Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 07-03-2017, 03:07 PM   #1
Gutling

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 LT
2017 2.0 A8 trans issues

So have about 23xx miles on the car. 2.0/a8. Every now and then coming up to a stop or slowing down, the rpms drop low and the car shudders, like a manual too low rpm. Maybe 3-4 times since owning it.

Today I was driving in town, come to a stop light and it did it again. I thought nothing of it, but when the light turned green I pressed the gas and nothing happened. Like I was in neutral, or slipping. I let off and pressed it again, and the car shuddered and check engine light came on. Then the car started moving, but stayed in 1st gear. I got back to work (the light was literally half a block from my work) and parked it and called the dealership, because the holiday wed morning is when they want it dropped off.

I have not started it/tried driving it again, so I have no idea if it "fixed" itself or if I only have first gear again. They told me if it doesn't move or can't get it there to call roadside assistance (the dealership is about 20 miles away).

Any guesses or similar situations? I never manually shift it, I have only used sport once or twice I just cruise in D and touring.
Gutling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #2
Gutling

Well got to dealership this morning and they took a look at it. Was code for low pressure, and they had a tsb about reprogramming the TCM. So far so good, but only driven it 20ish miles. It will take a few days before I see if it does the low idle or not moving again, but they said they had seen a few similar situations and the update fixed them.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:48 PM   #3
Electric84

Drives: 2017 RS Turbo Hyper Blue
I had this same exact issue, after it sat over night I started it up and it drove just fine to work. Then yesterday I get close to my house and the check engine light comes on and the code is for a faulty knock sensor. So I'm taking it in the AM to the dealership to have it checked. I hope it's just a TCM update as well car has just over 4k miles on it.
Electric84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:16 PM   #4
Electric84

Drives: 2017 RS Turbo Hyper Blue
wanted to put a quick update. I took my car into the dealership and of course they cant replicate the issue. But there was a TSB for the TCM. So they flashed it and it has been fine ever since.
Electric84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:10 PM   #5
Kamaro223
Kamaro223

Drives: 2016 RS/LT Camaros
Do you know what TSB it was?
Old 10-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #6
Gutling

I dont, I have checked my paperwork but it was just generic "Customer complaint = repgrogram" no kind of TSB on it.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:43 PM   #7
BayareaSaver

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I had the same program with my 2.0. The dealer just reprogram it while I got my last free oil change there. I thought my tranny blew because it wouldn't shift gears.
BayareaSaver is offline   Reply With Quote