Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-03-2020, 12:24 PM   #6721
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
So does that mean that there will be 0 2020 Corvettes in a dealers inventory? Like they weren't able to order any for stock?

Yeah I think so.

Interesting.

This is just a total guess, but I wonder if Ford put a little extra protection in the TCM and that is why even with stock cars we have seen a variance in times. Maybe a little over protective?

And that is funny he calls the car stock. That is not stock lol.
I think you're guess on the protections ford put in are right and have been semi comfirmed by good sources. Its like their zl1 bog lol
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:31 PM   #6722
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
This is true, but I know they've been manually shifting the car at like 8k+ rpm, so I wonder if the tcm unlock will really make it much faster or more so more consistent. Because when they get a good pass its awesome, but it seems solid a to b passes are far and in between with the tranny acting up here and there. I'm assuming a high 8 isn't out of the question once the trans is figured out, but hopefully not at the expense of grenading the dct.

Looks like the drag pack made a hell of a difference. Went from a 9.5 car to a 9.1 car with 1.4 60 foots. It seems that they were smart and went with a bias ply set up too.

It is funny to hear stangmode constantly call his car bone stock. Its on a mickey or r888r, rear + passanger seat deletes, and a resonator delete mid pipe which has been proven to add a little hp. I mean its close to stock, but him constantly calling it bone stock is funny.
you have a good point, and i believe i heard them say this car had around 1100whp! with some of the noises and lurching i felt i was seeing i'm kinda surprised we haven't seen one scattered yet.

and yeah i can't handle all the lying and youtube hey look at me shit anymore, i get that stretching the truth is part of racing, but it's still annoying.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 05:18 PM   #6723
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
you have a good point, and i believe i heard them say this car had around 1100whp! with some of the noises and lurching i felt i was seeing i'm kinda surprised we haven't seen one scattered yet.

and yeah i can't handle all the lying and youtube hey look at me shit anymore, i get that stretching the truth is part of racing, but it's still annoying.
The guy just put a video claiming a 10.59 the car did with his wife driving just broke the stock record, then he got a 10.55 himself. I imagine even Ford guys dont like his fibbing considering speed phenom actually got the real 10.6 record on a showroom stock car lol.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:58 PM   #6724
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
The guy just put a video claiming a 10.59 the car did with his wife driving just broke the stock record, then he got a 10.55 himself. I imagine even Ford guys dont like his fibbing considering speed phenom actually got the real 10.6 record on a showroom stock car lol.
The youtube fellas take a beating by half of em anyway...but claiming stock, on a tire...oof...he’ll get eaten alive lol
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:00 AM   #6725
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
It is funny to hear stangmode constantly call his car bone stock. Its on a mickey or r888r, rear + passanger seat deletes, and a resonator delete mid pipe which has been proven to add a little hp. I mean its close to stock, but him constantly calling it bone stock is funny.
I've talked with him plenty of times and yes, he yaks it up for the followers on his page. Off the camera he's a different person....with that being said, he's ducked racing me for years and he can't deny it. Maybe we'll finally see a little H2H this spring
Old 03-04-2020, 01:03 AM   #6726
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
I've talked with him plenty of times and yes, he yaks it up for the followers on his page. Off the camera he's a different person....with that being said, he's ducked racing me for years and he can't deny it. Maybe we'll finally see a little H2H this spring
His car cost what 3x out the door?
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:31 AM   #6727
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
So does that mean that there will be 0 2020 Corvettes in a dealers inventory? Like they weren't able to order any for stock?
The only way you'll see one in dealership inventory is if someone ordered one and couldn't pay for it or if the dealership had allocations that they kept and just ordered one however they saw fit and placed it on the sales floor. Considering all the options and stuff that could be ordered I doubt the latter would have been a good idea. I do think there will be a handful on dealership floors. But it'll be hard to come across and will likely sell very fast. And I'm betting certain dealerships will try to mark those up
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:44 AM   #6728
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
See you there.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:07 AM   #6729
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
That's the thing with alot of these youtube channels. Anything for clicks/views

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The only way you'll see one in dealership inventory is if someone ordered one and couldn't pay for it or if the dealership had allocations that they kept and just ordered one however they saw fit and placed it on the sales floor. Considering all the options and stuff that could be ordered I doubt the latter would have been a good idea. I do think there will be a handful on dealership floors. But it'll be hard to come across and will likely sell very fast. And I'm betting certain dealerships will try to mark those up
That's crazy!

Do they have any guesses or have you seen any guesses on how many 2020's will be built?
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:03 AM   #6730
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
I met him at Cleetus and cars and seemed like a cool guy irl, obviously he does what he does on his channel for the subs and to keep Ford happy. Ever since getting recognized by Ford as an influencer he's gone from Mustang fan to Ford schill.

Can't blame him for not wanting to publicly get the sauce from an NA camaro lol
Old 03-04-2020, 07:58 PM   #6731
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Do they have any guesses or have you seen any guesses on how many 2020's will be built?
I am not sure about that. But...several hundred went out to dealerships earlier today!!
Old 03-05-2020, 09:49 AM   #6732
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
I am not sure about that. But...several hundred went out to dealerships earlier today!!
That's awesome. Cant wait to see them and have real owners provide feedback.

Cars.com did a review of a totally base model with 0 options and they loved it how it drove. Only dislikes they had was it didn't have any of the safety/tech features
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:27 AM   #6733
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Well it looks like GM is catering to YTers with million + followers before anyone else. A few of them just happened to get their C8s already. StreetSpeed even got his second C8 while others who plopped down huge deposits and ordered them in the first week the banks were open are still at 1100 status. I'm not happy.

I hope this is just a one time bad judgement call on GM's part and won't happen again. Money is money. And I get it, they want people drawing a crowd. But still, I work hard for my money just like they do. And my $5K is just as huge a chunk of change as anyone else's money is. I could see if they offered a limited amount of early deliveries to people for a small fee and made it available for anyone to purchase. But that wasn't the case. And if they're playing these stupid little games with these little boys who have time to sit around talking in broken sentences and trying to look cool for their fans then that is an outrage. Like I said, if this is a one off thing then fine. But it better not become a habit. They better remember, they just might push me from looking to order a Z06 to looking elsewhere. I don't play second fiddle to people.

Sorry for the rant. I got pissed off when I saw that kid bragging about getting his 2nd C8 while some of us have no updates at all and ordered before he did. Burns me up.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:04 AM   #6734
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Well it looks like GM is catering to YTers with million + followers before anyone else. A few of them just happened to get their C8s already. StreetSpeed even got his second C8 while others who plopped down huge deposits and ordered them in the first week the banks were open are still at 1100 status. I'm not happy.

I hope this is just a one time bad judgement call on GM's part and won't happen again. Money is money. And I get it, they want people drawing a crowd. But still, I work hard for my money just like they do. And my $5K is just as huge a chunk of change as anyone else's money is. I could see if they offered a limited amount of early deliveries to people for a small fee and made it available for anyone to purchase. But that wasn't the case. And if they're playing these stupid little games with these little boys who have time to sit around talking in broken sentences and trying to look cool for their fans then that is an outrage. Like I said, if this is a one off thing then fine. But it better not become a habit. They better remember, they just might push me from looking to order a Z06 to looking elsewhere. I don't play second fiddle to people.

Sorry for the rant. I got pissed off when I saw that kid bragging about getting his 2nd C8 while some of us have no updates at all and ordered before he did. Burns me up.
It wasn't a second C, itt was his first one and he had it wrapped -- He even said as much. There wasn't any favoritism.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote