Attachment 1024485
Keep drinking the Trumpkool-aid
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:32 AM   #72
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Just to counter this, you do know some of these are could be accurate, you and I can't know. Do you know if the CDC is going a great job or not? I sure don't but I don't assume it's not true because the President said it.

And some of them may have been accurate at the time he said them. In January when he said, "it's under control", he might very well have believed that. Very easy to pull quotes based on old information. First known case in the US was January 20.

If you simply assume he exaggerates everything (sometimes wildly) you'll be much better for it. But if you assume everything is a lie, then you'll do nothing but try to find just enough inaccuracies to make them lies.

That being said, the cases will continue to rise and unfortunately so will the deaths.

It's just not clear how both sides want to make this political or about the President. It's simply not. It's a virus.

And for perspective, the 2009/2010 Pandemic, 12,000 Americans died and 60 MILLION were infected.

And here is an interesting article (still....from the internet) that compares the two and counters a few of your points.

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19...swine-flu.html

To your point, here is an Op/Ed piece by Mitch Album, generally fairly insightful, that makes your case.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...an/2892048001/

Now about those Camaro parts...................
Well said.

Trump ad-libs and is often inaccurate ...but not necessarily wrong. Everything is the biggest ...the best. His supporters look at the results which are undeniably good. His detractors hang on every word with their heads spinning

Fraxum posted a list of inconsequential nitpicking and word splitting. After three years of conspiracies, special counsel investigation/exoneration, impeachment/acquittal, etc. ...it does come off as TDS

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 03-22-2020 at 09:18 AM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #73
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Sorry everyone. It's not a political thing. I just hate lying. And liars. Everyone stay safe no matter what reality looks like to you. We are all sapien brothers and sisters worldwide.

The virus is not Ebola, but it is much worse than any Flu. Wash your hands often. Don't put your hands on your face, stay in your house and and avoid others outside of your loved ones. And if you have a fever and have trouble with deep breaths see a doctor. Hopefully there will be a bed for you if you need one.

Today my self quarantine can end, but I will listen to my governor. Not all the lies coming out of the white house.

And if you get a stimulus check and you can afford it give some of it to local people who may be running out of food. I'm not getting a check otherwise I would give it all away. But since We are lucky we can afford to help the community anyway.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:27 AM   #74
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
NJ Governor is an idiot, and as for Trump he has to keep the spirits up for 310 Million People so panic does not set in. and he is doing a great Job......
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:35 AM   #75
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
I think that only "American citizen's who lose their livelihood over this stuff should receive help from the government. Keep in mind that there is no free lunch. Those who have allowed China to own this country should foot the bill.
Thank your congressman and their donors for that one.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:32 PM   #76
Yellow Beast
TD

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2014 Mercedes C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
NJ Governor is an idiot, and as for Trump he has to keep the spirits up for 310 Million People so panic does not set in. and he is doing a great Job......
Panic has set in. Have you gone to the grocery store in the last couple weeks? Almost everything is shut down. Trump shouldn't lie to the people. It just makes him look more like an idiot. Give us facts. Were not 10 year olds. Lieing isn't going to make Americans not panic.
Yellow Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:58 PM   #77
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Actually the Media has a great deal to do with the panic more than Trump has. Over the past several years the media has gone to the over dramatic stages of reporting. Is it warranted this time it depends on who you talk too. I am not a Democrat nor a Republican but I am not blaming Trump for this one.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:02 PM   #78
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Ugh can we please leave politics and corona virus out of the forums? I want to see auto posts not de-evolution into bickering about which color tie they support. I'd rather try to rehash the debate about catch cans.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:04 PM   #79
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Friendly FYI, it’s possible that if you have the virus, that a hospital will not take you.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:24 PM   #80
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Beast View Post
Panic has set in. Have you gone to the grocery store in the last couple weeks? Almost everything is shut down. Trump shouldn't lie to the people. It just makes him look more like an idiot. Give us facts. Were not 10 year olds. Lieing isn't going to make Americans not panic.
If you were 10 years old you'd support someone other than Trump. Adults support Trump.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:00 PM   #81
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
I am grateful to the community that the discourse changed from buying car parts for a completely discretionary disposable 'liability' object like a sports car, some that are second cars like myself. It is time indeed to reflect and watch and understand our democracy and how we respond as a nation. We get to change the regime peacefully and with much fanfare. There are leaders out there who are just rocking this and its inspiring to watch them and be inspired, i.e. NY Cuomo. There are many more inspired leaders out there working their collective asses of as well. My kid is stocking extra hours for groceies shelves, and my wife started a sewing circle to make masks that NH health care is participating in as well.

Everyone has a view, that's fine. Vote your conscience. It will pass and we will be stronger. Everyone has to sacrifice and that is life. No one said this would be easy.

except Trump. he's a smaaht guy. (read sock puppet)

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:08 PM   #82
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I am simply going to wait until I actually GET one of these checks in my hand or in my bank account before I decide anything.

I'm old enough and been around long enough to be a bit skeptical about their promises.

Even now the Democrats and Republican's can't seem to come to an agreement. (SURPRISE)!!

When/If I actually get the money, THEN I'll decide what to do with it.
I'm not holding my breath waiting.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:16 PM   #83
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
Actually the Media has a great deal to do with the panic more than Trump has. Over the past several years the media has gone to the over dramatic stages of reporting. Is it warranted this time it depends on who you talk too. I am not a Democrat nor a Republican but I am not blaming Trump for this one.
Well how about this. If you listen to Trump you will not realize the severity of the situation we are in. He only cares about getting reelected. If you look at the direct quotes I found (all with video) you would think, this is no big deal. This attitude will kill some people. Look at how many here still do not get it.

Agreed Trump did not cause the public to panic. We did that on our own once we found out this is serious business. The only panic Trump caused was a stock market sell off.

I blame Trump for lying to us. Let me look up the current lie total, this would be funny if it was not hurtful to us and really the world:

President Trump made 16,241 false or misleading claims in his first three years

Trump lies so often the WP had to set up a database to track them all. Is that Okay?
Old 03-22-2020, 02:38 PM   #84
Psychosocial

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
I like visiting Camaro 6 to hear ideas and comments that fuel my passion for Camaros. Its therapeutic to read and talk about the things you love. I'd rather not hear a word about Trump on this website unless he is adding a Procharger or new headers and exhaust to his 2SS. Don't be a dream crusher, take the BS to NYTimes.com.

BTW - I'm dreaming about new wheels and tires!
Psychosocial is offline   Reply With Quote