Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-21-2018, 11:01 AM   #15
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Too young for a Zl1 at 32???? I'm 33 and have a 18 Zl1, C7Z, and a gen 3 cts v lol. I had an sti and evox 2 years ago and no thanks but hey to each their own.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:04 AM   #16
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Too young for a Zl1 at 32???? I'm 33 and have a 18 Zl1, C7Z, and a gen 3 cts v lol. I had an sti and evox 2 years ago and no thanks but hey to each their own.
That's the LT4 setup right there. I'm thinking about trading my 427 for a V3 so I can take people somewhere. Essentially the ZL1 and C7Z are both 2 seaters, haha.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:17 AM   #17
ZL14ME

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Sorry to see you go, especially to such a downgrade, lol. But you're entitled to your opinion and it's your money/life so go for whatever makes you happy. The only thing I'd sell my ZL1 for is a McLaren or Ferrari.

+1

I'd put a 570 in my garage. I'd put a 720 in there but let's be serious.
ZL14ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #18
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
If you'd have said you were too young for a C7, then I'd agree, but the demographics of Camaro ownership center around your age.

a C6 Z06 would be a great NA car for you. It's more than 3000#, but not much more and the LS7 427 is a beast of a car with a few mods.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #19
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinms View Post
I wouldn't take a S2000 for free. Just my opinion though. It boggles my mind you want to go from having instant torque off idle to no torque at all.
Average 2001 Camaro goes for about $3k on CarGurus, average 2001 S2K goes for $15k on the same site. Camaro's are disposable, S2000s are classics, instant torque or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
LS Miata!!!!!
Truly the answer
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:06 PM   #20
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy85 View Post
Average 2001 Camaro goes for about $3k on CarGurus, average 2001 S2K goes for $15k on the same site. Camaro's are disposable, S2000s are classics, instant torque or not.

Truly the answer
I think you missed my point about the S2000. I could care less how much they cost. I would never drive the car, let alone drive any 4 cylinder car as my fun car. Having said that, I would never drive a 2001 Camaro either. I always hated them actually, until the 6th gen came out.
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:35 PM   #21
stkshft

Drives: anything with wheels
Hate to hear you are selling the Z, OP. Shortly after I purchased mine, I realized I also wanted something small and nimble so I added a Fiesta ST to my car collection. On days when I want to go fast but also want to fly under the radar, I hop in the ST. What a shame you cannot have both, sounds like it would be a winning combination!
stkshft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:46 PM   #22
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
That's the LT4 setup right there. I'm thinking about trading my 427 for a V3 so I can take people somewhere. Essentially the ZL1 and C7Z are both 2 seaters, haha.
Yessir, that was kinda what I was after tbh. I see yours is a Z07 though plus you have the classics. I'm jelly, but yes it's damn nice to have an lt4 with room for real people in the back (ctsv) although I'm single w/o kids and plan on keeping it that way lol. I want to eventually dump my f150 and replace it with a trackhawk when they come down to reality (preowned).
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:49 PM   #23
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
The ZL1 1LE has a nice manual to row if you just didn't like the A10?
Old 08-21-2018, 12:56 PM   #24
GrabTheWheel

Drives: 18' ZL1 A10
If you live in Florida or Texas I can see how you wouldn't understand that the ZL1 is a great car for getting groceries. Every time I leave my house I'm blessed with an amazing 5 mile canyon road. For those saying they wouldn't replace their ZL1 with anything but an exotic I can understand. My whole thing is I'd like to one day be able to afford the exotic but instead just get another ZL1 that I put infinite miles on and it can be my daily beater I don't care too much about. I really like cars but at the end of the day what I really love is driving! Having a car where I need to worry about how many miles I put on or getting a little scratch is unneeded stress in my life.

Kudos to all of you out there who can swing the expensive toys, are able to enjoy them and eventually sell for close to what you paid or a profit. I always say to the wife it's not what it costs that matters, it's what it costs to own that matters. Cars use to be just pure fun for me but recently getting into the business I'm forced to think about cost. S2000 is really the only fun cheap car that's holding it's value these days hence my decision along with the lightweight and great gear box. There is a rewarding feeling you get driving a momentum car where you always have your foot to the floor. I will say I felt a lot of pride driving an American car! It was my first one and I've fallen in love with the LS and instant torque it provides, just not the weight. I hope to slap a dealer plate on my future frankenstein project to avoid the crazy rules in CA. Then if I ever want to sell simply do it out of state.
GrabTheWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:01 PM   #25
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabTheWheel View Post
I must be losing my mind but I've decided to sell my A10 18' ZL1. After 10 months of pure driving joy, I felt like I was ready to move on. If I could afford to drive it everyday I would keep the car. God bless all of you out there who say mileage be damned and drive their ZL1's as many miles as they damn well please! I bought the car thinking that at 32 years old I was past my tuner car days and wanted something that just works. The agreement with my wife was I could get the car I want and not modify it. It was between the GT350 and ZL1, which was a very easy decision...

I guess my tuner car days aren't behind me because I bought a low miles supercharged AP1 S2000 as a replacement. It makes like 300 whp and no torque but I'm finding joy in working the gear box. I know many will disagree but I felt almost too young for the Camaro, like it was too comfortable and I should have baby seats in the back. Guess I'm still a kid at heart. My ideal car would be sub 3000 pounds with big NA power and since no manufactures make such a car I plan to build my own. As far as what chassis it's still up in the air but something Japanese with an LS3 comes to mind.

Hopefully I will own another ZL1 one day and I'll drive it till I die or the wheels fall off. I tend to drive 30,000 miles a year so even split between a few cars it adds up quick. Fortunately many of the miles are on beautiful country roads where you don't need a lot of power to have fun. I have recently started a car dealership so I'll post a link to the car below. The car has Xpel paint protection film covering 100% of the car along with ceramic coating on the car and wheels, cost me about 5K. The price on the car will come down until it sells! I don't regret a second of my ownership experience (at least the driving part).

https://www.schneehoffmotors.com/inv...tails/45351751
Well, as they say, different squeaks for different freaks.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Hope your next car makes you happier and is more affordable for you to run.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #26
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy85 View Post
Not disposable, but obsolete. One would have to put a lot of money to into a 4th Gen before meeting the performance of a stock 6th Gen.

S2000, they don't make them anymore. Honda doesn't even make a sporty roadster. Because of this, old S2000s hold their value.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:10 PM   #27
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
S2000, they don't make them anymore. Honda doesn't even make a sporty roadster. Because of this, old S2000s hold their value.
That's not how car values work, at all. Why do first gen Miatas go for 2-3x of 2nd gens despite not being that old and new Miatas continuing to roll off the assembly line? Why does a '94 Supra cost just as much today as the new model will, in spite of renewed production?

May be tough for the typical Camaro owner to understand, but the classic cars from the '90s and '00s will be Japanese and European, to a lesser extent. The market is already reflecting this and prices continute to climb. If nothing else, OP traded a depreciating asset that if driven to the limit would get him jail time for an appreciating one that he can push on the streets without rousing johnny law.
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:48 PM   #28
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
OP: Sir, you need to seek therapy........
Attached Images

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote