Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-15-2019, 11:07 AM   #141
jerseytaylor

Drives: 2015 Z/28. #935
my wife and I love this car. we work at the same place and will carpool to work together in it.
win win win.
i had a 15 z/28 prior. plan is to get a gray a10 gray zl1
jerseytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:53 AM   #142
BDivine76

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Haha I’m not giving in on that. She doesn’t need an entire walk-in closet. When she runs out of space she will have no choice but to hang stuff she rarely wears in her room.
Trust me...every time you drive the car you will forget all about her closet. Pick your battles... However, she won't forget about your car when it needs new tires, burns a bunch of gas, etc. This gives you a bargaining chip.

Last edited by BDivine76; 03-15-2019 at 01:31 PM.
BDivine76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:01 PM   #143
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDivine76 View Post
Trust me...every time you drive the car you will forget all about her closet. Pick you battles... However, she won't forget about your car when it needs new tires, burns a bunch of gas, etc. This gives you a bargaining chip.
Lol good point.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:58 AM   #144
jbp8653

Drives: 2017 ZL1,2013 ZR1, 1952 C3100 Resto
We both work in the car business and love cars. I have ( or should I say "we" )a 13ZR1,17ZL1,and a 52' Chevy truck with a cammed LS6. I really didn't ask her permission to buy or build any of them. I didn't surprise her with them either. She does botox and hair extensions every 2 months. If you don't think that's hardly the same check out what hair extensions cost. It helps that she is a "car guy" too. These things are not bought at the expense of house hold needed stuff. That would be bad. I am a lucky guy. I have friends with wives that fight them every step of the way when it comes to cars.

2013 ZR1 60th Anniv.

1952 C3100 resto-rod. LS6, 4L60e, 228R cam
jbp8653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #145
Karl Carson
SHRFT

Drives: 2017 2SS vert 50 anniversary
Convince the wife

Promised to develop the basement. Done deal
Old 03-16-2019, 02:41 PM   #146
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbp8653 View Post
We both work in the car business and love cars. I have ( or should I say "we" )a 13ZR1,17ZL1,and a 52' Chevy truck with a cammed LS6. I really didn't ask her permission to buy or build any of them. I didn't surprise her with them either. She does botox and hair extensions every 2 months. If you don't think that's hardly the same check out what hair extensions cost. It helps that she is a "car guy" too. These things are not bought at the expense of house hold needed stuff. That would be bad. I am a lucky guy. I have friends with wives that fight them every step of the way when it comes to cars.
My wife usually just questions my “need” of these items! She doesn’t do anything super expensive besides buy some clothes which is a win I suppose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Carson View Post
Promised to develop the basement. Done deal
Damn that’s all I have to do? I’ve already installed a kitchen backsplash, insulated the entire garage, installed a new kitchen faucet and replaced the water heater and I’ve only lived here for 2 1/2 months. I’ve paid my dues.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:43 PM   #147
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Went back to the dealership today and talked with the manager I spoke to when I purchased. He gave me the same thing, residual value and payments have to be taken care of. I asked what kind of deal I get for being a repeat and now going to spend 60K customer? He assured me they would do anything they can to get me what I want, we’ll see. They’ve got a Hyper blue metallic with a build date of 4/8 on order so I’m going to go check it out when it arrives and see what they have to say. I’ve never driven one and so that will be a good time to get a feel for everything. To be continued...
Old 03-16-2019, 10:20 PM   #148
Liquidstone

Drives: 2018 ZL11LE
Honestly just do what I did. Just Buy it and come home with it! She aint gonna leave you because of it cause that would be rude. Plus now she has a badass hubby with a douch car and deep down she will love it! Plus show her that there is room for a car seat and your golden. Once she she feels the first pull she will want more!
Liquidstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:23 PM   #149
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidstone View Post
Honestly just do what I did. Just Buy it and come home with it! She aint gonna leave you because of it cause that would be rude. Plus now she has a badass hubby with a douch car and deep down she will love it! Plus show her that there is room for a car seat and your golden. Once she she feels the first pull she will want more!
Haha I could never do that because it’s just too much money! But we agreed that she can pick it out, options and colors. I don’t have to worry about a car seat

She’s going to secretly love it and I’m looking forward to that!
Old 03-16-2019, 11:14 PM   #150
Liquidstone

Drives: 2018 ZL11LE
Right on! Sounds like you got it all figured out. Now go got that maro!
Liquidstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:04 AM   #151
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidstone View Post
Right on! Sounds like you got it all figured out. Now go got that maro!
Yeah, we have an understanding! I need to get off the internet though because I may get myself killed lol. There's a blue metallic 2018 2SS for 39K with all the rebates, that's a RIDICULOUS price. It's basically a ZL1 without the supercharger. There's 2 in Colorado, white and blue. Neither have mag ride, recaro seats or the 9 speaker Bose. The white one has NPP while the blue one doesn't. I want the ZL1 so f'ing badly but damn man 39K??? I keep questioning if I need that much power to go buy groceries. lol

I really wanted the mag ride but damn, damn damn. I'm so impatient.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:29 AM   #152
BDivine76

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Yeah, we have an understanding! I need to get off the internet though because I may get myself killed lol. There's a blue metallic 2018 2SS for 39K with all the rebates, that's a RIDICULOUS price. It's basically a ZL1 without the supercharger. There's 2 in Colorado, white and blue. Neither have mag ride, recaro seats or the 9 speaker Bose. The white one has NPP while the blue one doesn't. I want the ZL1 so f'ing badly but damn man 39K??? I keep questioning if I need that much power to go buy groceries. lol

I really wanted the mag ride but damn, damn damn. I'm so impatient.
Don't do it! For a SS 1LE maybe.... you need the mag ride and eLSD. The Supercharger helps a bit too. I briefly thought about a Grand Sport, but after driving it I couldn't get over the fact that the car felt sluggish. On paper the GS and ZL1 have very close acceleration numbers, but the feel is completely different. My past few cars have all been forced induction and it's tough to go back.
BDivine76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:41 AM   #153
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDivine76 View Post
Don't do it! For a SS 1LE maybe.... you need the mag ride and eLSD. The Supercharger helps a bit too. I briefly thought about a Grand Sport, but after driving it I couldn't get over the fact that the car felt sluggish. On paper the GS and ZL1 have very close acceleration numbers, but the feel is completely different. My past few cars have all been forced induction and it's tough to go back.

Yeah I haven’t seen one with mag ride, Becky has a blue one too with NPP and the Bose but no mag ride. Damn. None of my cars have been forced induction, my past 2 Camaros are the fastest and they’re V6’s. I’m just getting that 😳😳 feeling about 65K financed haha. I don’t want the 1LE though because I won’t track it. It’s hard to get over the 2018’s though because I love the style and the 2019 is so god awful. If I can’t snag a ZL1 who knows if they’ll screw that up too. I can’t now with the lease, it will make the payments an obscene amount of money unless there is a 2018 somewhere in America. The dealership didn’t even look, he just mentioned 2019’s. Talking to my wife she agrees but she’s alluding she’s expecting me to do this in a few years. I think she was under the impression there’s no way I could make it work right now anyways. I would hate to wait and the new ones look like the 2019 SS’s and by than I’m stuck trying to buy a car that’s 2-3 years old that someone drove the hell out of and turned in.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:42 AM   #154
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Listen to me. I did this once back when I bought my 1988 Iroc-Z. It was a used car but still not cheap and in immaculate condition.
I had to have it for sentimental reasons.
I brought it home. She basically started giving me shit. I can’t remember what she said. I backed her up till she was at the front fender. I literally starting kissing her then banged the living hell out of her on the hood.
Guess what. Not a single word of negativity about the purchase ever again. And she always loved going cruising in it.
Sometimes she would do full washes inside and out on it without me asking.
And she couldn’t drive it as she didn’t know how to drive manual.
I tried to get her to try driving it and she never ever wanted to.
But she certainly loved that car after that first conversation.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote