Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-12-2020, 02:04 AM   #29
RLNTLSS
INTSAGRAM: Failwish

Drives: 2019 /2SS LT1
Go to a different dealership and request help for your registration.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:03 AM   #30
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
JROC,

Your situation sucks.

I’d be frustrated as well. Visiting the dealership in person, or visiting a different dealership altogether may be your best option.

With everyone saying to get an attorney involved, while in theory, it may sound good, but think about all the cost involved, and then even finding an attorney to take the case.

Whichever route you take, good luck. ��
Old 01-12-2020, 04:34 AM   #31
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Contact your DMV and get the proper person at the States Attorney's office and file a complaint with them. You paid your sales tax and registration to the dealer, it is their responsibility to get your documentation and tags in time.

But resist saying anything to the dealer. Once you mention anything about lawyers, they will immediately stop talking to you.

I'm sorry to say, but you really made a mistake by going off on the phone as you described. It's frustrating, I know, but the fact is that somebody made a mistake, and no one is owning up to it. I doubt that the you refinancing before you title application went through had anything to do with it, but perhaps, since the lien holder is on the title, it's possible?

Either way, I would say the state is your best ally in this. If they haven't filed you registration, they haven't paid the sales tax either, so they have a dog in this fight too. Not to mention, this gets you off the hook for the old car as well.

Anyway, contact the States Attorney. Regardless if you have received your registration or not. You may not be an isolated case.

Last edited by MrChrisLS3; 01-12-2020 at 04:57 AM.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:02 AM   #32
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Why are you talking some slick internet biotch chit? Why don't you use something more than an 8th graders comprehension level and think that if they are claiming to have sent it to me that it wouldn't be sitting at a dealership? The reason I'm not pursuing someone higher in the dealership is because I'm pretty sure I've been dealing with the GM. His name's Jimmy. Like the old GMC.
Let's recap:

You're the one who said that they had the paperwork sitting there.
You're the one who said they sent prior items to the wrong address.
You're the one who needs the title/reg.
You're the one who said you're refinance deal is coming unraveled.

The solution?

Play a stupid phone game with an operator to show her "you mean business" by repeatedly calling her back to give 4th grade playground responses and then HOPE they send it out right away to the right address.

Smart move.

Really smart in light of the fact that they sent the first stuff, in truth or not, to the wrong address.

How many times have you been in ol' "GMC's" office? IF that is the GM, because you just admitted you don't know for sure.

How many times have you physically went down to sort this out with anyone?

If the original salesman dropped the ball, or the paperwork got hung up, do you really think repeated phone calls are going to solve the problem if the first one or two didn't? Now, add that with your previous experience with the keys/book....

With that thought in your head, you magically think somehow, some way, ripping a $10.00/hr phone girl who has ZERO authority (other than passing messages to other idiot salesmen) is going to get you what need?

GENIUS!

Listen, here is the vowel to solve the puzzle....

If they say they have the paperwork in hand, I sure as hell would ask who has it and go down the next day to pick it up vs. waiting another 6 months arguing with the janitor, the lot boy, the car detailer, and the dealership mascot.

So, in the end, I can say slick internet chit and use my 8th grade comprehension level to understand that I have all the titles to my cars because I go down to talk, face to face, with the people who have the authority to handle the problem. And, if not satisfied, continue up the chain until something happens.

You wanted advise.... You were/are handling this incorrectly.

You don't want to look in the mirror and realize it. That is most of your problem.

If you want an internet pity party/cheerleading squad, don't ask "How should I handle this?"
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:03 AM   #33
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Let's recap:

The solution?

Play a stupid phone game with an operator to show her "you mean business" by repeatedly calling her back to give 4th grade playground responses and then HOPE they send it out right away to the right address.

Smart move.

Really smart in light of the fact that they sent the first stuff, in truth or not, to the wrong address.

How many times have you been in ol' "GMC's" office? IF that is the GM, because you just admitted you don't know for sure.

If the original salesman dropped the ball, or the paperwork got hung up, do you really think repeated phone calls are going to solve the problem if the first one or two didn't? Now, add that with your previous experience with the keys/book....

With that thought in your head, you magically think somehow, some way, ripping a $10.00/hr phone girl who has ZERO authority (other than passing messages to other idiot salesmen) is going to get you what need?

GENIUS!

If they say they have the paperwork in hand, I sure as hell would ask who has it and go down the next day to pick it up vs. waiting another 6 months arguing with the janitor, the lot boy, the car detailer, and the dealership mascot.

So, in the end, I can say slick internet chit and use my 8th grade comprehension level to understand that I have all the titles to my cars because I go down to talk, face to face, with the people who have the authority to handle the problem. And, if not satisfied, continue up the chain until something happens.

You don't want to look in the mirror and realize it. That is most of your problem.

If you want an internet pity party/cheerleading squad, don't ask "How should I handle this?"
You want to recap, then here we go.

I'm someone on here looking for real advice from serious people for a real issue. (Which BTW many on here are doing a great job of giving, and I very much appreciate their help) You're someone on here trying to act slick to look cool on this forum. I don't have time for that BS so you can piss the F off.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:20 AM   #34
JROC
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post
JROC,

Your situation sucks.

I’d be frustrated as well. Visiting the dealership in person, or visiting a different dealership altogether may be your best option.

With everyone saying to get an attorney involved, while in theory, it may sound good, but think about all the cost involved, and then even finding an attorney to take the case.

Whichever route you take, good luck. ��
Thanks,

One of the main reasons I haven't made the trip back to see this dealer yet is I need to make sure I have my ducks in order if that is the route I need to take. I tend to be kind hot headed in these types of senarios and I don't want to go there and have a blow up and make the situation worse when things start not going my way if I go up there. I'm not opposed to going there, but I want to see if I need/should to do any legal stuff before I do so, so that I can show them that their BS'ing around on this needs to stop, and that they need to get motivated to resolve this issue.

The odd thing is is that the lady from the credit union straight up told me that if I need to go into their showroom and make a scene to do it. Just do whatever I have to to get the registration. That if I were to be pulled over in my new car that I could go to jail for not having my registration on it, and this dealership likely wouldn't pay to bail me out. But like my wife said, "it's real easy to tell someone else to do something that very well might lead to them getting the cops called on them and them being arrested." Obviously that is something I'm wanting to avoid. IMO going and making some big scene on the showroom floor would be a bad idea. Besides it's kind of how lowlifes try and handle situations.

This is a very small dealership. The smallest new car dealership I can remember seeing in my lifetime and I'm 37 so I'm not that young. It has sort of this old-school, small town, small dealership on the corner kind of vibe. I even wrote about that in my review I did for them.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:27 AM   #35
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Let's recap:

The solution?

Smart move.

GENIUS!

He lost me when he referred to the woman at the dealership as "bitch" twice and "broad" later in his own post.

I'd love a recording of that exchange.

OP, I think what he saying here is you probably didn't get anyone at the dealership really interested in being on your side. Sounds like a salesperson quit/left and your case fell into a hole. I agree, they should have stepped up quickly with your paperwork. But even in your own description of the events, you didn't help your case much. Sorry, it's in your own post.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:55 AM   #36
JROC
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
He lost me when he referred to the woman at the dealership as "bitch" twice and "broad" later in his own post.

I'd love a recording of that exchange.

OP, I think what he saying here is you probably didn't get anyone at the dealership really interested in being on your side. Sounds like a salesperson quit/left and your case fell into a hole. I agree, they should have stepped up quickly with your paperwork. But even in your own description of the events, you didn't help your case much. Sorry, it's in your own post.
Not saying I should of got into It with them. It's just simply what occurred. The woman was actingly like some privileged bitch so she got called that accordingly. Should I have called her that? No. Should she have started trying to lecture me when all I said was, "make sure you send the registration to the correct address because last time y'all send me something you mailed it to the wrong address?(At least according to Amelia who was my sales lady) No. When she started getting upset and defensive about me saying that and started giving me crap that's when it went south. She starts fussing at me telling me that she didn't send me anything to the wrong address and that she's only worked there for 2 weeks and on, and on, and on just lecturing me. I even stopped her and told her that I wasn't blaming her personally, but that someone at her dealership had supposedly mailed me something to the wrong address and it was lost in the mail for several weeks. Apparently though she was bent on getting her little drawn out rant out of her and she went right back to fussing at me. Before this I was being direct and serious with her, but not rude. I was referring to her as miss and not yelling or being aggressive over the phone. But, at this point I'd had it with these people and I basically told her to STFU and to quit fussing at me. That her dealership is the one who's messed this up, and that I just bought a brand new car from them and that I'm not here to get fussed at and lectured to by some cocky sales women. Then she wants to play this, "I'm going to leave the phone line open but not respond to this guy" game because she got her feelings hurt when I checked her for fussing at me, when she was out of place. When these games started is when she started getting called out of her name.

Again I'm not saying that's the correct way to handle the situation, but it is what happened. It went even worse when I was on the phone with Jimmy. Now I'm speaking with another man so much more yelling and cussing back and forth than was going on with this woman.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:55 AM   #37
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Quote:

I'm someone on here looking for real advice from serious people for a real issue. (Which BTW many on here are doing a great job of giving, and I very much appreciate their help) You're someone on here trying to act slick to look cool on this forum. I don't have time for that BS so you can piss the F off.
I can see now why the OP’s communication with the dealership turned into a juvenile shouting match........
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:06 AM   #38
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsreo View Post
I can see now why the OP’s communication with the dealership turned into a juvenile shouting match........
Yes, i have to agree.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:11 AM   #39
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
OP,

It's time to swallow your pride and make a field trip down to that dealership and go straight to the General manager. And explain that you need your registration. Don't yell, don't call people names.
Talk like adults face to face with him. I'm sure they will find it in their system and give you the registration. BE POLITE. And see what happens....

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:11 AM   #40
JROC
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsreo View Post
Thank you. You understand. I am not the coolest customer if I feel I'm being chitted on. Don't get me wrong I'm actually very nice if I feel I'm being treated fairly, but if I think I'm being screwed over I have a tendency of not handling it in a very cool manner. That's why I don't just make the 1.5-2 hour trip and just pop up in their showroom. I can see them trying to feed me somekind of BS, or getting loud with me, and me getting mad and tripping out at them. That likely would make this situation go even worse than it is, and I'm looking to avoid that. That's the point of this thread and the legal advice I'm asking about.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:31 AM   #41
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
All of us understand your frustration and dilemma you are in about your Camaro JROC but it seems that the majority of replies is to pay a visit to the dealership and talk to the General Manager or higher up and tell them you need a resolution to the problem that you have now. You just have to remain calm and cool and I’m sure you will get your situation resolved without hiring an attorney. Sure there has been a lot of name calling and cursing but if you go into the dealership in person I think it would be a better course of action to take and then if you don’t get the situation resolved an attorney would be the next course to action! I did reply earlier in this thread but have been following it.��
Old 01-12-2020, 12:23 PM   #42
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:

No, you're not looking for advise. You're looking for a pity party.

Wait... Since I'm cool, I'll give you one more piece of 8th grade advise....
Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win a war. Man up!

A lawyer is going to cost serious bucks and time. If you want to waste the time and money because you can't control yourself, go for it.
YOU didn't do your homework on the dealer. This is the consequence.

Running your flapper over the phone/internet is pushing you further from your goal. THE PIECE OF PAPER SITTING ON SOMEONES DESK!

You want a lawyer? Take the time off work to go find one who will take your case, or sit in a government office to try to get someone to do what you can easily do yourself. See if it takes more than 3-4 hours (and a whole lot of $$ in fees/missed work) to do it your way. Guarantee the first words out of either options mouth are going to be "Did you go down there?" "What did you do to resolve this on your own?"

Try doing it the grown up way, telephone tough guy, bite your tongue and politely ask for the paper so you can move on. OR, keep shooting yourself in the foot.

Either way.... GL with your issue! At the rate you're going, you'll need it!

Slick.... OUT!

Last edited by 95 imp; 01-12-2020 at 12:41 PM.
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote