Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-20-2015, 09:49 AM   #15
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySideUpII View Post
Since the damage was caused by the dealer, I'm pushing them to replace the entire piece for me. I'm not gonna pay dollars for someone else's mistake.

I'll look up this product called Bumper Restore.

Thanks.
Take a quality heat gun and be careful it will remove the gray as the fibers melt down..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 04:58 AM   #16
SunnySideUpII

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Bright Yellow
Alright, this had to be escalated to GM level as the dealer was refusing to replace the piece. A day after I emailed GM, dealer called me saying they have decided to replace it for me. LOL.

Does anyone have any information on how easy it is to remove the front splitter on a ZL1? Any documentation or video would be great. Searched for it, but couldnt find anything.

I want to know if the entire bumper cover needs to be out first, or can they extract the splitter without removing other parts?

I'll be supervising the job just to make sure they dont scratch other stuff while replacing the splitter!
SunnySideUpII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:03 AM   #17
Team250

Drives: Camaro ZL1
This is why dealers can be difficult. I wouldn't enjoy having you as a customer. That service that was done now cost them money. Having you as a customer, costs them money. Red flagged in the system and would never get any form of a helping hand or discounted prices. Straight up MSRP on EVERYTHING from here on out.....if you were at my dealership....

Its a SMALL scratch on a piece of plastic that isn't even painted, that regularly gets scratched with NORMAL driving. Not only that...you "BELIEVED" it happened at the dealer. It could have happened on your way there or when you parked anywhere along the way.

The best way to maintain dealer relations is to compromise. BOTH parties. Go in and say the scratch wasn't there, any way you can try to repair it? The dealer would bring it down to the detail bay and spend 20 mins on it. Fixed without a doubt. It also grows the respect between customer and dealer. You, will have restored faith in the dealer, being that they fixed your problem. They also aren't out money and they have kept a customer happy. Win-win

With your route, you now have a dealer that doesn't want to deal with you (no matter what you think). You aren't overly impressed due to them not wanting to replace a part until forced to do so. "Supervising" them while they fix your car is ludicrous. You wouldn't get pass the service counter, here. Different story if you were a good dude.

Lose, lose.

How do I know? I run a dealership. Its all about mutual respect. We go the EXTRA mile for those that treat us fairly. We don't do ANYTHING extra (just a customer) to those that don't. Its simple. It also works. Come in yelling or demanding or threatening to go to the "higher-ups", want to supervise our work....doesn't help your case.

In fact, I would personally hand you the part and tell you that "just down the street is another dealer willing to help you, from here on out"

Nice car, though.
Team250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #18
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team250 View Post
This is why dealers can be difficult. I wouldn't enjoy having you as a customer. That service that was done now cost them money. Having you as a customer, costs them money. Red flagged in the system and would never get any form of a helping hand or discounted prices. Straight up MSRP on EVERYTHING from here on out.....if you were at my dealership....

Its a SMALL scratch on a piece of plastic that isn't even painted, that regularly gets scratched with NORMAL driving. Not only that...you "BELIEVED" it happened at the dealer. It could have happened on your way there or when you parked anywhere along the way.

The best way to maintain dealer relations is to compromise. BOTH parties. Go in and say the scratch wasn't there, any way you can try to repair it? The dealer would bring it down to the detail bay and spend 20 mins on it. Fixed without a doubt. It also grows the respect between customer and dealer. You, will have restored faith in the dealer, being that they fixed your problem. They also aren't out money and they have kept a customer happy. Win-win

With your route, you now have a dealer that doesn't want to deal with you (no matter what you think). You aren't overly impressed due to them not wanting to replace a part until forced to do so. "Supervising" them while they fix your car is ludicrous. You wouldn't get pass the service counter, here. Different story if you were a good dude.

Lose, lose.

How do I know? I run a dealership. Its all about mutual respect. We go the EXTRA mile for those that treat us fairly. We don't do ANYTHING extra (just a customer) to those that don't. Its simple. It also works. Come in yelling or demanding or threatening to go to the "higher-ups", want to supervise our work....doesn't help your case.

In fact, I would personally hand you the part and tell you that "just down the street is another dealer willing to help you, from here on out"

Nice car, though.

Wow, wtf? Please tell me where your dealership is so I NEVER come anywhere near that crap...

Compromise? On damage that the monkeys that work for you did?!?! On a 60k car?!?!?!?!?!?! What in the hell? You have to be joking...

I don't want to build relationships with my local dealership, I don't want to be their friend, I want my car treated with CARE and RESPECT not tossed around like it is nothing because they don't give a crap. This is the most idiotic post I have ever seen in my life, you sir are exactly what gives dealerships a bad name. I wish people like you didn't exist in the automotive world because it would be a MUCH MUCH MUCH better place without the garbage you just spoke.

I can tell by the way you speak that you are the kind of idiot who seriously believes that people that don't want their cars scratched or marked up should specifically TELL you that before work is done instead of just assuming it.

A car is a HUGE investment to anyone who has one, let alone when it is a 60k or higher priced car. People treat these things like their baby because they want it to remain looking pristine. When you have idiot dealership mechanics who operate on the crap morals you have then we can't have nice things anymore, can we? Come on now... Please tell me this post was a joke... If it seriously isn't I need to know where you are at so I can blacklist the crap out of that "stealership."
jayno20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:42 AM   #19
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:

Lose, lose.

Nice car, though.
This has to be a joke, right? Right?
Old 08-29-2015, 04:22 PM   #20
Team250

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayno20 View Post
Wow, wtf? Please tell me where your dealership is so I NEVER come anywhere near that crap...

Compromise? On damage that the monkeys that work for you did?!?! On a 60k car?!?!?!?!?!?! What in the hell? You have to be joking...

I don't want to build relationships with my local dealership, I don't want to be their friend, I want my car treated with CARE and RESPECT not tossed around like it is nothing because they don't give a crap. This is the most idiotic post I have ever seen in my life, you sir are exactly what gives dealerships a bad name. I wish people like you didn't exist in the automotive world because it would be a MUCH MUCH MUCH better place without the garbage you just spoke.

I can tell by the way you speak that you are the kind of idiot who seriously believes that people that don't want their cars scratched or marked up should specifically TELL you that before work is done instead of just assuming it.

A car is a HUGE investment to anyone who has one, let alone when it is a 60k or higher priced car. People treat these things like their baby because they want it to remain looking pristine. When you have idiot dealership mechanics who operate on the crap morals you have then we can't have nice things anymore, can we? Come on now... Please tell me this post was a joke... If it seriously isn't I need to know where you are at so I can blacklist the crap out of that "stealership."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
This has to be a joke, right? Right?
I will refrain from the name calling. Do either of you own a business? I am assuming not. Let's break this down to avoid confusion and "reading" what you want as opposed to what is laid out in front of you.

From the OP's posts:

-OP notice a small scratch on his vehicle (no matter where)
-OP is UNSURE of when and where it happened but SUSPECTED it to be done by a "monkey" (I will use YOUR interpretation or a technician).
-the OP INSISTED that the part be replaced.
-dealer declined (as would MOST)
-OP then wrote to the manufacturer to have part replaced.

Now, we only have one side of the story. Customer is always right. I am going to go out on a limb and say that they offered to "buff" or fix it WITHOUT replacing said part.
I am going to assume that this was not satisfactory and OP wanted it replaced.

This is how WE deal with situations like this.

#1) Upset customer walks in. Distraught, making demands.

-we listen, evaluate the situation, try to come to a fair resolution. This being, fix to MANUFACTURERS specs.

#2) Upset customer walks in. Visibly upset, raised voice, name calling, etc. BANNED. Plain and simple.

#3) Upset customer walks in. Distraught but level headed. ASKS what transpired and ASKS if we can look into the issue, promptly. Not an issue. We then make a spot THAT DAY if not IMMEDIATELY and resolve the issue to CUSTOMERS standards.

Its called BUSINESS. Respect is a two way street. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise? But we are in the generation of I WANT RIGHT NOW. Entitlement comes to mind.

You show, you receive. Simple.

As for the supervision of repairs. If any of you agree with him "supervising" a repair at a dealership as normal or acceptable, then I ask this....

Do you like YOUR supervisor standing over YOUR shoulder while YOU work?

The dealer I run is successful, has been for over 30 years. Plenty of car dealerships in our area and plenty have come and go. We must be doing something right. But alas, this is the internet. You know more than I, about running a dealership.

BTW. I OWN a ZL1. I do not work for a GM dealer. I would NEVER demand that piece to be replaced in the condition it was in in the photo. I would have asked that the dealer look into fixing it for me. Knowing that I wasn't POSITIVE that the "monkeys" at the dealership had done it.

But, I am not a whiny, person. I have been on both ends of the dealership.

Have YOU?

I will not retort. Gonna go rip some shinnies in the Z!

Team250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:54 PM   #21
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Quote:
I will refrain from the name calling. Do either of you own a business? I am assuming not. Let's break this down to avoid confusion and "reading" what you want as opposed to what is laid out in front of you.

From the OP's posts:

-OP notice a small scratch on his vehicle (no matter where)
-OP is UNSURE of when and where it happened but SUSPECTED it to be done by a "monkey" (I will use YOUR interpretation or a technician).
-the OP INSISTED that the part be replaced.
-dealer declined (as would MOST)
-OP then wrote to the manufacturer to have part replaced.

Now, we only have one side of the story. Customer is always right. I am going to go out on a limb and say that they offered to "buff" or fix it WITHOUT replacing said part.
I am going to assume that this was not satisfactory and OP wanted it replaced.

This is how WE deal with situations like this.

#1) Upset customer walks in. Distraught, making demands.

-we listen, evaluate the situation, try to come to a fair resolution. This being, fix to MANUFACTURERS specs.

#2) Upset customer walks in. Visibly upset, raised voice, name calling, etc. BANNED. Plain and simple.

#3) Upset customer walks in. Distraught but level headed. ASKS what transpired and ASKS if we can look into the issue, promptly. Not an issue. We then make a spot THAT DAY if not IMMEDIATELY and resolve the issue to CUSTOMERS standards.

Its called BUSINESS. Respect is a two way street. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise? But we are in the generation of I WANT RIGHT NOW. Entitlement comes to mind.

You show, you receive. Simple.

As for the supervision of repairs. If any of you agree with him "supervising" a repair at a dealership as normal or acceptable, then I ask this....

Do you like YOUR supervisor standing over YOUR shoulder while YOU work?

The dealer I run is successful, has been for over 30 years. Plenty of car dealerships in our area and plenty have come and go. We must be doing something right. But alas, this is the internet. You know more than I, about running a dealership.

BTW. I OWN a ZL1. I do not work for a GM dealer. I would NEVER demand that piece to be replaced in the condition it was in in the photo. I would have asked that the dealer look into fixing it for me. Knowing that I wasn't POSITIVE that the "monkeys" at the dealership had done it.

But, I am not a whiny, person. I have been on both ends of the dealership.

Have YOU?

I will not retort. Gonna go rip some shinnies in the Z!

I'm sorry but this is just ridiculous.. I can't even fathom that someone thinks like you whether they run a business or not. Like I said whatever business you run I want no part of. Sorry, but you are wrong. Enjoy ripping your shinnies......
Old 08-30-2015, 12:59 AM   #22
SunnySideUpII

Quote:

Lose, lose.

Nice car, though.

Interesting. Yeah with that kind of approach, you would literally hate my guts let alone not enjoying dealing with me.

Not trying to create a back and forth argument, but just clarifying a few things:

1-First off, I don't know how you guys do it over there, but here when you are leaving your car to the service, you check all around the car with a service advisor and record any damages, scratches, etc. (Just like you would when renting a car). When you take your car back, you do the same. I also mentioned that the dealer accepted the error was from their end. Since there is no dispute here, it is not my belief, it is a fact that the scratch happened at the service center. How? God knows...

2- Cost occured due to internal error is a part of the risk a business owner takes.

3- I really do not give a tiny rats ass about whether I am being red flaged or blacklisted, they can flag me all they want for chasing my rights.

4- During the entire process I kept my calm, never disrespected anyone I talked to, never "yelled", "threatened" or demanded unreasonably. So trust me, they do not see me as an asshole, but someone who is persistent and someone who doesn't give up before taking what's his.

5- I'm aware that the area where they carry out the work is for authroized personel only. However in exceptional cases like this I know how to negotiate my way through. If they say no, so be it. I will inspect the shit out of that job once the car is out anyways.

6- "Compromise"? Car is dropped at the dealer with an untouched/undamaged part. Why should I compromise and accept a mediocre solution and end up with an altered/repaired/imperfect part? Thats not gonna happen. Your ideal customer profile would compromise, but not me. Thats why you hate me I know.

7- The word "threatening" is again overkill. In fact, the sales guy who sold me the car opened my eyes and showed me the warranty booklet of GM, where you can see there is a section called "Two-Step Satisfaction Procedure" (or something like that). For those who are not aware of this, basically as a first step when you have an issue, you communicate with the dealer and contact their management if needed. If no resolution is satisfactory enough for you, you can go to step 2 which is contacting GM Customer Support. So please someone explain to me, how is reiterating what is already on the warranty booklet (which the dealer gave me) back to the dealer "Threatening" them? They just don't like the idea, hence "feel" threatened...

8- Why on earth did GM honor my request without even needing to discuss the issue with me? That says a lot about what's fair/unfair.

9- Finally, referring to your last statement (Not the "good car" one, the one before that), here you cannot get away with things like that. You can't simply create a 4 inch scratch on a customer's car and tell them to go elsewhere just because they are too demanding for your taste.

Last edited by SunnySideUpII; 08-30-2015 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:02 AM   #23
SunnySideUpII

Oh and I urge everyone to use the "Two-Step Satisfaction" process if needed, as it proved to be effective in my case. If you get stuck at a dealer level, you are likely to get a resolution at GM Level. Just make sure you don't threaten anyone!
Old 08-30-2015, 12:13 PM   #24
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySideUpII View Post
Oh and I urge everyone to use the "Two-Step Satisfaction" process if needed, as it proved to be effective in my case. If you get stuck at a dealer level, you are likely to get a resolution at GM Level. Just make sure you don't threaten anyone!
Dealers are notoriously ridiculous and this guy that posted this garbage on here is exactly why they are. This is the most childish insanity I have ever seen and I hope no one listens to this crap. I absolutely hate dealing with people like him and I know every other car owner does as well. I'll go to the opposite ends of the world to avoid a "business" like his...

I was hoping his comment was a joke because as far as I am concerned that's exactly what it is.

Tags
scratch, splitter