Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-27-2020, 06:44 PM   #15
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sworn View Post
Like 'em?

love em but be carefull alot of people break a swaybar mount bolt when installing like we did lol fun stuff
Old 05-28-2020, 02:44 PM   #16
sworn

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
love em but be carefull alot of people break a swaybar mount bolt when installing like we did lol fun stuff
Yikes!
2019 Camaro 1SS. Crush. Mishimoto Catch Can, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Oracle Side Markers, ZL1 Side Skirts, Blade Spoiler W/ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill, Exhaust Cut Outs, BMR Front and Rear Cradle Braces, Cold Air Inductions CAI. ZL1 Rims 285 Fronts and 305's Rear. Speed Inc Tune PCM & TCM.
sworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:14 PM   #17
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
I would go with the GM Performance strut/spring kit and their sway bars. They are the ONLY people I have seen who proved their performance gains on track. That matters. Then throw in factory engineered and daily driver liveable and you've got a winner IMHO. That's what I was planning to do on my 2017 1SS until I decided to trade for a 1LE
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 12:47 AM   #18
SS2017_MJB

Drives: 2017 SS Coupe 2SS 8AT (427CI, D1X)
ZL1 Alternative - OEM FE4 Suspension Upgrade

You might consider the GM upgrade alternative of the ZL1/FE4 level suspension sway bars for *both* front/rear. I asked the same question you did 2+ years ago for my 2017 SS 2SS A8 with MagnaRide and reviewed many threads here on the subject. BMR solution was mentioned but some thought them just too much. (Don't get me wrong -- I love BMR -- the rest of my suspension other than springs has been augmented with their replacement parts or bushings). A very persuasive thread then focused on upgrading SS with ZL1 bars (and links) -- stiffer than the SS bars -- and reasonably priced. And to ensure balance -- both front and rear bars were upgraded. I went that route (along with Eibach lowered springs) and my car hugs the road like a slot car (Michelin PS4s on MRR017 staggered 10/11" rims help too). Roll around corners was reduced, car felt tighter subjectively, and it remained quite comfortable to ride in. That balance of ride quality and handling was key since until last year I used the car in Daily Driver role commuting 80 miles round trip a day. Parts list is attached for everything involved.

One fine point I picked up while researching sway bars and springs was attention to wheel alignment. With different suspension parts that tend to move your SS to more of a ZL1/SS 1LE level the alignment should follow suit. The stock SS is an FE3 setup and a ZL1 is a FE4 spec (a ZL1-1LE is FEA spec). Check out the thread at https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524673 and scroll to bottom reply with table. Upgraded suspension benefits from appropriate alignment, .e.g, compare your stock FE3 specs to FE4 (or FEA). Just a detail many overlook while focusing on the hardware buys aspect.

GM Parts Direct
Attached Images

CSP Build 1/20. Procharger D1X w/Stage 2 IC, Texas Speed 427CI long block w/forged internals/ported LT1 heads/FI cam, LT4 HPFP/injectors, ATI balancer, MM catch can, FTI torque converter, CSP meth injection & aux fuel, Aeroforce gauges, MSD wires, race BOV, PCM/TCM tune.
SS2017_MJB is offline   Reply With Quote