Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Great Lakes

AWE Tuning

Old 07-14-2019, 09:28 AM   #1
skywrench

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Best Dealer shop in the Twin Cities?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good dealer to take their cars to or horror stories of ones to avoid? I usually go to Rosedale and they have been fine but it's just been for oil changes. Both of my vehicles are still under warranty. Maybe a dealer who is mod friendly.
skywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:35 PM   #2
Kalcorp17

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Mosaic Black
If you're like me and don't mind driving to get your car serviced by the best, I would recommend Matt Saxe Chevrolet out of Belle Plaine. Heard from a hardcore corvette friend of mine that he won't recommend any other place and I can say from experience they know their stuff. That dealer is big into vettes and knows our platform well. They are even getting the first C8 in MN. Just my 2 cents, good luck to ya.

Edit: just got my trans flush done there and now the car is shudder free.

Last edited by Kalcorp17; 07-15-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Kalcorp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:18 PM   #3
skywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcorp17 View Post
If you're like me and don't mind driving to get your car serviced by the best, I would recommend Matt Saxe Chevrolet out of Belle Plaine. Heard from a hardcore corvette friend of mine that he won't recommend any other place and I can say from experience they know their stuff. That dealer is big into vettes and knows our platform well. They are even getting the first C8 in MN. Just my 2 cents, good luck to ya.

Thanks for the info! Belle Plaine isn't too far away, 37 miles down 169.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:14 PM   #4
skywrench

Quote:

About your trans flush, did they test drive it or just go ahead and do it. I was down that way yesterday and thought I felt a shudder when I was on 169. Honestly I couldn't be 100% sure. I tried to duplicate that today with no luck but as you know it's also difficult to find a smooth road in Minnesota. FYI I am taking it to Saxe next week. I want them to see if the mylink is up to date. It's been acting odd for about a week now.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:32 PM   #5
Kalcorp17

They test drove my car and there is also a specific tool they use to test for the shudder, I think it's called a PICO Scope. Anyways my car had an obvious shudder, and the tech wrote down that the Scope detected significant readings as well. After flushing the fluid the tech wrote that the readings were already significantly better. Leaving the dealership I noticed that the shudder was indeed much better, but still barely there. After driving for a couple hundred miles, I do not notice any shudder at all! Hoping this means that the flush will hold it's value over time. I would definitely trust them with the procedure. A good way to test for the shudder yourself is to throw the car in cruise control on the freeway at say 65-70mph and pay close attention to how the car feels under light throttle application. Such as going up a slight incline in cruise control on the freeway. Sorry for the long type up, hope this helps! DM me anytime.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:40 PM   #6
skywrench

Quote:
They test drove my car and there is also a specific tool they use to test for the shudder, I think it's called a PICO Scope. Anyways my car had an obvious shudder, and the tech wrote down that the Scope detected significant readings as well. After flushing the fluid the tech wrote that the readings were already significantly better. Leaving the dealership I noticed that the shudder was indeed much better, but still barely there. After driving for a couple hundred miles, I do not notice any shudder at all! Hoping this means that the flush will hold it's value over time. I would definitely trust them with the procedure. A good way to test for the shudder yourself is to throw the car in cruise control on the freeway at say 65-70mph and pay close attention to how the car feels under light throttle application. Such as going up a slight incline in cruise control on the freeway. Sorry for the long type up, hope this helps! DM me anytime.
Not at all, I appreciate the detailed info. From what I've read on this web sites forum it seems this is a problem across more than just Camaro's. I would think GM would want them all to get flushed to avoid more expensive warranty claims in the future.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:58 PM   #7
Kalcorp17

Some people speculate that GM offers the service bulletin flush as a "band-aid" until warranties start running out and it's not their problem anymore. Idk if I believe all that, but so far my car has been seemingly healed, fingers crossed! Not a super big deal if the problem occurs later on down the road as I plan to get a Circle D anyways.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:42 PM   #8
skywrench

Quote:
Some people speculate that GM offers the service bulletin flush as a "band-aid" until warranties start running out and it's not their problem anymore. Idk if I believe all that, but so far my car has been seemingly healed, fingers crossed! Not a super big deal if the problem occurs later on down the road as I plan to get a Circle D anyways.
Oh I could believe that. Especially if that lawsuit never materializes. I had to look up to see what Circle D was.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:43 PM   #9
Kalcorp17

Torque converter my friend. I plan on getting a Pray Performance cam and a bunch of porting done, along with some other goodies, so a higher stalling converter will certainly be a welcomed addition!
Old 07-30-2019, 08:39 PM   #10
skywrench

Quote:

You were right about Matt Saxe. They were great! I posted in another section that they updated the MyLink system, updated the maps too and did the tranny flush. The manager was great, I was out wondering in the lot and he came out to give me an update and apologized for the wait. Hell, I didn't care about the wait, I was glad they were doing it without any hassle. They also gave me my cars history from whoever had it before me.
Saw all the Corvettes too and they had a wall of the new ones they have coming in soon. It was a 40 min drive there but it was worth it. I'll go back when I need service.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:24 PM   #11
Kalcorp17

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywrench View Post
You were right about Matt Saxe. They were great! I posted in another section that they updated the MyLink system, updated the maps too and did the tranny flush. The manager was great, I was out wondering in the lot and he came out to give me an update and apologized for the wait. Hell, I didn't care about the wait, I was glad they were doing it without any hassle. They also gave me my cars history from whoever had it before me.
Saw all the Corvettes too and they had a wall of the new ones they have coming in soon. It was a 40 min drive there but it was worth it. I'll go back when I need service.
That's awesome! I'm glad to hear that everything worked out for you. Yeah it's about a 40 minute drive for us as well but highly worth it for the great service. We also saw the wall of C8 orders and one of the guys there said that they would get the first one in the state which is pretty cool. The Mrs says that the C8 date is November 21st. Hope she's runnin great now!
Old 10-28-2019, 02:27 PM   #12
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Any recommendations in the northern suburbs?
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote