Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Great Lakes

Phastek Performance

Old 01-02-2019, 02:43 PM   #1
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Window tint finally legal in Michigan?

I know this isn’t the best place to ask but to all my Michiganders on the forums. Is window tint finally legal here or are we still stuck in the same old window tint laws?
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:06 PM   #2
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Same as it's been forever. No tint allowed on front side windows or on windshield lower than the factory tint band at the top.

That said, most cops won't hassle you if you run 50% on your sides and back, since it doesn't really look tinted.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:38 PM   #3
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
I just heard today that it wasn't signed. Sucks
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:38 PM   #4
Craighole

Drives: 2019 ZL1 / Red Hot / A10
Just googled it ...
Attached Images

Craighole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:38 AM   #5
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Well, crap. All of my cars get tinted. I had lasik and am light-sensitive. Time to get a note from the doctor, I guess.

2019 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5T - Blue Steel Metallic/Black Cloth "Soccer Mom Spec"
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:53 PM   #6
lokitwitch04

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2SS
I run 5% all the way around and they dont bother me. Its 100% illegal here in michigan. It is only a fix it ticket, so you will have to take the tint off and appear if they pull you over for it
lokitwitch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:01 AM   #7
KCelsius

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1SS 1LE
I'm running 35% on the sides and rear window. Had it on my WRX and was never hassled in MI. It looks "darker" on the camaro since less light gets in bc of the small windows and no sunroof.

Honestly, I see so many cars with ~35% or lower rolling around in SE MI that it's just a roll of the dice if you get stopped for it. I got stopped for my tint in my WRX in VA (where I lived for a little, 50% front law) and just ended up paying the ticket.

Just drive with your windows down.
KCelsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:10 PM   #8
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
I wish they would just change this law by either reducing or removing these restrictions. Believe it or not, the sun does shine in this state as well. C'mon already Michigan!!

Last edited by SHE'Z 18; 04-08-2019 at 05:59 AM.
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:33 AM   #9
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
I wish they would just change this law by either reducing or removing these restrictions. Believe it or not, the sun does shine in this state as well. C'mon already Michigan!!
Where you be from? LOL. The MI (south of Ann Arbor) I live in has been rain every freaking day. It's May and NO farmers are in the fields. THis is one of the wettest years (per my Dad who's been farming for 40 years). All kidding aside I'm not a fan of sun, really shows the flaws in my makeup er um I mean paintjob.

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:12 PM   #10
SHE'Z 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueUnicorn View Post
Where you be from? LOL. The MI (south of Ann Arbor) I live in has been rain every freaking day. It's May and NO farmers are in the fields. THis is one of the wettest years (per my Dad who's been farming for 40 years). All kidding aside I'm not a fan of sun, really shows the flaws in my makeup er um I mean paintjob.
I hear ya Unicorn... April showers seems to have dragged on and on and on... I'm sick of the grey skies and revolving door of rain that wont let up. This has been a crazy spring.. Anyway, being near the Jackson / Ann Arbor area as well, I totally feel your pain.. Let's see the sun already!!!
Old 05-23-2019, 11:08 PM   #11
bignaz

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Hey Im in Michigan and I got tint on my windows and cops don't bother me. But then again I got a Georgia plate lol.

But yeah it's been super wet in Ann arbor this year. And cold. Then again back home it's in the mid 90's. But screw the window tint law. Y'all need more chick fil a's first. Back home i can drive less then 2 miles either way and get chick fil a. Here I gotta drive at least an hour.
bignaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:27 PM   #12
SHE'Z 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignaz View Post
Hey Im in Michigan and I got tint on my windows and cops don't bother me. But then again I got a Georgia plate lol.

But yeah it's been super wet in Ann arbor this year. And cold. Then again back home it's in the mid 90's. But screw the window tint law. Y'all need more chick fil a's first. Back home i can drive less then 2 miles either way and get chick fil a. Here I gotta drive at least an hour.
LOL!! I know what you mean... total lack of Chick fil a & waffle houses up here in Michigan.. I have family in Georgia and you can't go 100 yards without running into one or the other.. Anyway, I'm so ready to see the sunshine already.. even if I cant get out and drive, it'd be nice to just not have to dodge raindrops... plus, too wet to mow my damn lawn..
I still refer to my earlier comment: Michigan should allow for window tint. Such a stupid law that we cant...
Old 05-28-2019, 01:30 PM   #13
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
I'm a Michigander and I havent had any issues with law enforcement in regards to my tint. I have 15% Ceramic Tint and never been pulled over. However, when I'm driving I notice everyone has tint or it seems that way. I noticed people getting their front windshield tinted but I wouldnt go that far.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:31 PM   #14
SHE'Z 18

I hear ya man... seems as though I'm seeing more and more tinted windows out there. 15% is crazy dark. That must look sweet. Tint makes the Camaro really look great. I ended up doing 25% on back windows and 35 on driver/passenger. I didnt want to give anymore reasons to get pulled over. Plus, I don't they'd be open to my plea of "everyone else is doing it"!! LOL.. Michigan just needs to get with the times. Although this hasn't been a bang-out year for Sunshine so far. However, las time I checked, the sun does shine in our beautiful state.. I mean, c'mon... we already pay the highest F$#king insurance rates and have some of the highest gas prices in the country. Help the Camaro Country out!!