Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-25-2014, 08:38 AM   #169
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
The early 2nd Gens especially with the split bumper are gorgeous. If they mimicked those I would be less than upset. The late ones mid 70's on were less than pretty to me.

I figure it will be a continuation of the 5th gen. It just makes too much sense.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #170
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
In my opinion, what Chevy needs to focus most on the next Camaro is:
1) Weight - The 5th gen is way too heavy and that hurts performance and fuel efficiency.
2) Performance - With the LT1 producing significantly more torque and a good bit more power than the Coyote, there is no reason the 6th gen V8 shouldn't run away from the GT. The 1LE is around because they made the base SS handle so poorly. The next gen SS should not be so cushy and soft. Even my mom said she would buy a 1LE over an SS because the SS was that bad.
3) Quality - It seems like the 5th gen is holding up well. Keep that up with the 6th gen.

I know people want all sorts of technology packed into their car but that adds weight, cost and complexity. That also leaves out people who want a muscle car, not an ATS with a Chevy badge on it. I don't need standard 24 way adjustable power seats that warm and massage my ass. I can't remember the last time I moved my seat and if I do, it takes 10 seconds to get it back in the right spot. I have navigation on my iPhone, so leave out the expensive nav system. I have a phone with music so I don't need Pandora in my car.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:51 PM   #171
edco
Account Suspended

Drives: 07gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
1) Weight - The 5th gen is way too heavy and that hurts performance and fuel efficiency.
2) Performance - With the LT1 producing significantly more torque and a good bit more power than the Coyote, there is no reason the 6th gen V8 shouldn't run away from the GT. The 1LE is around because they made the base SS handle so poorly. The next gen SS should not be so cushy and soft. Even my mom said she would buy a 1LE over an SS because the SS was that bad.
3) Quality - It seems like the 5th gen is holding up well. Keep that up with the 6th gen.

I know people want all sorts of technology packed into their car but that adds weight, cost and complexity. That also leaves out people who want a muscle car, not an ATS with a Chevy badge on it. I don't need standard 24 way adjustable power seats that warm and massage my ass. I can't remember the last time I moved my seat and if I do, it takes 10 seconds to get it back in the right spot. I have navigation on my iPhone, so leave out the expensive nav system. I have a phone with music so I don't need Pandora in my car.
Good comments and I like what you wrote. Now you are a real muscle car driver defining the differences between 1LE and SS. I have often thought that Camaro & Challenger are in somewhat a different class than mustang because they ride and drive just the way you describe-soft-cushy. I have always written that camaro Gen 5 is a better riding car than mustang, but I don't want my mustang to ride that way.

I pulled the leather airbag equipped four motor inflatable lumbar, tilt fwd/aft micro-adjust, recline-back seat out of my stang for an 18 degree fixed back SCAT drifter seat on a manual ratchet rack. One it cut 50# off the car. Two in aggressive driving no cushy seat cuts it. I do not want TFT DVD screens, telephones, GPS, talking-dashboards, teak wood, jade, gold, polished ivory or any of that bling in a muscle car. I do like classic rock so I want a driving stereo. Now that is what a muscle car is. I hope Chevy gives you what you want.

Last edited by edco; 03-28-2014 at 04:19 PM.
edco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:21 PM   #172
Cotto

Drives: fast
Quote:

Well, thats just you.Sorry,but you sound very boring.It seems that u need a tin.

As for me,Im 27 years old and yes, I want a fast car with a nice world class interior.Navigation,power seats and so on.I want them all.It should not be as cheap as it is now. Thanks God, the GM won't listen to you.
Cotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:47 PM   #173
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotto View Post
Well, thats just you.Sorry,but you sound very boring.It seems that u need a tin.

As for me,Im 27 years old and yes, I want a fast car with a nice world class interior.Navigation,power seats and so on.I want them all.It should not be as cheap as it is now. Thanks God, the GM won't listen to you.
Well that's your opinion and why the Camaro is too damn heavy.

You want a luxury coupe. I want a Camaro.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:30 AM   #174
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
24 way seats aren't standard.

As for heated seats and a large display that is the new cost if entry. NAV adds very little weight and also not standard.

Those wanting a stripper Cari will likely be taken care of.

Those of us wanting a great Chevrolet as good as anything out there should be too. And that's the only point.

The car should and can accommodate both sets of customers.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:42 AM   #175
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:

I should note, that if the Camaro didn't have the techy tid bits that you're saying it shouldn't have, I would not have purchased one. I would not have even looked at it as an option. And I bet I'm not the only one. They have got to at least have the option to add the technology IMO. Only thing I wish my car had was a more modern interior instead of this retro design.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #176
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I should note, that if the Camaro didn't have the techy tid bits that you're saying it shouldn't have, I would not have purchased one. I would not have even looked at it as an option. And I bet I'm not the only one. They have got to at least have the option to add the technology IMO. Only thing I wish my car had was a more modern interior instead of this retro design.
I agree about the techy things....the HUD is one of my favorite parts of the car !
Old 04-05-2014, 12:30 PM   #177
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageLS View Post
Oh man oh man oh man. Better start saving for a down payment!
My current Camaro is my downpayment on the new one!

SS, A8, Procharger, M&T's and stuff...
attymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:54 AM   #178
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Keep in mind that the base ATS does NOT have the following:

NAV
CUE
Leather Seats
Fold Down Rear Seat
Adaptive Cruise
Lane Departure Warning
Sun Roof
18" Wheels (17s are base)
8 way power seats with cushion tilt

Yes you can get those things and more with the right package, but the base ATS is actually pretty base.

I want a Camaro that makes me not want an RS5 (AWD not withstanding). Doesn't need to be a luxury car. Does need to be a great car.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #179
Bhobbs

You want a Camaro that you cross shop with a $69k Audi?
Old 04-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #180
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Some of the comments in here seem to be completely ignoring the fact that in order for this car to survive as Camaro should...it CANNOT be strictly a performance car.

There must be a "low power" base model, it must be relatively comfortable, yet sporty (see: base SS handles "horribly") because that's what 90%+ of people want...

How to balance the diverse needs the brand must satisfy while still appealing to the enthusiasts? Honestly - I think the team has done as astounding job doing just that with the 5th generation. I'm glad most of the same people are working on this new one.

Keep the faith!
Old 04-06-2014, 05:54 PM   #181
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
You want a Camaro that you cross shop with a $69k Audi?
Absolutely. You assume I'm cross shopping price. I'd be cross shopping performance. Audi has wonderful interiors but GM is getting closer across the board. And I would give up the Audi refinement and Quattro to have a Chevy that was wel balanced in performance and features. And yes I am simply hoping a NG Camaro can be that good.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #182
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Absolutely. You assume I'm cross shopping price. I'd be cross shopping performance. Audi has wonderful interiors but GM is getting closer across the board. And I would give up the Audi refinement and Quattro to have a Chevy that was wel balanced in performance and features. And yes I am simply hoping a NG Camaro can be that good.
Unless Audi is absolutely over pricing their cars, I don't see how a next gen Camaro could come close in build quality, interior design, material quality, performance and style and not be in the same price range. That puts the Camaro, at least V8 powered trim levels, in the ball park of the Corvette.

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation