Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-18-2018, 10:31 AM   #99
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zboy136 View Post
I installed the Nitto nt 555 g2 on mine a couple weeks back and so far I can say in wet weather, they do very well.

I put these on my 2004 Corvette and was very happy with them. The ride was nicer and the handling almost as good as the GY runflats. You also get more mileage out of them. Not to mention they cost almost half as much.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:21 PM   #100
HighIron

Drives: 2024 2SS Summit White
FWIW to this discussion, I just had my new Michelin Pilot Sport 3+ A/S tires installed ( I saved the stock RF tires as they had only 6K miles on them and can later re-mount them )

One thing that was most apparent is how much quieter they are then the stock ones. Like night and day. Especially on the noisy concrete roads that really made my stock tires "ring".

No difference noted in steering feel ( Tour mode ). My favorite twisty back road "test" didn't reveal to me a loss in grip compared to the stock tires, though I know they won't have the ultimate warm weather grip the stock tires have. I feel better knowing I'll have a safer tire in rainy and cold weather.
HighIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:37 AM   #101
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighIron View Post
One thing that was most apparent is how much quieter they are then the stock ones. Like night and day. Especially on the noisy concrete roads that really made my stock tires "ring".
I second this. I have the Generals. The grip is noticeably better as soon as it gets into the 40's. But the sound of the exhaust and stereo is so much better with those run-flats gone.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:04 AM   #102
mmadden2

Drives: '12 LaCrosse, '14 Encore, '17 2SS
I was considering these but since my car's been in the shop for nearly 3 weeks so far for the headliner replacement, it looks like it'll be sitting at the dealership through most of the winter anyway, maybe next year
Old 11-30-2018, 05:16 AM   #103
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
... Does the tire temp show 'Cold', 'Warm' and 'Hot', or is 'Cool' and 'Normal' all you get?
The other day I drove with the temperatures around 37 degrees. Leaving my garage the GY tires were "Cool" the entire 15 miles to my son's house. I left the car in the street for about an hour and when I left they showed "Cold" most of the way on the 15 miles to the Chevy dealer, turning to "Cool" the last few miles. The GY summer tires aren't so happy at 37 degrees!
Old 12-07-2018, 12:48 PM   #104
mmadden2

Drives: '12 LaCrosse, '14 Encore, '17 2SS
After 25 days at the dealership (oil change, tire "rotation" (left to right), flush trans fluid (that feels fine again for now), replace headliner (and windshield, and headliner trim, and roof rail air bag end-to-end connector-to-terminal wiring harnesses))... I took Cherry Pie out this morning to get some seat time. 4am, 29 degrees, yeah the tires are a little more prone to slip at that temp but no big deal if roads are dry and gas pedal foot is judicious. Did a little grocery shopping, got gas, coffee, came home shiny side up.