Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-15-2020, 04:25 PM   #169
Heliogordy

Drives: 2010 2LT Aqua Blue/Silver Ice Rally
Here's another "snowflake" who's over-reacting....

https://www.newsweek.com/newt-gingri...pinion-1492270
Heliogordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:47 PM   #170
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
I'm not going to get worried or stressed out until I see videos of people stampeding through Costco purchasing all the Mobil 1 5w-30. A true indication of the apocalypse.
Attached Images

ariZona28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 05:07 PM   #171
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
The whole world is conspiring to stop trump. Come on man
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
I'm not going to get worried or stressed out until I see videos of people stampeding through Costco purchasing all the Mobil 1 5w-30. A true indication of the apocalypse.
Don’t start them hoarding by giving ‘em the idea!
Old 03-15-2020, 05:10 PM   #172
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Time to worry? I just got back from Harbor Freight to get a cheap junk tool to use in the dirt and some crap screwdrivers on sale. The place was packed.

It's a shame some people just NEED to panic, Global cooling Global Warming Asteroids Earthquakes Virus TDS gotta be something.

There are of course bad things that could happen everyday but if not let's be irrational about 0.001% chance of being injured type odds.
For example I know a lady who won't go across bridges in case they collapse while she is on them.

To the OP question, I know of people having 30% and more reduction in sales in retail this past 30days. Entertainment and travel hit worse. The hysteria IS F'ing up the economy bad right now. They won't report it because even during the prior recession they lump in Walmart and grocery sales in with the economic numbers. This hides how bad it is for MOST people because of hoarding sales that help only a handful of workers and businesses.
For those unfamiliar with business income, fixed costs eat up most of the gross income so a big drop like that makes them unprofitable and headed towards bankrupcy and closing. People are getting their hours cut and laid off. Because of this lack of sales and orders, I know of some wholesalers that are doing layoffs and considering a 1mo or longer shutdown.
I assure you if they keep up with this stay home stay far apart cancel BS we'll see an economic depression the likes of we haven't seen in our lifetimes.
Edit: I'm not hating on the few who are manufacturing related products and getting 10x the hours and sales for this brief period in time. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by silversleeper; 03-15-2020 at 05:43 PM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 05:55 PM   #173
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I get it’s ‘out there.’ But look who he’s chided. Xi of China, Philippe of France, (climate accord) Trudeau of Canada, the Pope of Italy, Lil Kim of N Korea, the Assohola of Iran, NATO, Erdogan or Turkey and probably a few others I’ve forgotten. So while I say the virus is real, the ol Trumpster has lots of global enemies.
You forgot little rocket man. That wrote the beautiful letters
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 06:04 PM   #174
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
As long as the white trash come out to vote
count me in...4 more years.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 06:09 PM   #175
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
You forgot little rocket man. That wrote the beautiful letters
Thx, but I said ‘lil Kim...’ I did forget Angela Merkel though. They don’t see eye to eye either. I’m trying to be rational in a rapidly, devolving situation.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:27 PM   #176
Heliogordy

Drives: 2010 2LT Aqua Blue/Silver Ice Rally
Maybe Coronavirus was Kim Jong's "Christmas present"?
Heliogordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 07:39 PM   #177
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Quote:
As long as the white trash come out to vote
Not only are yall bashing each other over politics now you bring out racial comments. SMH. Might as well be scrolling on CNN
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 07:58 PM   #178
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post
Not only are yall bashing each other over politics now you bring out racial comments. SMH. Might as well be scrolling on CNN
Yep I decided to opt out of this one going forward.
As a side note he’s got a lot more minority support compared to 2016 so what are you going to call them?
Peace I’m out.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 03-15-2020 at 08:16 PM.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:13 PM   #179
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Probably time for the mods to close this one down, too many idiots coming out of the woodwork.

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:44 PM   #180
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
+1
Excellent write up! Print this out and nail it up around town.
As with anything that needs a little thought, common sense is your best bet.
This is preached every day, on social media, on TV, but people just wont do it.
China had to physically take the people who refused to do it and quarantine them. Eventually completely locking down the 9 million people in Wuhan to get a grip on it.

The same thing will happen here in the US in the coming month or so.

I went by my local Walmart today to pick up a prescription for an elderly person I know. While I'm waiting, I hear someone a couple isles over to my right coughing at least 3 times every minute. 2 isles over to my left someone is sneezing twice every minute.

Do they have coronavirus? I don't know, but they are evidently sick, and have no business being in an area where lots of people are.

Thank God I have N95 masks.

For crying out loud people.

IF YOUR SICK>>>>>STAY HOME!!!

But they wont do it. No matter how many times they are told to.

So that being the case, if your going anywhere where lots of people are, be sure you have a N95 mask, and hand sanitizer. Stay 6 feet away from others.

Am I panicking? No, absolutely not. I'm protecting myself against idiots with no common sense. Unfortunately, this virus has shown how many of these people exist in society.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:48 PM   #181
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
At the end of the day, this is where it is today because of the lack of action from every single "leader" in Washington. We/they knew months ago about this outbreak and how severe it could be and all that was done was them telling us not to worry about it and how we need to impeach Trump. Now look at this mess. And here we are continuing to fly people back to the U.S from God knows where bring back God knows what.

The mixed messages are beyond pathetic. No more than 500 per crowd to 250 to 50 now. But just go online and look at all the people coming from overseas at each of the 13 airports with all these people stacked together like sardines. What a freaking joke.... facts!
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:59 PM   #182
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
At the end of the day, this is where it is today because of the lack of action from every single "leader" in Washington. We/they knew months ago about this outbreak and how severe it could be and all that was done was them telling us not to worry about it and how we need to impeach Trump. Now look at this mess. And here we are continuing to fly people back to the U.S from God knows where bring back God knows what.

The mixed messages are beyond pathetic. No more than 500 per crowd to 250 to 50 now. But just go online and look at all the people coming from overseas at each of the 13 airports with all these people stacked together like sardines. What a freaking joke.... facts!
This is where it is today because people are too ignorant to follow 5 basic things.

1)Wash your hands many times per day, and use hand sanitizer.

2)If your sick, stay home.

3)Stay away from elderly people if you have any symptoms at all, no matter how light they may be.

4)If your out in public, and you touch ANYTHING that other people touch, sanitize your hands.

5) Do not touch your face while out in public without first washing your hands and using hand sanitizer.

But instead of doing this, people would rather place blame on Govt, or anything else, instead of focusing on what THEY can do to prevent getting/spreading it. 100% FACT

ARE YOU PART OF THE SOLUTION OR PART OF THE PROBLEM?

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote