Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-12-2019, 06:28 AM   #1
krump99

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Looking for opinions on this 1LE

So I've been looking for a 1LE for a couple months and this ones been for sale since around December. I'm finally done waiting and ready to buy. Please let me know what you guys think. My main concerns is the Carfax. Its a 4 owner car and I am just concerned with the car living on the track its whole life.

https://www.foxvalleymotorworks.com/...L_25150745.veh
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 13 CAMARO SS CARFAX.pdf (308.6 KB, 99 views)
krump99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:31 AM   #2
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
i think it looks great, and a rare color. it might have already had several owners but mileage is still low. i'd go for it. are you looking to come into town and go see it, or have a friend/relative do it? or buy it sight-unseen?

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:04 AM   #3
DD1/LE

Drives: 2015 2SS 1/LE
Possible track time is always something you have to half expect from a car with a track package on it. Looking briefly on the carfax, it looks like it was first purchased from Fort Smith, AR and the closest track or drag strip is 150 miles away. Then it was brought to Melbourne, FL which is where you can probably assume it was tracked a couple times being so close to Daytona and Orlando Speedworld. It also appears that the last owner put the majority of the miles on it and possibly daily drove it. The only precaution you can take is to go look at it yourself and thoroughly inspect it. Go for a test drive and don't be afraid to get on and off the gas and run it up through the RPMs to listen for any odd sounds or feel for excessive drive-train slack. Also listen for any transmission or rear end noises. Then make sure to crawl under the car or even ask them to put it on a lift for you. Look for any signs of bottoming out, oil leaks, and look around for rubber marks from hot tire chunks hitting the bottom of the car (this is a tell-tale sign of track use that is a pain to clean that dealers probably don't know or even bother to clean). I see it has an aftermarket intake, but ask if there are any other modifications done to it. The more performance modifications, the higher likelihood that the car has stretched its legs on more than one occasion. These cars were made to take aggressive driving so 19k usually isn't something to worry about, but just take a good look at everything and use your judgement. Maybe even take a buddy that knows enough about cars to be a good second pair of eyes. Otherwise, it looks like a great car from the pictures and the price seems fair but you may have some room to bargain. I just got my 2015 2SS 1LE with 18,600 miles with every option but the RS package on 1/28/19 for $28,500 and they covered a 4 year/60k bumper to bumper warranty through a third party, took care of all my registration and taxes and mailed me my plates, and put a new set of tires on while I was doing the paperwork.

Good luck and be sure to keep us updated on here if you bring that baby home!

Daily Driven 2015 2SS 1/LE in Ashen Grey
DD1/LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:10 AM   #4
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
The only thing that is a red flag to me is that it somehow went 10k miles in 3.5 months with owner 4. That's a TON of miles for a short amount of time.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:34 AM   #5
krump99

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 608RS View Post
i think it looks great, and a rare color. it might have already had several owners but mileage is still low. i'd go for it. are you looking to come into town and go see it, or have a friend/relative do it? or buy it sight-unseen?
My parents live in Illinois so I was gonna drive down to look at it. Its only a 3 and a half hour drive.
krump99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:54 AM   #6
DD1/LE

Drives: 2015 2SS 1/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
The only thing that is a red flag to me is that it somehow went 10k miles in 3.5 months with owner 4. That's a TON of miles for a short amount of time.
That's what I thought as well. Must have been a daily driver with a couple good road trips haha

Daily Driven 2015 2SS 1/LE in Ashen Grey
DD1/LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:55 AM   #7
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by krump99 View Post
My parents live in Illinois so I was gonna drive down to look at it. Its only a 3 and a half hour drive.
nice. as others said, a lot of miles has been put on within a small period but overall still looks like a solid car. take it home, service oil / trans / rear diff fluids and call it a day. good luck!

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:02 PM   #8
vladtheimpala

Drives: 2013 1LE
I’d try to drive the price down a bit. A year ago, I got a ‘13 1LE 2SS, NPP exhaust, 7600 mi for about what they’re asking for this one. That’s after missing one similarly equipped with 14K miles, at $24K
vladtheimpala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:12 PM   #9
Ironhyde

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE. (Gone 2012 45th SS)
Other options

Still have mine available, has a lot less miles, and performance mods to boot! That red one is nice, run a nada value or KBB. If your looking for a daily driver that is completely stock and you don’t plan to do any mods it seems a good deal, if you are going to do mods, and possibly consider taking it to track to do what these are designed for, give mine a closer look. Besides it is pretty warm down here in Florida now, and we never have salt on our roads, so look underneath and you will be amazed how little corrosion for cars here, vs the Midwest.

Good luck
Ironhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #10
SS Performance

Drives: 02 Camaro B4C
Price seems a bit high to me. I've seen similar mile cars going for $22-24K.
Test drive the car and then listen to your gut. If you have any doubts walk away.

Good luck
Craig

1969 Camaro SS
1970 Camaro SS
2002 Camaro B4C
2014 Camaro SS Dedicated Track Car
2015 Camaro 1SS 1LE
2008 HHR SS
1996 Silverado Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Rear Wheel
SS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:33 PM   #11

Drives: 15 1SS 1LE
That one nice Camaro!!! Like the color, pictures makes it look awesome

That Camaro looks like a 1SS from the interior. Now, the question is why does it have backup sensors, and a rear backup camera? Maybe a more experience camaro expert can answer this.

What up with 10.5K miles in three months?
Old 03-17-2019, 08:16 PM   #12
Elihu Smails

Drives: 2015 SIM 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427K View Post
That one nice Camaro!!! Like the color, pictures makes it look awesome

That Camaro looks like a 1SS from the interior. Now, the question is why does it have backup sensors, and a rear backup camera? Maybe a more experience camaro expert can answer this.

What up with 10.5K miles in three months?
I have the backup camera on my 1SS.

As far as the pricing...that's high for a '13, or even a '14 or '15 without Recaros.
IMO.
Elihu Smails is offline   Reply With Quote