Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-09-2020, 01:30 PM   #6889
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Thanks man. I haven't heard from you in a bit and was starting to get worried. I was about to message you to check in. So it is good to hear from you. I hope you're staying safe.

And yea, the C8 looks absolutely phenomenal in person. I flew all the way from Jersey to Florida just to check it out. And I was not disappointed. It was orange as well. That is probably the only car I could get in orange or yellow. No other car. I'm glad you got to see one!!
Yeah thanks for looking out. Illinois went on shelter in place so my company was closed temporarily before we got clarification from the state that we fall under their essential guidelines so Im back haha and our laptop at home crapped out on us and I hate posting on forums from my phone or tablet so jsut took a little break from forums.

Yeah when i saw it I instantly knew what it was slowed down to get a good look at it. They absolutely nailed it, while it looks good in pictures, they do it no justice the C8 looks incredible in person
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:31 PM   #6890
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
I'm gonna let you in on a little secret; he has a c8 ordered, he absolutely loves these cars too.....shhhhh.
I went on a rant about how these manufacturers are catering to these YT idiots and making sure they get their cars first while the rest of us have to wait in line. Just thinking about it again burns me up.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:04 AM   #6891
RageWorx

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 Camaro with MRC and NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
I appreciate all the comments guys, thanks.

Hey Mark, good question. My Camaro is such a great car and I have thoroughly enjoyed the journey since buying it Dec 30th of 2015. I've been booted 3 times from Atco last year and I've lost the love a little, the SS has so much more in it but I get 2 runs and then safety techs shut me down. Private rentals would overlook my e.t.'s maybe, but at $200 a pop it gets pricey.
The plan with the C8 is to get to 10.0 with as minimal mods as possible, you guys that have raced know that the further you mod your car, the more it becomes less street friendly. My SS is a pleasure to drive for me but its went past the point where the wife wants to drive it now.

Ask me that question again this time next year, I won't have an issue caging a 2 seater vs caging a 4 seater and losing 2 seats.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret; he has a c8 ordered, he absolutely loves these cars too.....shhhhh.
Congrats on the C8!!!!! and it looks great next to that gnarly white 6th gen SS which I have seen run on more than a few occasions (possibly one of the times you got booted from ATCO LOL!).

I'm thinking reaching the same level with the C8 will not be as easy as your 6th gen SS as so far that Tremec DCT seems more fragile (lots of programmed in protection and tq management) than the A8 so as far as drag racing goes the DCT might hold you back a bit.

Not that you need another 9 sec GM as you already have one take the C8 to NJMP and take some turns

Stangmode is on tuffer times right now both him and his wife are jobless now .... as far as I know he canceled his C8 order already and tried to sell his GT500 (105k reserve was not meet can't blame him for trying to make extra $$$ when used Gt500s are already in the 80K range).

I've meet him a few times at ATCO and hes a cool dude so I wish him the best and everyone else during this time.

I am also one of the many essential healthcare workers right now (Electrical/Computer engineer currently specializing in radiographic, magnetic/RF, nuclear med, and positron emission tomography medical imaging systems).

I am very grateful to still have my career and wish nothing but the best for anyone that is on hard times as a result of the COVID crisis.

-Jon
2016 HB Camaro 1SS A8 with MRC and NPP 398rwhp/389tq stock #s(11.84 @ 117 DR only, ECS boost 550rwhp/510tq (dynapack #s) , same boost + AEM water/meth + ARH Headers/mids 600 rwhp+ (dynojet #s) TTP)10.8 @ 129.
2020 Ford Explorer
2003 SVT Cobra Coupe (just your average KB Terminator Cobra).
2013 Focus ST (e30 Tuned).
2004 Dodge 3500 Cummins Dually 6 spd manual (tow rig).
1997 Jeep Cherokee (Lifted and Locked XJ off-road rig).
RageWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 06:01 PM   #6892
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageWorx View Post
Congrats on the C8!!!!! and it looks great next to that gnarly white 6th gen SS which I have seen run on more than a few occasions (possibly one of the times you got booted from ATCO LOL!).

I'm thinking reaching the same level with the C8 will not be as easy as your 6th gen SS as so far that Tremec DCT seems more fragile (lots of programmed in protection and tq management) than the A8 so as far as drag racing goes the DCT might hold you back a bit.

Not that you need another 9 sec GM as you already have one take the C8 to NJMP and take some turns

Stangmode is on tuffer times right now both him and his wife are jobless now .... as far as I know he canceled his C8 order already and tried to sell his GT500 (105k reserve was not meet can't blame him for trying to make extra $$$ when used Gt500s are already in the 80K range).

I've meet him a few times at ATCO and hes a cool dude so I wish him the best and everyone else during this time.

I am also one of the many essential healthcare workers right now (Electrical/Computer engineer currently specializing in radiographic, magnetic/RF, nuclear med, and positron emission tomography medical imaging systems).

I am very grateful to still have my career and wish nothing but the best for anyone that is on hard times as a result of the COVID crisis.

-Jon
Fellow HCW, and I see you're Jersey Shore as well. Same here. I'm gonna take a stab at it and guess you work with Meridian...?? Anyway, yea NJ is gearing up for crisis within the next 2-3 days. I've been on phone calls with different people and I don't know what to expect. NY is a complete mess right now. And the way everything is going, I'm not even sure I'll still be able to go and help out there. I might get mandated to stay here and pull 24 hour shifts. Shit is not looking good. I personally wasn't expecting the storm to hit for another few weeks which is why I signed up to help out in NY. I thought I'd be able to go help them and then come back to NJ in enough time to help out here. But right now who knows what is going to happen by Monday. I think we're about to see our entire HC system in the Northeast face a total collapse.

And yea, I do think SM has hit hard times like everyone else. His best bet might be to just sell it for a reasonable price while he can. There is soo much uncertainty right now. I think the value of these cars are going to plummet. If he can get close to what he paid for it then I would jump on it and get out of that car if I were him. I know these guys have a lot of pride. But pride don't pay bills.

Anyway, glad to see other HCWs on here. Especially those who are close by. If you need any resources or need to network then let me know. And likewise, I'll do the same.
Old 04-11-2020, 04:31 PM   #6893
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
BlaqWhole, cover your eyes. Speed Phenom content coming. (Just kidding, of course)

Here’s a really good track comparison of the C8 Stingray vs base GT500 at Willow Springs. Very informational and well produced video. Before you view, just know that he does not provide track times. He’s stated that he will detail the times in the next video. He does describe what’s going on with each car through all the corners, curves, and straights of Willow Springs.

https://youtu.be/KA2Cxvc8l-A
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 04-13-2020 at 06:53 AM.
Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 06:06 AM   #6894
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
BlaqWhole, cover your eyes. Speed Phenom content coming. (Just kidding, of course)

Here’s a really good track comparison of the C8 Stingray vs base GT500 at Willow Springs. Very information and well produced video. Before you view, just know that he does not provide track times. He’s stated that he will detail the times in the next video. He does describe what’s going on with each car through all the corners, curves, and straight RS of Willow Springs.

https://youtu.be/KA2Cxvc8l-A
I'm not gonna watch the video. And I'm this much closer to cancelling my order. I doubt it will be fast enough for me anyway. I mean, I'm impressed by how fast it actually is. But at best it is still a step down from an A10 ZL1. So it doesn't make sense to spend more money for something that is on the same-ish level as something that I already have. I'm actually considering a 570S or a 720S now. Maybe even a 765lt (pipe dreams, lol)!!
Old 04-13-2020, 07:54 AM   #6895
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Who cares how fast a car runs a lap time unless you frequently track it. Personally my favorite thing about the c8 is the interior, overall feel of the car, and the trans.

I suppose a camaro forum is not the best place to argue feelings > laptimes since it is a basically a laptime terminator.

I dont know what you do in health care, but hopefully you understand how much a mclaren really costs. When you run the numbers accounting style, it’s going to cost you like 6-7x as much as the c8.

Talking like $3-5/mile to drive a used mclaren unless it’s a 12c or a high mileage 570s.

Probably more like $7-10/ mile if you buy new.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 08:04 AM   #6896
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
I'm not gonna watch the video. And I'm this much closer to cancelling my order. I doubt it will be fast enough for me anyway. I mean, I'm impressed by how fast it actually is. But at best it is still a step down from an A10 ZL1. So it doesn't make sense to spend more money for something that is on the same-ish level as something that I already have. I'm actually considering a 570S or a 720S now. Maybe even a 765lt (pipe dreams, lol)!!
Wow, from so much C8 praise to dropping it like a rock.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:58 AM   #6897
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Wait for the C8Z
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:13 AM   #6898
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
that was actually a good video from Speed Phenom.

i can't believe i just typed that.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:14 AM   #6899
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
Who cares how fast a car runs a lap time unless you frequently track it. Personally my favorite thing about the c8 is the interior, overall feel of the car, and the trans.

I suppose a camaro forum is not the best place to argue feelings > laptimes since it is a basically a laptime terminator.

I dont know what you do in health care, but hopefully you understand how much a mclaren really costs. When you run the numbers accounting style, it’s going to cost you like 6-7x as much as the c8.

Talking like $3-5/mile to drive a used mclaren unless it’s a 12c or a high mileage 570s.

Probably more like $7-10/ mile if you buy new.
We all have/want/desire these cars for different reasons. About 95% is passion and the rest is whatever, lol!! I wouldn't DD a car like that anyway. And not many people who buy cars costing 6+ figures even know where a track is. Only a handful, if that, get to see tracks or get raced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Wait for the C8Z
Who knows when that will come out at this point. And what stats it will have, the price, what it will outperform, etc. And when it does hit I am sure GM will just make sure people like SP and SM and other YT yahoos get theirs first and put the rest of their customers on the back burner.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #6900
ZRacerLE

Quote:
We all have/want/desire these cars for different reasons. About 95% is passion and the rest is whatever, lol!! I wouldn't DD a car like that anyway. And not many people who buy cars costing 6+ figures even know where a track is. Only a handful, if that, get to see tracks or get raced.

Who knows when that will come out at this point. And what stats it will have, the price, what it will outperform, etc. And when it does hit I am sure GM will just make sure people like SP and SM and other YT yahoos get theirs first and put the rest of their customers on the back burner.
Another attractive option would be to stick with the stingray and get it twin turbo'd if you're not going to road race it.
Old 04-13-2020, 02:34 PM   #6901
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Another attractive option would be to stick with the stingray and get it twin turbo'd if you're not going to road race it.
Well, I will be racing it. But let's not get back into that whole discussion again.

And TT'ing it is a great idea. I did see that someone developed a system but I can't remember who it was or how it turned out. I think there was something involving them not being able to tune it or something...?? Any info on that?
Old 04-13-2020, 02:59 PM   #6902
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Well, I will be racing it. But let's not get back into that whole discussion again.

And TT'ing it is a great idea. I did see that someone developed a system but I can't remember who it was or how it turned out. I think there was something involving them not being able to tune it or something...?? Any info on that?
Late Model Racecraft and Hennessey, both here in Houston, are close to offering something I believe.