#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 04-29-2018, 12:15 AM   #99
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
So your wife could drive an A10 but not an A8..
Nope. Maybe read about A8 issues? A8 has shudder. A10 maybe won't have it. I know you all don't have A8 shudder, but those us of who do, and are dealing with GM STEALERS.... well let's just say I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

There is a TSB on the issue, it's not like we are imagining this stuff.

I'm enjoying my 2SS but I am NOT looking forward to dealing with them stealers. I owned a GTO for a decade + and I don't think much of them, especially here in South FL.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:51 PM   #100
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
Nope. Maybe read about A8 issues? A8 has shudder. A10 maybe won't have it. I know you all don't have A8 shudder, but those us of who do, and are dealing with GM STEALERS.... well let's just say I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I'm enjoying my 2SS but I am NOT looking forward to dealing with them stealers. I owned a GTO for a decade + and I don't think much of them, especially here in South FL.
I just read the bmw M850 with ~550tq has an A8.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:47 AM   #101
indyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I just read the bmw M850 with ~550tq has an A8.
Nah...not crazy about the Beemer, the M2 or 235 maybe. I'm thinking a civic type-r. Once the ADM is gone. Keep the auto 2ss (wife won't drive stick) since we need 3 cars anyway.

But thanks for your valuable input.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:46 AM   #102
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:

Telling mlee to go learn about something about the Camaro on this forum. Hilarious.

Maybe if you'd have read more on this forum you'd have also seen the response for the fix on the A8.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:25 AM   #103
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Is there an expected time frame (rough idea) to look forward to on the release of the V8 1LE "Play Book" with the official details of HP and Trans, and options (line lock?), etc?
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:22 AM   #104
indyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Telling mlee to go learn about something about the Camaro on this forum. Hilarious.

Maybe if you'd have read more on this forum you'd have also seen the response for the fix on the A8.
Saw Al's response. Did he also respond about how to fix a non cooperating dealer? Thanks for your help, you are a gem

I see that I hurt some folks' feelings here with my choices. I'll bow out guys. Thanks everyone who posts those helpful comments. All the best.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:22 AM   #105
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Is there an expected time frame (rough idea) to look forward to on the release of the V8 1LE "Play Book" with the official details of HP and Trans, and options (line lock?), etc?
There’s no change.

Same 455 hp and same 6 speed.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:12 AM   #106
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
I don't understand this outcry for an "Automatic 1LE". Granted, my knowledge base is more informed on the 5th gens (which I own) vs the newer 6th gens, but I imagine the differences are still similar. In the 5th gens, the 1LE was only available on SS cars, and it got you upgraded suspension and a different variant manual transmission than what came on a "regular" manual SS car. However, they offered the "1LE Suspension package" upgrade for automatic SS cars.

The different manual transmission variant and different gearing was what made the actual "1LE" cars a 1LE. An Automatic one would be a suspension upgrade only. So, what is it then that makes people say there ought to be one? It is a manual car marketed to those who prefer a standard transmission. I love taking mine up in the mountains on winding roads and driving it there, it really shines in an environment like that.

You 6th gen guys have 1LE everything. LT, SS and ZL1 1LE's, and now I hear there is even a 4 cylinder Turbo version? Chevrolet is catering to every market segment with the performance package. One might say it kinda cheapens what made a 1LE special to begin with, but now everyone can say they have a 1LE.

If you prefer Auto, then 1LE just isn't for you, and frankly, wouldn't make much sense anyway when there is a suspension upgrade option available for the auto cars already that is essentially what you are saying you want.

Basically you're just jealous of a vinyl hood wrap and the ability to say you have a 1LE? I don't get it. Auto Camaro any model + suspension upgrade kit exists already, so what exactly is it that you aren't getting? Or does that combo not exist on the 6th gens?
Man i could quote 10+ comments in here that are something my 4 year old would say.

why care about what someone else does or wants to do with their car?
people have opinions that doesn't mean you should be knock them down because its not what you want. unreal man.

