Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-04-2019, 09:21 PM   #15
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Congrats on the new car! I love the 1LE's.

Question: Why would it be cheaper to cam the manual? Both auto and manual LT1's have the AFM hardware, even though manuals have it tuned out of the way.
Well correct me if I am wrong. Just my opinion.

AFM comes on the A8/A10 - Only
M6 comes with Skip Shift - You can disable this either in the Tune or a Wire above the transmission but below the console. As I understand all the parts are there in a manual as in an auto in regards to AFM but the design/factory/ECU has been turned off. So in a manual I can slid just a Cam in and not worry about plugging the holes to reroute the oil and change lifters as you would in an auto if you want to get rid of the AFM.

I guess to be clear in my post that you are talking about I didn’t mention that I would get rid of the AFM in a auto as I did before. So if your not getting rid of the AFM the cost would be the same in a Cam change for auto or manual. I just hated that AFM in the auto.

If I do the cam change I will have to think do I want just the cam or the complete cam change with lifters, rods, springs.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:35 PM   #16
metalhead79
Yep...

Drives: 2019 1SS - sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Congrats. I recently picked up a 19 SS 1LE as well. Great car, and I really like the 19's style on the 1LE. I get more complements on this car than any other I've ever had. Plus I feel that the 19 SS cars have the potential to be pretty desirable in a few years. They didn't make a bunch of them and they were a one year deal. Not a lot of people thought a Foxbody LX 5.0L notch was a better looking or more desireable car than a 87-93 GT until 10 or 15 years after they went out of production. Now notches are very desirable cars that pull good $.

Very nice car BTW.
Personally, I like how the black front looks. I don't care for the chrome flowtie, but that's an easy fix.
metalhead79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:56 PM   #17
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Congratulations on your purchase of another sixth-generation Camaro!

If it's a 1SS, I would upgrade the interior with leather-wrapped knee pads from the 2LT/3LT/2SS.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:47 AM   #18
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
I am actually not sure what to do to the car. I went to far last time, then I got To a point that I was scared of breaking parts after I blew my half shaft off.

Thoughts will be coming. Did my first lame ass mod yesterday, 3 tinted windows deep black. So far what I can take away from the car is handling is great and feels heavy in the steering wheel like the SS but a bit more solid. I like a heavy steering wheel. Going from auto to manual is fun and will be cheaper to Cam it.

Mods in the future if any. (Have the factory upgrade air intake)
1. Headers and a true free flowing exhaust.
2. E85 with tune of course.

That’s probably it. I will miss the cam sound. So I have to fight the urge to do that.

BTW the 2016 mods and sound of that beast made me smile every time I started that engine. Worth it!
Having been there myself I am one and done on serious car modding. With the SS it is so good stock and a low 12 second car is fun enough. More is just a waste on the street. Kind of like a fast sweet spot. And the SS and SS 1LE are great cars stock.

However your last build was cool. Looks bad a$$ with that hood. Nice 1LE and a very smart buy on the 19.

My next LT1 might not even be a SS.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:57 AM   #19
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
I am actually not sure what to do to the car. I went to far last time, then I got To a point that I was scared of breaking parts after I blew my half shaft off.

Thoughts will be coming. Did my first lame ass mod yesterday, 3 tinted windows deep black. So far what I can take away from the car is handling is great and feels heavy in the steering wheel like the SS but a bit more solid. I like a heavy steering wheel. Going from auto to manual is fun and will be cheaper to Cam it.

Mods in the future if any. (Have the factory upgrade air intake)
1. Headers and a true free flowing exhaust.
2. E85 with tune of course.

That’s probably it. I will miss the cam sound. So I have to fight the urge to do that.

BTW the 2016 mods and sound of that beast made me smile every time I started that engine. Worth it!
Having been there myself on a 5th gen I am one and done on serious car modding. With the SS it is so good stock and a low 12 second car is fun enough. More is just a waste on the street. Kind of like a fast sweet spot. And the SS and SS 1LE are great all around muscle/sports cars stock. A BMW 3 series with a small block Chevy.

I do not plan for LTs on my next Camaro. I wish there was a way to remove that 2" restriction in some other way. Perhaps just E85 and a ported manifold and maybe a bigger TB and a tune after break in. I kept my HP Tuners but so many credits on the newer Camaro. Like you I will take my time.

However your last build was cool. Looks bad a$$ with that hood.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:27 AM   #20
gmcvt

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS A10
Sweet ride sir. You have a coalescence of uniqueness. Shock/19/1LE.

I am also very reluctant to do much to my 19. It is so much fun in mostly stock form that I'm really hesitant to do anything much with it. I do want the cam lope but I dont want to lose any of the tip in, low speed, seamless torque and driveability of the car. The reality is that the car spends about 99% of its time on the street and not the strip. Adding power at this point just makes it more likely to get into bigger trouble. But I do hate missing out on making the car more distinct, unique and personal. Its a tune & corn for now. Not sure what the future will hold.
2018 Mustang GT A10 Kooks Lt's, E85 & Lund tune*SOLD*
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. *SOLD*
gmcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:19 AM   #21
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcvt View Post
Sweet ride sir. You have a coalescence of uniqueness. Shock/19/1LE.

I am also very reluctant to do much to my 19. It is so much fun in mostly stock form that I'm really hesitant to do anything much with it. I do want the cam lope but I dont want to lose any of the tip in, low speed, seamless torque and driveability of the car. The reality is that the car spends about 99% of its time on the street and not the strip. Adding power at this point just makes it more likely to get into bigger trouble. But I do hate missing out on making the car more distinct, unique and personal. Its a tune & corn for now. Not sure what the future will hold.
I think the same as you. What did the E85 and tune bring u up in power? I am guess 50 - 70 RWHP? Probably the route I will go. Miss the cam sound but as you said it can bring problems that you have to solve with extra power.
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:15 AM   #22
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Congrats on the 2019. Im on my 2nd 6th Gen Camaro also. mine wasnt by choice , a speeding Tahoe totalled my 2016.
I was a 2019 hater also when they first came out, but I grew to like the front a lot. A good thing since I own one now..LOL
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:16 AM   #23
gmcvt

Quote:
I think the same as you. What did the E85 and tune bring u up in power? I am guess 50 - 70 RWHP? Probably the route I will go. Miss the cam sound but as you said it can bring problems that you have to solve with extra power.
I honestly haven't noticed a substantial difference in power. I didn't do a before or after dyno. I know I am gettting about 5 more degrees of advance under PE but I cant really say I noticed a massive difference. I had corn on my 18 5.0 and it made a much more noticeable difference.....at least SOTP.

93 around here can be sketchy and even with a lower percentage E, I can still get more timing out of the engine than I could with 93. Its just more consistent. It seems I've seen numbers in 17-20rwhp on the LT1 on corn, pending tune.

Aside from powertrain reliability, what types of problems did you incur that required more power?
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. *SOLD*
Old 12-05-2019, 11:25 AM   #24
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Whats the difference over this and the 2016 other than the color and grills and tail lights? Was your 2016 broke?
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:13 PM   #25
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Whats the difference over this and the 2016 other than the color and grills and tail lights? Was your 2016 broke?

Had the car for 3.5 years and modded the crap out of it. Time for a change. Decided to go with the 1LE model. Difference was the mods. A8 to a manual big diff.

Actually fighting my inner self to keep it stock as best as I can.

In regards to anything wrong with it. Black was hard to keep clean, scratches, and I was chasing a number at the drag strip and decided to pack it in with the build. The A8 and problems others had, made me try the manual. I never had a problem with my A8, but buying the new car it was in my back of my mind. Overall very fun but a money pit and cost me a good girlfriend that was not into cars. So women with dogs and women that don’t like cars are off my list.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:43 PM   #26
gmcvt

Quote:

Had the car for 3.5 years and modded the crap out of it. Time for a change. Decided to go with the 1LE model. Difference was the mods. A8 to a manual big diff.

In regards to anything wrong with it. Black was hard to keep clean, scratches, and I was chasing a number at the drag strip and decided to pack it in with the build. The A8 and problems others had, made me try the manual. I never had a problem with my A8, but buying the new car it was in my back of my mind. Overall very fun but a money pit and cost me a good girlfriend that was not into cars. So women with dogs and women that don’t like cars are off my list.
So your SS helped you weed out a bad match for companionship and a future of heartache.....and then you get rid of it!! Betrayal!!!
Old 12-06-2019, 12:44 AM   #27
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:

Please post some drive by videos.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:35 AM   #28
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Quote:
You will lose, give into the force............
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote