Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-11-2018, 01:34 PM   #1
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Arrow In legal racing, who pays for a car-to-car hit? (Netflix show: Fastest Cars)

I'm almost done watching this show on Netflix called Fastest Cars.

Its shows a sport car vs 3 sleeper cars. In episode 7, they'll show all winners facing each other in a 6 car lane.

Q: If you're racing someone and you hit their car accidentally, do you pay or is that considered "the nature of the beast"?

In one episode, a '72 Datsun modded to be an electric car hit an original Mazda 2.

I saw he put up a GoFundMe. But when having a race with no barricade and there is a hit, who pays for the repair? Is it the person who caused it at fault or its "the nature of the beast"?
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:24 PM   #2
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
That's a great question. I really like the show and so does my wife. I was surprised how great the show is. I new something was up in that episode because they kept showing clips of how he was so proud that the car still had its original paint. I figured he had to be in the wreak. I felt so bad for him, that car was sharp and well done. He figured he would need 15 to 20Gs to have it repaired.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 02:04 AM   #3
miller8907

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS LS3
IMO that's racing. You're taking that risk of damages when you race your car and there is nobody to blame but yourself.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
Gunmetalmissle

Drives: 16 ngm ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller8907 View Post
IMO that's racing. You're taking that risk of damages when you race your car and there is nobody to blame but yourself.
Yep, also there is track day insurance.
Gunmetalmissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #5
TastyBake

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
That's a great question. I really like the show and so does my wife. I was surprised how great the show is. I new something was up in that episode because they kept showing clips of how he was so proud that the car still had its original paint. I figured he had to be in the wreak. I felt so bad for him, that car was sharp and well done. He figured he would need 15 to 20Gs to have it repaired.
The editors and producers make the show pretty predictable. The person who is humble with their backstory, wins.

I still wasn't sure who was going to be wrecked but you brought up good points. That "all original paint" comment should have been my clue.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #6
TastyBake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetalmissle View Post
Yep, also there is track day insurance.
Didn't know that existed.

I just some research. I assume insurance on that Mazda 2 would have costed a good amount of money per month. I understand its $ per 10 or so races.

But when there is no barrier, it would have been worth it but there are so many variables so who knows.