Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-06-2020, 07:11 PM   #1
sworn

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Best "Canned" tune for 2019 SS?

Hey guy's, looking to pick up a little more power. What would you recommend for a 2019 SS Auto? May do headers in the future, nothing too extreme. As of right now just have a CAI and exhaust cutouts.

Seems like HP Tuners are popular. Looked at their site and it doesn't mention Model Year 2019.

Additionally, car has only around 600 miles on the odometer. Will probably wait until I hit the 1500 mile mark. Just want to get an idea what direction to go in.

Thanks!
2019 Camaro 1SS. Crush. Mishimoto Catch Can, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Oracle Side Markers, ZL1 Side Skirts, Blade Spoiler W/ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill, Exhaust Cut Outs, BMR Front and Rear Cradle Braces, Cold Air Inductions CAI. ZL1 Rims 285 Fronts and 305's Rear. Speed Inc Tune PCM & TCM.
sworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:19 AM   #2
weatherman71

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
My 19 2SS is tuned by Pray...... runs amazing..... im on a flex fuel tune with a rotofab......speed engineering exhaust.....

Ran 7.3@96 in the 1/8th last night... extremely happy..... He has a facebook

Pray Performance
weatherman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:44 PM   #3
sworn

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman71 View Post
My 19 2SS is tuned by Pray...... runs amazing..... im on a flex fuel tune with a rotofab......speed engineering exhaust.....

Ran 7.3@96 in the 1/8th last night... extremely happy..... He has a facebook

Pray Performance

Sounds good! Very respectable times!
2019 Camaro 1SS. Crush. Mishimoto Catch Can, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Oracle Side Markers, ZL1 Side Skirts, Blade Spoiler W/ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill, Exhaust Cut Outs, BMR Front and Rear Cradle Braces, Cold Air Inductions CAI. ZL1 Rims 285 Fronts and 305's Rear. Speed Inc Tune PCM & TCM.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:40 PM   #4
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
No canned tunes. HP Tuners works with everything obd2. Its the only tuner you should buy for a GM vehicle. dont bother with canned tunes. get a dyno tune if your auto. if you have a stick. a tune wont do anything for you until you put long tube headers on or do E85. i highly recommend E85 if you have it at the pump. You will need a dyno tune or a tune that uses a wide band oxygen sensor to do E85.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 02:43 PM   #5
sworn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
No canned tunes. HP Tuners works with everything obd2. Its the only tuner you should buy for a GM vehicle. dont bother with canned tunes. get a dyno tune if your auto. if you have a stick. a tune wont do anything for you until you put long tube headers on or do E85. i highly recommend E85 if you have it at the pump. You will need a dyno tune or a tune that uses a wide band oxygen sensor to do E85.
After doing a little more research I decided to go with a custom dyno tune.

I'll be dropping the car off at Speed Inc in Schaumburg Illinois the first week of June. They've tuned a bunch of LS cars over the years. They also use HP Tuners.

Going with the ECM and TCM tune as it's an auto. I was told the TCM unlock and tune is good for about two tenths in the quarter mile.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:48 PM   #6
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
have they tuned a bunch of LT cars (2014-19 Corvette 2016-current Camaro) because the LT cars are completely new. The trans tune will be a big improvement. edit i just looked them up. im sure they know the LT platform.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:12 PM   #7
sworn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
have they tuned a bunch of LT cars (2014-19 Corvette 2016-current Camaro) because the LT cars are completely new. The trans tune will be a big improvement. edit i just looked them up. im sure they know the LT platform.
I've been dealing with the guy's at Speed Inc since the 4Th Gens...Definitely confident in their ability to tune.

The first thing they told me was tuning LT1 Cars isn't cheap! LOL!

They said the same thing about the trans. It's going to be a huge improvement.