#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 07-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #127
Mich2112

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffInDFW View Post
The same reason you buy a Camaro SS instead of a Toyota Corolla. The Corolla will get you to work and home. How many times per day do you expect to use all 1g of cornering of your Camaro, or all 455hp? Why marry the hot blonde when the mousy girl will do just fine. Why pay for a Ribeye when sirloin will fill you up. On and on.

Even if you never take your 1LE to the track, you can still enjoy its higher performance levels. Its just a WHOLE LOT MORE FUN if you take it on a road course at least once!
Exactly!

I never plan to track mine. I like the looks and the additional performance of the 1LE.

I love throwing the extra speed into the corners with the grip.
Mich2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:35 PM   #128
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdonut View Post
I know it's a money issue, but I'm curious as to why some people would get a 1LE if they're not going to track it. I understand it has the cool factor but it defeats the purpose of buying the package if one will not track it. The 1LE is begging to be tracked as it's a track-focused car. My question is, why bother getting the 1LE if you're never or seldom going to track the car? Just looking for different viewpoints.
The same reason a sedentary person who lives in a small apartment buys a great dane.. they like it and think it looks cool. It then proceeds to tear up their apartment and they complain about it, never stopping to think that the dog breed was created for a purpose and doesn't suit their living conditions/lifestyle. Same thing with a 1LE. This is how we get silly threads about "why does this car have alcantara, I don't like it" or "how can I remove my hood wrap" or "why do these brake pads make so much dust?" or my personal favorite namby pamby question "why isn't an automatic available?" The car "scene" is largely to blame, as lots of kids are "into" cars but really just into being seen in the scene, insta fame, etc. Everyone wants to look cool, even if the car is completely unsuited to their uses. Then, they complain about how it should have come with XYZ nonsense to better suit them. /rant ...

Last edited by Matos1LE; 07-29-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:32 PM   #129
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Stupidest thread evar!

Old 07-29-2018, 07:40 PM   #130
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Great dane, too elegant - the camaro is more like a mastiff.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:33 PM   #131
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
For me it is about the same price for a 1SS 1LE as it was for a 2SS (non-1LE).

The 1LE looks allot better than the regular SS, especially the wheels, front splitter and more aggressive stance. I hate the cloth seats in the standard 1SS so the Alcantara and leather mix in the 1LE worked out perfect for me there. Another thing for me is I like having something you don't see every day. I never see 1LEs on the road. I see way more ZL1s. Then obviously comes the performance aspect. I still use the suspension a bit on highway on ramps accelerating up to highway speeds can still be done in a fun yet safe manner as long as you don't push it.

I do think about tracking it and may at some point but I just paid a bunch to get it and I have fears of not just me messing up at the track but someone else being over aggressive next to me and hitting me so for now I'm very much content just taking it for a weekend cruise, the occasional road trip and car shows.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:38 AM   #132
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
1) Dont have to do anything to it.
2) I will track it here and there...(i always say that and never do...)
3) ......:drives aways @50mph on the highway in the slow lane as all the camry, corollas, accords & generics pass by saying to themselves..this idiot bought a highpowered car and hes driving like grandma...... but grandma has that sweet sweet v8.... yeah this made no sense:...
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:25 AM   #133
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
Because it's fun as hell to drive on the street.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:18 PM   #134
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Anvil Garage View Post
Because it's fun as hell to drive on the street.
Best answer yet!
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:29 PM   #135
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffInDFW View Post
The same reason you buy a Camaro SS instead of a Toyota Corolla. The Corolla will get you to work and home. How many times per day do you expect to use all 1g of cornering of your Camaro, or all 455hp? Why marry the hot blonde when the mousy girl will do just fine. Why pay for a Ribeye when sirloin will fill you up. On and on.

Even if you never take your 1LE to the track, you can still enjoy its higher performance levels. Its just a WHOLE LOT MORE FUN if you take it on a road course at least once!
this very first reply is all that needs to be said. This thread could have ended here.

Spot on.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:53 PM   #136
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
I have tracked my 1SS non-1le and it performed quite well. I'm still a novice, so I have to wonder how much of a difference it would really make for me as mine is still far better than I am. The difference in money is quite the deal for getting Recaros, 6 piston Brembos (which I know from experience are better on track than mine- my Mustang had them), magneride suspension, stupid phat wheels, front and rear spoilers, black hood, HUD.
I'm on the edge of test driving one as I've seen some 10k off deals, but I'm not taking but so much of a beating on my 17 1SS 6M.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:14 PM   #137
Dnfwm

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
to the OP, I bought my car specifically to take to the track. Had it about 2 months now, I have put 3,000 miles on the car and half of those miles is literally driving to and from the track. I have 6 track days completed and one set of tires already finished.
Dnfwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:15 AM   #138
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
^ Ouch! That is something to keep in mind!
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:34 AM   #139
Lethal Z
American Gearhead!!

Drives: ZL1 1LE/GT350/Ford RS/Gen 2 Raptor
"Why get the 1LE if you're to seldom/never track?"

Because it's a fking badass car and it's a blast to drive, no other reason required.

Lethal Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:33 AM   #140
coruiz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
lol easy, because it's my money and I d what I want