Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 06-01-2016, 01:46 PM   #15
Lucely Engineered

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboynamedsue View Post
I think we are both looking for a video of the x pipe into the stock NPP muffler (I am). Unless I missed something, at no time in the video is this sound clip present.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:28 PM   #16
Lisa@Borla

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboynamedsue View Post
I think we are both looking for a video of the x pipe into the stock NPP muffler (I am). Unless I missed something, at no time in the video is this sound clip present.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
I can't wait to hear a sound clip with these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucely Engineered View Post
Oh, my apologies guys! We did not shoot a video of the x-pipes with stock NPP mufflers.
Lisa@Borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:50 PM   #17
Pckrfan795

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey ZL1M6
Why can i find a c7 xpipe for sub -500 but these are 700 +?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2016, 03:27 PM   #18
Aboynamedsue

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa@Borla View Post
Oh, my apologies guys! We did not shoot a video of the x-pipes with stock NPP mufflers.
No problem. Hoping a forum member will post at some point. Thanks!
Aboynamedsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:55 PM   #19
Lisa@Borla

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pckrfan795 View Post
Why can i find a c7 xpipe for sub -500 but these are 700 +?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
This is because the C7 Corvette x-pipe is just an x-pipe by itself, while the 2016 Camaro x-pipe comes with mid-pipes and therefore has more parts. Please see the attached images below that clearly compare the amount of parts/material (pipes and clamps) that come with each of the following part numbers.
Attached Images

Lisa@Borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:12 PM   #20
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Owned

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:54 PM   #21
AbsolutHank

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 M6
Just looking for some clarification. It clearly states in the instructions that these X pipes are not designed to work with the factory NPP system, I assume because of the different pipe diameters?

So, unless I'm missing something, are we still not looking at a proper X pipe option for NPP cars?
2013 Dodge Viper #44/150 Launch Edition IG:@absoluthank
20/21 BC Forged Wheels : BC Coilovers: TA Aero
AbsolutHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:28 PM   #22
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
What makes some of these not "legal"?

And what is the benefit of doing this? (pipes)
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:13 PM   #23
mjgocamaro_girl

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS mosaic black
Maybe I am missing something I am interested in the axle back for NPP with valves only no catback. Would love to see/hear video on each of the 4 modes. Is this available? The video I saw was the touring, s-type & ATAK on what seemed to be track mode and this was the catback as I understood. Thanks for any clarification.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:31 PM   #24
mjgocamaro_girl

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS mosaic black
I may be wrong but I am thinking part 11925 for $1792 is the axle back with valves. What I would like to see & hear is video of just the axle back with valves on each of the 4 modes.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:15 AM   #25
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgocamaro_girl View Post
I may be wrong but I am thinking part 11925 for $1792 is the axle back with valves. What I would like to see & hear is video of just the axle back with valves on each of the 4 modes.
Touring Axle back...S-Type Axle back or Atak Axle back? ,)
It getting confusing...

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:09 AM   #26
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa@Borla View Post
This is because the C7 Corvette x-pipe is just an x-pipe by itself, while the 2016 Camaro x-pipe comes with mid-pipes and therefore has more parts. Please see the attached images below that clearly compare the amount of parts/material (pipes and clamps) that come with each of the following part numbers.
You beat me to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
What makes some of these not "legal"?

And what is the benefit of doing this? (pipes)
Secondary cats are deleted thus will most likely fail the emissions testing that involves smog check, ecu plug in etc... a bit more than just visual and even visual ones it will fail because no cats thus illegal. No cats = "off road" only on states that do have strict emissions like Cali. Can't even buy an intake if you are in Cali if it doesn't have CARB certification or catless headers... Of course there are many ways around that but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Touring Axle back...S-Type Axle back or Atak Axle back? ,)
It getting confusing...
Pretty sure the video they posted (20 min+ one) has all the comparison you will need. Another thing, the video's really never ever do justice to the actual product because no one uses extremely high tech recording videos... So it is best that you hear it in person before making any decisions in buying them really. I've bought many exhaust systems on different cars and ended up replacing them quite often... Now that there is NPP, I won't be bothering with any axle backs but if I were, I would definitely want to hear them in person before I buy anything. For the xpipe, I won't need to hear in person because I already have my secondary cats cut out and I can tell the borla Xpipe, xpipe section is narrower than the oem xpipe so it will sound just a little more and deeper than my current setup which is exactly what I want.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:18 AM   #27
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post

Pretty sure the video they posted (20 min+ one) has all the comparison you will need. Another thing, the video's really never ever do justice to the actual product because no one uses extremely high tech recording videos... So it is best that you hear it in person before making any decisions in buying them really. I've bought many exhaust systems on different cars and ended up replacing them quite often... Now that there is NPP, I won't be bothering with any axle backs but if I were, I would definitely want to hear them in person before I buy anything. For the xpipe, I won't need to hear in person because I already have my secondary cats cut out and I can tell the borla Xpipe, xpipe section is narrower than the oem xpipe so it will sound just a little more and deeper than my current setup which is exactly what I want.
so true. sometimes you just need to dare to try something new. I had seen many exhaust clips over years by different brands, and I've realized you will never get the same experience from a video or sound clip. Even with high tech recording devices, your speakers or headphones still wont be able to simulate the experience exactly.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:45 PM   #28
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
so true. sometimes you just need to dare to try something new. I had seen many exhaust clips over years by different brands, and I've realized you will never get the same experience from a video or sound clip. Even with high tech recording devices, your speakers or headphones still wont be able to simulate the experience exactly.
AGREED!!! I've replaced many (5 to be exact) full exhaust systems on 2 vehicles mainly because I decided to do my "research" via youtube... Companies and people posting but it never ever does justice to hearing them in person and riding/driving that car. It is always worth waiting for others to get it so you can experience it first hand before you buy it! Which isn't hard to do due to massive amounts of camaro's out there with massive amounts of camaro clubs. Someone, will buy an exhaust you are interested in lol.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, borla, borla exhaust, borla performance industries, exhaust system