Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-20-2020, 03:34 PM   #1
A-A-RON

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Custom Front Bumper and Front Camera

Custom painted 1LE dive planes and bezels, flat black emblems, and modified front support for custom front camera using rear view display features. Still waiting on a few more parts before I can fully install it.

Last couple pics are out of order. Ran a FAKRA extension line to the front through a custom made grommet in the driver front fender, and then drilled a hole through the crash bar.
Attached Images

A-A-RON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:56 PM   #2
Walkure

Drives: '17 ZL1 A10 Vert
The white on white diveplanes look awesome. I want to see pics of the car put back together.
Walkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:35 PM   #3
ABQautoxer

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Amazing work.
ABQautoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:47 PM   #4
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Extremely impressive work!

While I'm not a fan of the diveplanes in general, the white on white look MUCH better than the factory... Very well done!!!
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:10 PM   #5
BobZL1

Drives: 18 Stingray,19 ZL1
Does the camera operate thru the infotainment system? If so how did you integrate it?
BobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 12:11 AM   #6
A-A-RON

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobZL1 View Post
Does the camera operate thru the infotainment system? If so how did you integrate it?
It's another rear spoiler camera. It's activated by flipping the rear view mirror. It also retains the zoom in/out, up/down, and brightness adjustment features. I simply plugged it into the connection in the trunk when i unplugged the spoiler camera.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:17 AM   #7
A-A-RON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Extremely impressive work!

While I'm not a fan of the diveplanes in general, the white on white look MUCH better than the factory... Very well done!!!
Thanks. I wanted something different. The body shop I use sanded, painted, and primed several times to get rid of the textured surface. Now they look like painted carbon fiber. Had to sand down some paint on the tabs bc they were now thicker, but they are are one of a kind, and turned out awesome.

Last edited by A-A-RON; 03-21-2020 at 03:43 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:46 AM   #8
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-A-RON View Post
Thanks. I wanted something different. The body slurp shop i use sanded, painted, and primed several times to get rid of the textured surface. Now they look like painted carbon fiber. Had to sand down some paint on the tabs bc they were now thicker, but they are are one of a kind, and turned out awesome.
Amazing work! It's gonna look great when it all comes together. Thanks for posting up all those incredible pics. How long have you been working on this project?
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:39 AM   #9
A-A-RON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
Amazing work! It's gonna look great when it all comes together. Thanks for posting up all those incredible pics. How long have you been working on this project?
Thanks. A little over a month. Also have some modified APSIS C7 splash guards getting painted Majestic Black along with the 1LE Splitter.

Also check out my Custom ZL1 Armrest and Steering Wheel Plate Threads I have posted.

Thanks,
A-A-Ron
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2020, 10:11 AM   #10
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Excellent modifications. I absolutely love what you did with the Apsis splash guards. I have order many custom parts from them when I had my C6.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:11 AM   #11
A-A-RON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
Excellent modifications. I absolutely love what you did with the Apsis splash guards. I have order many custom parts from them when I had my C6.
Yes, they are good for the splash guards for sure. However, they couldn't guarantee fitment. The radius is a little off, but I was told heat can allow the guard to have some flex, so Ive been working them into shape.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:23 PM   #12
gomerboat

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Where did you find the black ZL1 front grill emblem? Or did you paint the chrome one? Having a hard time finding that one in matte black.
gomerboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:40 PM   #13
A-A-RON

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomerboat View Post
Where did you find the black ZL1 front grill emblem? Or did you paint the chrome one? Having a hard time finding that one in matte black.
Painted the stock letters. Sanded as much with 80 grit as possible without taking too much off. Then I had to use Duplicolor Adhesion Promoter spray, primed, and then painted with Duplicolor Universal Flat Black. It's a slightly lighter black, but contrasts just enough.

I used Green Frog tape to mask off the red 1 so it wouldn't be covered.

The Flow Tie, I drilled out the plastic rivets, and using some plastic JB Weld epoxy I glued some fender push pins in place. Now that it is friction fit, I can remove the Flow Tie if it gets scratched without having to remove the entire front bumper.
Attached Images

Last edited by A-A-RON; 03-24-2020 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:10 AM   #14
gomerboat

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Thanks for the detailed answer and pics! I will try this!

How does the emblem detach from the grill? I'm hoping to do it without removing the bumper.
gomerboat is offline   Reply With Quote