Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

View Poll Results: What should GM get when chrysler falls?
Dodge 7 38.89%
Jeep 13 72.22%
PLYMOUTH!! 2 11.11%
Chrysler 3 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
At this rate .......

Hi guys me again, havent been on in a while lol.

Anyways at this rate I can foresee chrysler falling to shambles so what Company/companies do you thikn GM Will Buy??

I personally think they should just let chrysler rot and bring Dodge/Jeep/ and if GM Was smart Bring back PLYMOUTH!!!!!!

It's multiple choice
Old 02-16-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
Don't forget AMC
JaysonAych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
oddly, I would rather have Ford and Dodge merge than to introduce any more brands to GM's line up. In the US alone there is 8: Chevrolet, Pontiac, Saturn, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Saab, and Hummer. They don't need any more, let alone 4. Ford could make better use of the brands, make Dodge an equivelent to Pontiac; keep Jeep where it is, they've generally done well regardless of owner; either make Chrysler a direct competitor to Buick or kill it; Plymouth, not sure what they could use that brand as, probably leave it where it is now; then keep Ford brand aimed at Chevy, Toyota and so on; leave Lincoln where it is too; and I don't even know what is happening with Mercury. I don't like Ford very much but I'd buy a Ford before a Toyota or Honda. And they are on a bit of a turnaround too.

I don't want Dodge to die, but GM doesn't need them, Ford is in enough trouble as it is, I doubt a German company will touch them, and I don't like the idea of a Japanesse brand buying them. The future looks bleak
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:54 PM   #4
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
+10 to DGthe3
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Yep, DGthe3's got it.
To add a little to what he said; Ford's trying to shrink as it is, already. They aren't going to buy another brand.

GM doesn't NEED anymore brands, they've got enough Kick-a$$ ones as it is...

But just something to chew on - don't be looking for Chrysler to outright fail...you see, it's owned by businessmen. And businessmen don't fail often - read up on some current Chrysler news...it's shocking what Cerebus is allowing to happen, but not altogether unexpected.

Chrysler is shrinking, it will become a small company along the lines of...like a BMW, size-wise, I'm thinking. So I can't see it going anywhere anytime soon - but we aren't going to recognise it when this is all over. I'll promise you that. And even if something did happen...chances are 0 - 0 that GM or Ford buys into them, if they wanted to do that, they'd've done it when Diamler sold in the first place.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Ahh..., Kerkorian will end up buying it, splitting it up into a bunch of little pieces and then sell those. GM will buy the Chrysler name badge and some off-shore investment company will buy Jeep, Dodge and anything still moving.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:10 PM   #7
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I for one am really interested in how Chrysler changes. They are showing signs of pretty radical changes for this industry, and they could create an entirely new image for an American auto company.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:19 PM   #8
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Gm would not buy anypart of Chrysler, they have already stated that when it was up for sale the first time. Plus, don't count Chrysler out just yet...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:42 AM   #9
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
Quote:
Don't forget AMC
in Arpil's hot rod mag. there is an article on some guys who are bring back AMC.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:10 AM   #10
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
Quote:
Originally Posted by swazworth View Post
in Arpil's hot rod mag. there is an article on some guys who are bring back AMC.
I'd heard about that, but I understand it was an April Fool's Joke
JaysonAych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #11
unkbd

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
With the jeep line-up I think that financially it would be in GMs best interest to buy that. The following behind Jeep is very strong.
unkbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #12
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
I'd say Dodge because the GM design team could finally make a Charger that kicks as much ass as a 1970 one

But yeah it's not gonna happen.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:22 PM   #13
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
oddly, I would rather have Ford and Dodge merge than to introduce any more brands to GM's line up. In the US alone there is 8: Chevrolet, Pontiac, Saturn, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Saab, and Hummer. They don't need any more, let alone 4. Ford could make better use of the brands, make Dodge an equivelent to Pontiac; keep Jeep where it is, they've generally done well regardless of owner; either make Chrysler a direct competitor to Buick or kill it; Plymouth, not sure what they could use that brand as, probably leave it where it is now; then keep Ford brand aimed at Chevy, Toyota and so on; leave Lincoln where it is too; and I don't even know what is happening with Mercury. I don't like Ford very much but I'd buy a Ford before a Toyota or Honda. And they are on a bit of a turnaround too.

I don't want Dodge to die, but GM doesn't need them, Ford is in enough trouble as it is, I doubt a German company will touch them, and I don't like the idea of a Japanesse brand buying them. The future looks bleak
Yes sir you have a point! WIth dodge and ford I think could take on Chevy and GMC trucks, and idk why I missed ford *Scratches head* I drive one. but anyways I think if chrysler does go belly up, they should let the chrysler brand go and become Mopar again lol. with plymouth they could have the cuda and the road runner and then get plymouth a truck going or something idk just thought, interesting stuff here