2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Holy that Porsche is consistent!!!
I’m impressed.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:40 AM   #30
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
C&D also mentioned that the Tesla's battery had to be fully charged, and "warmed up" for 45 minutes before entering the "ludicrous" mode. Sounds like the odds of pulling up next to a model S in a ZL-1 or even an SS and getting smoked are not quite as stacked in the Tesla's favor as I once thought. The Porsche, however, is a different story.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:48 PM   #31
Noob10

Drives: Camaro ZL1
I have a Tesla Model 3 Performance and a '18 ZLE. Honestly, you really can't go wrong with either car. I drive the 3 more often that I thought I would. The acceleration feels unreal and very fun. The ZLE is defnintely more of a driver's car and fun all in its own right, but it gets boring how often you have to pump gas. LOL. For me, I have the best of both worlds. If I had to choose one, I'd probably have to say the ZLE, because at some point, you will miss the feeling of something raw and connected. My 2 cents.
Noob10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:09 PM   #32
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
Isn't the whole thing about a performance car is it has a personality of it's on ? Push a button to start a electric car, does it go snap, crackle, and pop like a ZL1 ? When you pass by and people hear you and turn heads, can a electric car do that or hit like a LS/LT with a cam, headers, and exhaust. I'm not looking for attention when I go out ! But the ZL1/1LE commands it !!! LOL
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:39 PM   #33
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob10 View Post
I have a Tesla Model 3 Performance and a '18 ZLE. Honestly, you really can't go wrong with either car. I drive the 3 more often that I thought I would. The acceleration feels unreal and very fun. The ZLE is defnintely more of a driver's car and fun all in its own right, but it gets boring how often you have to pump gas. LOL. For me, I have the best of both worlds. If I had to choose one, I'd probably have to say the ZLE, because at some point, you will miss the feeling of something raw and connected. My 2 cents.
Finally. Someone that owns and knows a few of the cars mentioned and not something they read somewhere.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:41 AM   #34
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
The Model 3 Performance is very quick off the line and a very sporty car to drive, but not very fast around a track. I guess the handling/grip is lacking. I’ve been to multiple events with Tesla groups at Buttonwillow and Laguna Seca and this is a fact. In my ZLE I passed Randy Pobst driving a Model 3 Performance with a big brake kit, aftermarket wheels and PS4S I think. I have it on video and spent time talking to him after and teased him some, he laughed and said it was ok to post the vid on YouTube and title it “I passed Randy Pobst”. I didn’t :-) I think he couldn’t get the 3 below 1:59 at BW if I recall correctly, it was my first first weekend ever tracking the ZLE and I did 1:57 which is good but not great.

Model 3 P would be a very fun DD car but limited for high performance track driving.

In his stock ZLE my coach Jeff Cook did a 1:50 on his first ever day at BW—1:50 is VERY fast there for any car including 720S, GT3RS etc
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:51 AM   #35
photorph

Drives: 19 zl1 le hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob10 View Post
Perfect answer, so the model 3 is faster at least acceleration wise. But the ZLE is overall more fun. That was my assessment as well, just was wondering about the paying 10k more for a slower car that is more fun.
photorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:58 AM   #36
BanOne

Drives: 1977 Pontiac Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by photorph View Post
Yes I know, tesla's are boring. And I love manuals. Hence why I'm hoping I can get a ZL1 at the prices many others have posted such as 65k out the door.

I know it makes total sense to get ZL1 over ZLE, but I like the looks of the ZLE so much better (rims, hood, wing). Yes I can add these to the ZL1, but by the time I do that I end up spending way more than what the 1LE package costs. If only there was a way that the 1LE could have the magnetic suspension.

So the OTD prices in the 66k range were back several months when chevy was offering much better incentives at the end of the year, November was the best and then got steadily worse in the following month. I was shopping for a new ZLE and had a price of $66k OTD negotiated a d just could not do it cause I felt like they were holding out. I waited and bought the same car two months later used for $58k OTD.

The incentives are not good right now unless you finance for the 0%. Wait a couple months dealers will negotiate once inventory backs up. If you are dead set on the ZLE pay the 70 and get what you want.
BanOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:24 AM   #37
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Finally. Someone that owns and knows a few of the cars mentioned and not something they read somewhere.
You said it before I had the chance. These are the comments that would help me make a decision.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:15 PM   #38
gaveup

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by photorph View Post
Perfect answer, so the model 3 is faster at least acceleration wise. But the ZLE is overall more fun. That was my assessment as well, just was wondering about the paying 10k more for a slower car that is more fun.
You keep saying "slower", but you're so incorrect there it hurts.

The tesla is slightly quicker 0-60mph. After that 60mph the tesla is getting left behind. The 3 has AWD and instant torque, which is great. However, up top it falls off. In actuality, you should be cross shopping the 3 vs a SS, not a ZL1.

Model 3 performance: 11.8@115mph (motortrend)
2017 Camaro ZL1: 11.5@125mph (motortrend)

Do you even understand how much a 125 mph car will destroy a 115mph car? Considering the telsa is losing mph up top while the zl1 is gaining. The gap between the 2 cars will get larger and larger the more you go on.
gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:50 PM   #39
ferrisbueller

Drives: 50th anniversary hot wheels camaro
if it doesn't burn gas and explode, I don't want it!
this is MERICA
ferrisbueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:00 PM   #40
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
There is another metric that is being overlooked. If you buy the ZLE, you will spend some ~$7K more for the 1LE package. If you are going to drive it mostly on the street, you will likely buy a set of tires to replace the GYSC3Rs. That adds another ~$1,600 to the price. Once you put on these other tires, you have likely brought the handling characteristics down to the ZL1 range with the downside of a harsher ride.

If spending ~$9K more for a harsher ride and very similar performance is what floats your boat, it is America and it is your money.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:33 PM   #41
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
There is another metric that is being overlooked. If you buy the ZLE, you will spend some ~$7K more for the 1LE package. If you are going to drive it mostly on the street, you will likely buy a set of tires to replace the GYSC3Rs. That adds another ~$1,600 to the price. Once you put on these other tires, you have likely brought the handling characteristics down to the ZL1 range with the downside of a harsher ride.

If spending ~$9K more for a harsher ride and very similar performance is what floats your boat, it is America and it is your money.
Chevy doesn't charge another 7500 for a set of tires, there is a lot more to it then that.Do you really think if you put those tires on your car its a 1LE? Come on thats a silly comment. I do agree the tires make a big difference but there is much more to it. Price out that wing and shocks alone.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:24 PM   #42
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
Chevy doesn't charge another 7500 for a set of tires, there is a lot more to it then that.Do you really think if you put those tires on your car its a 1LE? Come on thats a silly comment. I do agree the tires make a big difference but there is much more to it. Price out that wing and shocks alone.
...and canards, lighter and wider track wheels, solid rear mounts, and the way it was all fine tuned though wind tunnel and track testing to work in unison. This ZLE package is the best performance bargain in the world.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote