 and I will always remember that. My first car in 00 when I was 16 was an 84 trans am that I purchased from my other uncle. I wrecked that car within 10 months. 20 years later I've had every year and v8 engine and transmission combination of 3rd gens including a random base 4cyl camaro. Mix in a few other fun toys like a v8 s10, eclipse, g-body cutlasses an LT1 and LS1 4th gen and I always come back to camaros.

A few years after being without a camaro for some time I had a work accident that paid me pretty well I set out to get another camaro but wanted a first gen. I have had my 69 camaro now for 4 years and love taking it to shows and cruises but its not a daily. My daily at the time was a honda accord but I wanted a more fun daily and decided to try a 2015 STI. While it was a great car for what it was it didn't have the same feel as v8 that I longed for. After just a year with the STI I found my 2017 hyper blue 2SS that I have been driving daily for 2 months now and I love it every time I hear it start or hit the gas. I am running my wife's stock bmw wheels with winter tires for now but just picked up asset of z28 reps for summer. I love both of my camaros and I'm always on the lookout for my next one. last camaro/firebird count I had is around 20 give or take a few random part cars.
Scottycamaroz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 11:57 AM   #150
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Long time GM performance car owner here - before this one I had owned 2 3rd gens (1 was a road race car) and 2 first gens and 4 Corvettes, along with a pile of BMW, Audi, Porsche products. I had picked up a E93 325 convertible and drove it for about a year and decided I wanted a similar car with more performance. I was looking mostly at the M3 or a 335is. This was in 2016. I wasn't even aware that GM had re-designed the Camaro into a 6th gen or that a Convertible was out as well. I randomly looked at a few dealers just to see what was available in the same price point I was shopping - $30K ish and ran across this base 1SS convertible in hyperblue with manual trans for about 20% off the $44K sticker. I thought - hmm - I should check that car out. Drove it and the rest is history!

I never really considered a 5th gen, but this 6th gen was not just as good as the BMW equivalent - it was much better from a chassis standpoint, and I have always loved LS motors and had quite a few of them - yes, this is a LT but same idea just even better.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:11 PM   #151
Fleetwj

Drives: Camaro 2SS Convertible
I've always been a Chevy guy. Being in Texas and needing to haul things occasionally always made me buy Silverados. I'm not a fan of the look of the new ones, so started looking into other options and stumbled across an ad for an SS Convertible. I didn't know there was a 1SS and 2SS at the time, but when I found out, the 2SS was more of a fit for me. Now I've got it and only miss my truck occasionally, but stomping the gas pedal makes that frown go away!

Besides, I'm 46 and come on, an SS Camaro Convertible is pretty good for a midlife crisis!
Old 01-17-2020, 12:13 PM   #152
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
It was a dream car I wanted to achieve since I grew up loving camaro's since my family owned a 3rd Gen Iroc Z. I love the days when going to school with the T-Tops. Once I upgraded to a better salary, I bought the car and that's it. Pretty much will keep it till the wheels fall off too. I dont buy cars and trade them in often. Next car goal from here is getting into a supercar but with the room and design of the new C8 it's very tempting so who knows..I would rather wait to see the other trims look like though since most is sold on the stingray trim so far.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:14 PM   #153
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwj View Post
I've always been a Chevy guy. Being in Texas and needing to haul things occasionally always made me buy Silverados. I'm not a fan of the look of the new ones, so started looking into other options and stumbled across an ad for an SS Convertible. I didn't know there was a 1SS and 2SS at the time, but when I found out, the 2SS was more of a fit for me. Now I've got it and only miss my truck occasionally, but stomping the gas pedal makes that frown go away!

Besides, I'm 46 and come on, an SS Camaro Convertible is pretty good for a midlife crisis!
I started my mid life crisis at 22 when I graduated from college and bought a brand new Iroc Z28! It hasn't stopped since then I must say....
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:23 PM   #154
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
My first car when I was 16 was a 67 convertible. Basic car with a 210/2bbl 327. It was my moms car that the parents bought new. My dad worked at Chevy R&D in the 60’s doing some way cool top secret stuff, so I inherited the car gene...lol!
I was a broke teenager but put everything I could into that 67. Built the 327 into the corvette 350 hp specs (except for a 4 bolt main), with 2.02 heads, 11:1, OEM 350hp cam, Holley, etc. Found a 12 bolt 3:55 and backed it up with a Turbo 400. Found a SS hood (the two four-port style), added the OEM spoiler and painted it OEM Bolero red (it’s original color anyway) with black rally stripes. Red interior. Had a set of classic American racing style wheels with F60’s up front and G50’s in back. This was when everyone was doing skinnies up front and jacked-up rear ends. I guess I was ahead of my time cause I liked the wide all way around with stock ride height look! Never lost a race in front of my HS which conveniently had almost a 1/4 mile from a light in front of it! Spent every weekend cruising Woodward!

Anyway, life and stuff moved on and I sold it (never should have, but you know, broke guy in his 20’s at some point!). Now I’m in my late 50’s and can justify a toy. Drove a gen6 basic box rental vert in Florida a few years ago and was amazed at the stiffness for a vert. Started looking at ZL1s about 6 months ago as I always wanted a 69, but those are out of reach today! Wife didn’t even want me to get a Camaro, let alone 50k+ for a used ZL, but I finally got her to relent and let me get an SS! Started looking at red with the adrenaline seats, but I won’t print here what my wife thought about that, so I settled for my other favorite color, blue. Found my 16 2SS in November, with 1880 original miles on it and got it for a great price! Now I’m waiting for May so I can actually drive it!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote