Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 05-19-2017, 12:22 PM   #29
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
Walmart sells the ACdelco filter too but the filter is less important as long as it's quality. You can buy a Napa Gold which essentially is a Wix filter while you are at Napa

Unless the manual requires you to use an ACdelco filter than you should use one.

Edit: NVM Walmart doesn't carry it in store, prob will have to visit dealer
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:51 PM   #30
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
You really want to chance it by running a non AC delco filter? Guess what the first comment will be if the worst happens and the car comes to the dealer on a roll back with a blown engine! "This engine wasn't serviced according to the manual"

You really think they won't try to weasel out of warranty replacing an engine, claiming a non OEM filter was used? BTW the dealer likely won't be able to tell if you ran the track oil other than your word, but a non OEM oil filter can't be hidden.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:55 PM   #31
thescreensavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
You really want to chance it by running a non AC delco filter? Guess what the first comment will be if the worst happens and the car comes to the dealer on a roll back with a blown engine! "This engine wasn't serviced according to the manual"

You really think they won't try to weasel out of warranty replacing an engine, claiming a non OEM filter was used? BTW the dealer likely won't be able to tell if you ran the track oil other than your word, but a non OEM oil filter can't be hidden.
I mean it really shouldn't be an issue unless the manual specifically mentions the AC declo filter as required as it does with the oil type.

They can send the oil out to get tested to see if it's a dexos2 oil relatively easily thought obv not as easy as spotting a different filter.

I do not have my High perf supplement with me so I don't know what it says about the filter and I've mentioned it already if it says ACdelco filter is required then it's required.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:41 PM   #32
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Siggghhghhhhhhh. To all this
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #33
formoutofchaos

Well had a great day at CMP just gonna do one day only casualty was a mustang spun out and kicked rocks up and cracked my windshield ..... is the dealer the best place to replace ? I'll get the motu oil and all the squared away for barber in June didn't want to push my luck
Old 05-20-2017, 04:28 PM   #34
formoutofchaos

Great time
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #35
thescreensavers

Glad you had a great time!

Sucks about the windshield, the windshield doesn't seem that great tbh mines scratched and starting to pitt. My pilkington replacement on my Jeep is perfect for months but the pilkington on the Camaro just isn't that good :(

Btw Walmart does sell the filter.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:54 PM   #36
formoutofchaos

so i want to put the best fluids in for this change i plan on ordering it what does everyone recommend dexos2 motul ? i assume i should replace brake fluid? elsd, and transmission? what brand and recommendation for my second change at 6k miles! thanks.. I also think i want a better brake pad on there not sure what brand to go with will post PDR tomorrow !
Old 05-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #37
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Read your HP Supplement. Run the OEM AC Delco filter and you are supposed to run a dexos 2 approved 0w40 or 5w40. X-Cess is not Dexos 2 approved. There is a list of dexos 2 approved oils but they should also have a label on the bottle. The motul below is what I order from amazon. It's one of the few acceptable oils that can be found.

https://www.amazon.com/Motul-X-Clean...0+x-clean+5w40

that's what I use. used it on my '16 SS when it tracked it and it never blew up so it's gotta be good.
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #38
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
so i want to put the best fluids in for this change i plan on ordering it what does everyone recommend dexos2 motul ? i assume i should replace brake fluid? elsd, and transmission? what brand and recommendation for my second change at 6k miles! thanks.. I also think i want a better brake pad on there not sure what brand to go with will post PDR tomorrow !
Motul X-Clean for oil and Motul RBF 600 for fluid. Were you having issues with the brakes?
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:17 PM   #39
formoutofchaos

I just don't think the Brakes give great response they are slightly Vague , I would like more clamp with more feedback prior to entering a turn... Just figured stock upgrade to better pads
Old 05-21-2017, 02:21 PM   #40
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Tons of info on brake pads. Just look up a proper thread on this forum. Ditto fluids for that matter.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #41
formoutofchaos

OK besides changing to a dexos2 oil , I currently have wildwood exp600 brake and clutch fluid in there and ROYAL purple 75W90 diff fluid in there ( these were Vengeance recommendation when they did my fluid changes )

This was all done at 1200 miles i have about 6k on there and two full track days what should be replaced ? And with what brand and weights? Also does transmission fluid need to be replaced? I want to make sure I keep up all fluids to stay in top shape

Planning to do an online order soon just want to cover all bases sorry to be redundant its hard when shops give different advice
Old 05-22-2017, 12:27 PM   #42
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
I just don't think the Brakes give great response they are slightly Vague , I would like more clamp with more feedback prior to entering a turn... Just figured stock upgrade to better pads
If it was me...

-Motul 8100 X Clean 5W40
-AC Delco Rear Diff Fluid
-AC Delco Engine Oil Filter
-Castrol SRF Brake Fluid

Everything else left alone!

I would argue the fastest driver I have seen on these forums is Provoste and he ran stock Ferodo pads with Slicks and didn't suffer and issues. If he can't cook the pads then I can't cook the pads. Any issue your feeling in your brakes is likely down to fluid. I don't know anything about your Wilwood fluid but I do know that SRF is the Gold Standard in brake fluid.