Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-12-2019, 07:06 PM   #99
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsOUT View Post
Truth be told my wife is really easy to convince, she told me she doesn’t care what I do as long as it comes with a walk in closet.

Convo goes like this “hey look at this badass car!” Her response “looks cool, when are you picking it up?”
Damn. Haha my wife doesn't have that attitude.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:37 PM   #100
Apexslayer

Drives: Zl1 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Couple of questions out of curiosity...

How did you convince your wife to let you buy a 70k race car?

Is a ZL1 overkill for someone who would drive it MAYBE once a week? This is a car that I would plan to keep for a very long time. I'm not poor by any means but unlike some of you here I can't buy a new 70k car every 2 years lol.

I won't mod it at all, just drive it. ZL 1LE would be a huge waste of money, yes?

For those who don't mod it or track it, was it worth it to you?

I just love ZL1's and it's always been my dream for 7 years now, i'm 33 now. I have a company vehicle so it just seems theres no better time than now to just garage a beautiful sports car. thoughts?
My wife still thinks its "just an old Chevy i got at a good price"... ...I can't let my 10 year old nephew see it or he will spill the beans!
Apexslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:20 PM   #101
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexslayer View Post
My wife still thinks its "just an old Chevy i got at a good price"... ...I can't let my 10 year old nephew see it or he will spill the beans!
Old 03-12-2019, 11:29 PM   #102
Pepsiguru

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Basically new to this forum. On my anniversary day, Feb 26 we went to a local dealership that had a used Dark Grey 2018 ZL1 A10 with 2,300 miles.

Used the wife's good credit to buy it.

Not a romantic way to spend an anniversary but she knew I really wanted it and the lease is up next month on the BMW 550i.
She drives a 2014 Honda Odyssey Elite so we have a family vehicle. Basically wife said "I know you really want this, so just get it"

I still have the BMW sitting outside LOL. (Giving it in next week)

I'll post some pics up as soon as I remember how to do this.
Pepsiguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:23 AM   #103
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
The right question is what car does she want? Get it for her. Get your car. Both can drive the other’s car. Simple.
There is wisdom here.

To be honest, I am still not sure how I got it done. I had a '16 2SS that I wiped out in the rain, so doubling down and convincing her on a car that's MORE expensive, and MORE powerful would seem like a long shot at face value.

But she knows me very well, knows what it means to me. And we both work VERY hard, so here we are.

And she deserves her new car. It's been 8 years now since she had a new one. So later this year, she will have a new MBZ or Audi convertible, in red, like she wants.

And it will live in the driveway.
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:50 AM   #104
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
How do you get the ZL1 of your dreams? Answer: Marry well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiguru View Post
Basically wife said "I know you really want this, so just get it"
Now that's a top notch wife right there!

to the forums.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:14 AM   #105
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
Is it working when it’s your wife trying to convince you?
:-)

Got a fifty in 2016
2017 she said to me :
Dark color is common, ss is common, New camaro has to be flashy and fast like all sport badass car!!! People need to see it, you want to have the best (A10 and extra 200hp)
You have to switch for a red Zl1, I know you, you will regret...
That was early 2017
So
Couldn’t resist :-)
Sold my fifty, bought a red hot A10 Zl1
WoW
She was right
2 years of daily drive ....
We went to race it 2 months ago, she had a lot of fun (Better lap than me :-( on the PDR)
Let me have the 1LE big wing
Now about to let me have the carbon steering wheel...
She is fabulous !
(Car, wife?)
Both!
;-)

Happy wife, happy life!

Even better with a Zl1
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:37 PM   #106
BDivine76

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
So, I talked to the dealership. Basically it went something like, "Oh, we will do the best we can to sell it but you're going to have to pay some money. How much, we won't know for 30-90 days after you trade it in."

So yeah, this isn't happening. I'm not going to jump into a risk like that and then have them send me some multi-thousand dollar bill. I'm going to wait the time I have to wait, save some cash and then choose a new dealership to work with.
Your best way forward is to try to take the time to sell it outright - you will get the most money for the car this way and potentially avoid a loss. That said, I have no idea what your current car is going for used vs. what you owe to get out of it. Best case you come out clean and don't carry any baggage from your previous car into your next car...I've done that before and the only way out is to bite the bullet and pay the car off otherwise you will always be upside down.
BDivine76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:46 PM   #107
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

This turned into a great topic! Haha I did not expect such a large response so quickly and it's impossible to quote everyone! Thanks to everyone that has shared their personal stories, it's been fun to read and I have read every single one.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:51 PM   #108
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit.fr View Post
Is it working when it’s your wife trying to convince you?
:-)

Got a fifty in 2016
2017 she said to me :
Dark color is common, ss is common, New camaro has to be flashy and fast like all sport badass car!!! People need to see it, you want to have the best (A10 and extra 200hp)
You have to switch for a red Zl1, I know you, you will regret...
That was early 2017
So
Couldn’t resist :-)
Sold my fifty, bought a red hot A10 Zl1
WoW
She was right
2 years of daily drive ....
We went to race it 2 months ago, she had a lot of fun (Better lap than me :-( on the PDR)
Let me have the 1LE big wing
Now about to let me have the carbon steering wheel...
She is fabulous !
(Car, wife?)
Both!
;-)

Happy wife, happy life!

Even better with a Zl1
Haha you're a lucky man! I know I've been a little down but my wife is great and she loves me and knows how much I want this! She would never encourage me to spend $65,000 but she would never stop me from certain happiness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post

to the forums.
Agreed, sounds like there quite a few here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Man View Post
There is wisdom here.

To be honest, I am still not sure how I got it done. I had a '16 2SS that I wiped out in the rain, so doubling down and convincing her on a car that's MORE expensive, and MORE powerful would seem like a long shot at face value.

But she knows me very well, knows what it means to me. And we both work VERY hard, so here we are.

And she deserves her new car. It's been 8 years now since she had a new one. So later this year, she will have a new MBZ or Audi convertible, in red, like she wants.

And it will live in the driveway.
That's amazing honestly lol. My wife wonders what I need the car for but she does not know its 650/650. That tidbit I'll save for myself. I'll have to get mine and work on one for her. Her car is still brand new but I guess it isn't fair she drive a Cruze while I drive a ZL1. But that has to happen down the road, I cant afford two cars at once that cost that much.

Quote:
Basically new to this forum. On my anniversary day, Feb 26 we went to a local dealership that had a used Dark Grey 2018 ZL1 A10 with 2,300 miles.

Used the wife's good credit to buy it.

Not a romantic way to spend an anniversary but she knew I really wanted it and the lease is up next month on the BMW 550i.
She drives a 2014 Honda Odyssey Elite so we have a family vehicle. Basically wife said "I know you really want this, so just get it"

I still have the BMW sitting outside LOL. (Giving it in next week)

I'll post some pics up as soon as I remember how to do this.
Yeah show us some pics!! That's awesome and seems to be a common theme here! My wife fought me but once we talked she knows I really want it and it will make me happy so she agreed as long as I'm the one paying for it, it's fine!

Btw I finally say the multi-quote function! Whoops!
Old 03-13-2019, 01:53 PM   #109
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDivine76 View Post
Your best way forward is to try to take the time to sell it outright - you will get the most money for the car this way and potentially avoid a loss. That said, I have no idea what your current car is going for used vs. what you owe to get out of it. Best case you come out clean and don't carry any baggage from your previous car into your next car...I've done that before and the only way out is to bite the bullet and pay the car off otherwise you will always be upside down.
Unfortunately, it's a lease!! So I have zero value with this car! I guess the only way out would be to sell it and hope I could get the residual value, which is $16,180 or something close to that. It only has 11,000 miles right now and I imagine will be under 15k by the time the lease is up so I think I could sell a 2017 RS V6 Camaro with 15,000 miles for more than 16K? That's a decent option actually, thanks for the thought.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:59 PM   #110
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Yeah car is worth 21K-23K private party value right now.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #111
Pepsiguru

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post

to the forums.
Thanx . . . You have no idea how awesome she is
9 years married and only one real argument and I will admit it was my fault.
Pepsiguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:13 PM   #112
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
...only one real argument and I will admit it was my fault.
Smart man.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote