Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-09-2020, 07:25 PM   #43
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Is my build date on the top left of that build sheet? Looks to me like 04/15/2019. Which would make sense.
Good catch... Mine says 8/16 and I got my VIN on 8/20 so the date at the top must be when it was printed and your car was still in pieces. It takes 3 or 4 days to build.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:17 AM   #44
IntimidatorZ

Drives: 14 Silvy 1500 Z71; 20 Camaro ZLE M6
mlee- VERY cool you got your build sheet signed especially by Al O.! I had met Al very briefly at a car show for Camaros and Firebirds only (mifbody meet and greet near the GM Milford Proving Grounds) and again at the Camaro 6 reveal at Belle Isle in Detroit. Just such a nice, down-to-Earth guy and I felt he really brought the fire and passion and led the Camaro team with that same fire and passion. I was very excited to find my build sheet in the my front passengers seat upon taking delivery of my ordered ZLE! Definitely have that stored away but also trying to decide if I should try to frame it, laminate it, or make a copy of it with the thought of displaying it with my car at car shows. Haven't decided yet. Would hate to lose the original!
IntimidatorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:34 AM   #45
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntimidatorZ View Post
mlee- VERY cool you got your build sheet signed especially by Al O.! I had met Al very briefly at a car show for Camaros and Firebirds only (mifbody meet and greet near the GM Milford Proving Grounds) and again at the Camaro 6 reveal at Belle Isle in Detroit. Just such a nice, down-to-Earth guy and I felt he really brought the fire and passion and led the Camaro team with that same fire and passion. I was very excited to find my build sheet in the my front passengers seat upon taking delivery of my ordered ZLE! Definitely have that stored away but also trying to decide if I should try to frame it, laminate it, or make a copy of it with the thought of displaying it with my car at car shows. Haven't decided yet. Would hate to lose the original!
Al's been a great friend to a lot of the enthusiasts every since Camaro Fest 1 and the only one he's missed was #9. Fingers crossed we have him back this year.

Mike Judge used to sign the 5th GEN Z/28 build sheets in Oshawa and hide them in the cars until he got caught and had to stop. All it takes is one person to complain they didn't get one and it killed it for everyone else.

Belle Isle was a blast... especially the rides in the Z/28 on the track.