Phastek Performance

Old 11-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #15
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
I want one....
I agree - it is a good looking car with the goods to back up those looks. Ford did a nice job on it.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:23 PM   #16
JAZ

Drives: 86 Mustang GT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
The Mustang GT4 will likely not have the 5.2L Voodoo and will have CPC 5.2L engine, similar to the aftermarket Ford Performance engine they introduced at PRI 2015.
All that has been announced so far with the name 'Mustang GT4' is the track only car for world-wide GT4 racing. It is a 5.2 FPC Voodoo with a six speed paddle shifted manual tranny with a few other goodies from Multimatic and Ford. Definitely the 2017 version of the GT350R-C IMSA Championship winner.

There is no good inside information yet or reasonable rumors about what Ford will offer for the street in the way of a GT350 or GT350R for 2018 and beyond. There is lots of talk about a smaller FPC for something.
JAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #17
JAZ

Quote:
I am not sure why IMSA dropped the Z/28.R from the list late in the season. It was there until around VIR. I can say there was a lot of controversy over the running of the Z/28.R and Chevy... influencing... the rules in order to get a championship before pulling out of CTSCC. Again, this is just wispers.
My understanding was that Chevy got a waver to run the 7.0L in a 5.5L max GS class for 2015. When other teams started to pull out, the Z/28 was allowed to finish 2015 but was then dropped from the eligible list for 2016.

The question now is whether or not Chevy will have a SRO sanctioned GT4 engine for another Z/28.R. It seems almost certain they will not get a waver on a 6.2-7.0L.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:24 PM   #18
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZ View Post
My understanding was that Chevy got a waver to run the 7.0L in a 5.5L max GS class for 2015. When other teams started to pull out, the Z/28 was allowed to finish 2015 but was then dropped from the eligible list for 2016.

The question now is whether or not Chevy will have a SRO sanctioned GT4 engine for another Z/28.R. It seems almost certain they will not get a waver on a 6.2-7.0L.
The Z/28 ran in '14 and '15 so the rules would had to have been changed after the first year of its campaign season and most the teams left the same year that Chevy did.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:46 AM   #19
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
All that has been announced so far with the name 'Mustang GT4' is the track only car for world-wide GT4 racing. It is a 5.2 FPC Voodoo with a six speed paddle shifted manual tranny with a few other goodies from Multimatic and Ford. Definitely the 2017 version of the GT350R-C IMSA Championship winner.

There is no good inside information yet or reasonable rumors about what Ford will offer for the street in the way of a GT350 or GT350R for 2018 and beyond. There is lots of talk about a smaller FPC for something.
Where was this said?
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:20 AM   #20
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
GM has yet to announce that a Z/28 Camaro is even coming, so if they are working ona GT3/GT4 car then you won't know about it until after the Z/28 is announced.

Callaway does the Corvette and has done so for a while now

Z06 GT3

C7 GT3

I don't know if they also built the Camaro GT3 car however there is a Camaro GT3 car that competes in some European racing series (might be more then one).

With GM officially sanctioning the Cadillac ATS VR GT3 car I think it is possible we may see more GT3 spec cars from GM in the future. Though I don't know if they will build a GT3 Corvette as Callaway has that under control already, though I would love to see a Z/28 GT3 car or GT4 car. The cool thing about the GT3 spec is it doesn't cap displacement where as right now IMSA limits displacement for normally aspirated cars in GTLM and P classes to 5.5L (hence the 5.5L engine in the Corvettes). The Callaway GT3 car packs a 6.2L engine and the GT3 specs allow for up to 600BHP with some cars allowed to run a bit over that amount.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #21
JAZ

Quote:
Where was this said?
http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/01/f...sema-official/

http://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-...es-debut-sema/

These folks say FPC, but the picture is getting very foggy now with some people saying that both Ford and Multimatic have stated that it is a CPC.

And there is this from Facebook
Kyle Tantiwong FPC or CPC V8?!?!
Ford Performance Kyle Tantiwong CPC

Last edited by JAZ; 11-03-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:38 AM   #22
Mountain

Quote:
http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/01/f...sema-official/

http://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-...es-debut-sema/

These folks say FPC, but the picture is getting very foggy now with some people saying that both Ford and Multimatic have stated that it is a CPC.

And there is this from Facebook
Kyle Tantiwong FPC or CPC V8?!?!
Ford Performance Kyle Tantiwong CPC

I see nothing official. I am not seeing what you are referring to in the FB links. One guy states "Voodoo" in a reply on FP, but how official is he? Yes, Autoblog outright states it and Road and Track does too. Magazine have been wrong before on technical details.

Until I see otherwise, from something Ford official, my bets on not being Voodoo. I could be wrong
Old 11-03-2016, 12:08 PM   #23
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
I see nothing official. I am not seeing what you are referring to in the FB links. One guy states "Voodoo" in a reply on FP, but how official is he? Yes, Autoblog outright states it and Road and Track does too. Magazine have been wrong before on technical details.

Until I see otherwise, from something Ford official, my bets on not being Voodoo. I could be wrong
Ford Performance, on the Ford Performance FB page, stated it's a CPC on one of their posts about the announcement. Also, the announcement says next generation 5.2L engine. The Voodoo would be current gen would it not?
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #24
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
If they are ditching the FPC, you have to wonder why. Maybe durability is an issue.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:53 PM   #25
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
If they are ditching the FPC, you have to wonder why. Maybe durability is an issue.
Could be rules that are restricting them to a certain redline RPM. I know the IMSA C7.R's run insanely small restrictors and are limited to a certain RPM that is well below the car's capabilities.

If Ford isn't allowed to rev out the Vodoo then its essentially pointless. As many reviews have already stated the Vodoo can be rather gutless until you start to wind it out past 5K.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:45 PM   #26
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Could be rules that are restricting them to a certain redline RPM. I know the IMSA C7.R's run insanely small restrictors and are limited to a certain RPM that is well below the car's capabilities.

If Ford isn't allowed to rev out the Vodoo then its essentially pointless. As many reviews have already stated the Vodoo can be rather gutless until you start to wind it out past 5K.
That makes sense.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:12 PM   #27
JAZ

Multimatic has also confirmed on FB that it is a CPC and a next generation 5.2L, which is assumed on Mustang6G to mean at least Direct Injection.

The FPC is too much for GT4 and the GT350R-C was (is) not eligible for PWC nor FIA GT4. Will it go GT3 or just stay around as a Special Edition Mustang? That would be a crime if it can't race. Ditto for Z/28 with 7.0L.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #28
Mountain

Quote:
Multimatic has also confirmed on FB that it is a CPC and a next generation 5.2L, which is assumed on Mustang6G to mean at least Direct Injection.

The FPC is too much for GT4 and the GT350R-C was (is) not eligible for PWC nor FIA GT4. Will it go GT3 or just stay around as a Special Edition Mustang? That would be a crime if it can't race. Ditto for Z/28 with 7.0L.
From what I understand Ford considered a GT3 type of build on the Mustang and shelved it. Something the GT actually spun out of. I doubt they'll revisit it.

I think the whole FPC thing was just something to do and prove. The other associated engine improvements will continue on, but the FPC will die with the GT350.

The 5.0L Coyote has more there to prove. Ford just needs to dust off their balls and do it. Adding 0.2L is an easy button there. There is more in compression, calibration and heads.