I have to agree from what I see around my area that 90% of people do not track their 1le. who cares....they're beautiful cars wheels, front splitter, hood wrap, track pack and all.

by saying you painted that with a broad stroke with no facts to back it up...but then say i don't track mine either is a pretty including statement to argue wouldn't ya say? i don't track mine either but i still get the same use out of it.
imo buying a used 1le can be a bad idea if the previous owner has driven their car like i drive mine lol

& just because they don't have a 1le doesn't mean they're jealous of not having one because they would be interested in an automatic version, how petty..

gm makes cars for everyone to enjoy and they don't care if you drive it for pleasure or track.

lets be somewhat respectful guys we're all Camaro and car enthusiasts, no need to bite heads off and get defensive over opinions... that's what mustang owners are for

i know it will piss off a lot of people and that is not my intentions one bit but don't be so narrow minded to the point you have to talk down on someone.

aside from the 1le, LETS SEE THE Z/28 ALREADY!!
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:32 PM   #107
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
When I was shopping for my 2017 I looked a the 1LE but the fact that it wasn't offered an auto was a deal breaker for me. I wanted the lowered suspension, wheels, tires, Edif all the flat black parts that were part of the 1LE package but no auto offered. My next choice was a 2SS with some kind of suspension package. You would think that you could add the 1LE parts to a 2SS and get it with the Auto but NO.

In the end I bought a 50th anniversary car which I'm happy with now that it has some real wheels and tires under it.

Before everyone jumps down my throat. I've owned and driven numerous Manuals and Still have one in the garage but it never gets driven anymore. In my opinion their time has come and gone. Back in the day we bought manuals as they were the faster alternative and really your only option if you wanted to do a track day as most Auto's wouldn't survive more than a couple of outings on track. Those days are behind us and giving up performance to be "connected" to the car just doesn't make sense to me.

I'll take a modern auto any day. Even if it is the A8.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:25 PM   #108
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
To me, driving a V8 manual car is like playing a musical instrument.

My C6 had catless Kooks long tubes through the NPP. You could time the shifts just right and get a nice pop or two out the tailpipes between first and second, and again between second and third.

Music to my ears.

Now driving the 1LE it is much quieter, plus it's been cold so far this year so with the windows up the music is a little muted right now.

Now I will admit, some of the new autos do sound good, at WOT that is.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:42 AM   #109
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Saw Al's response. Did he also respond about how to fix a non cooperating dealer? Thanks for your help, you are a gem

I see that I hurt some folks' feelings here with my choices. I'll bow out guys. Thanks everyone who posts those helpful comments. All the best.
It isn't Al's responsibility to force a dealership to do something or to direct you to a competent dealership. If that dealer doesn't do it after you have the TSB in your hand telling them what to do, go somewhere else. Dealerships aren't owned by GM.

You're welcome. And good luck on getting it fixed.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #110
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
On this "gee whiz" A10 tranny:

I have this A10 in my Raptor (GM co-developed with Ford). It's nice, but it jumps around allot as it has so many gears to chose from.

For example, accelerating, it may go 1-3-5-7-9-10, vs. what one would think (hope) as a lightning fast 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. At least I haven't figured out a way to make it shift sequentially without going to manual shift mode with the paddles.

Assume the ZL1 and SS will be programmed completely different from my Raptor, and from each other for that matter, and even my Raptor shifts and drives different in the different driving mode selected.

Thing essentially acts and shifts like a 6 speed most of the time.

Assume the SS and ZL1 programming will be different from each other to better match the different engine's power bands.

As far as 1LE having it. Hope not. Prefer the manual.
bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:29 PM   #111
WhiteNight

Drives: MB 1SS
Don't worry you can still get your manual. Nobody is talking about taking away the 6 speed.
WhiteNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:37 PM   #112
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527133

Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post
On this "gee whiz" A10 tranny:

I have this A10 in my Raptor (GM co-developed with Ford). It's nice, but it jumps around allot as it has so many gears to chose from.

For example, accelerating, it may go 1-3-5-7-9-10, vs. what one would think (hope) as a lightning fast 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. At least I haven't figured out a way to make it shift sequentially without going to manual shift mode with the paddles.

Assume the ZL1 and SS will be programmed completely different from my Raptor, and from each other for that matter, and even my Raptor shifts and drives different in the different driving mode selected.

Thing essentially acts and shifts like a 6 speed most of the time.

Assume the SS and ZL1 programming will be different from each other to better match the different engine's power bands.

As far as 1LE having it. Hope not. Prefer the manual.
Guarantee you won't have the same experience as the Raptor. The big difference between the two is what GM did to tune these up for performance rather than heavy duty applications. The co-development was for trucks, then Camaro changed it up for the ZL1. I had the 2nd production A10 ever built and never had a single glitch. Shifted super fast and sequentially smooth... and in performance mode it was a complete animal. You won't be disappointed with this in the SS.