Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-09-2018, 01:21 PM   #1807
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Like i said before: time for you to buy a 2018 already. Good deals will only get better as a refresh is coming. Dont miss out
I will, that's not the point.

My frustration comes for the future of this car, because if Chevy started to copy others (at least in styling), I don't think it will last. And I don't want the 2018 to be the last Camaro that I like.

A Toyota, Honda, ... are not dream cars, like Camaro is for most of us (at least enthusiasts). They copy eachother, they are just boring cars that you see everyday and even mismatch them. A Camaro will stands out from any croud of cars. And now they are making it average by "blending in" with others.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:24 PM   #1808
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
Apparently not only Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but interpretation too. This Car has more Camaro heritage elements than the Pre-refresh, But if you think the opposite them is Okey because that's your interpretation of what you see... I suppose that through the second generation in adelante' people say that those cars don't like a Camaro anymore, in reference to the Firt generation
Agree 100%
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #1809
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I will. My frustration comes for the future of this car, because if they started to copy others (at least in styling), I don't think it will last. And I don't want the 2018 to be the last Camaro that I like.
I would argue that Dodge copied Chev design heritage wise. Not the other way around. But it doesnt matter as Dodge is now revising their grilles for 2019.
And hey one offshore manufacturer used to copy them all until just recently. Didnt prevent good sales any either.

Never heard of anyone buying a car based on what future models may look like - thats a first for me.

I suspect you dont have much experience buying cars yet. And hence you might be stressed about it too much. If you can afford it just buy what YOU like. Good deals on 2018 and even better on 2017. Go get one and enjoy it!
Drive it for a few yrs then see what the future brings. Maybe there will be no Camaros no Challengers and no Mustangs by then. Who the heck knows? These are niche cars. Lets enjoy them while we can.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:47 PM   #1810
yankee

Btw, looks are not *that* subjective. Check this thread, when 6th gen was revealed:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408553

Only (or most) positive reactions. But this current thread has "only" 133 pages of negative comments about the refresh. Most people really don't like it. I hope that Chevy will learn something from this, if they are even "listening".
Old 05-09-2018, 01:51 PM   #1811
TrackClub

Quote:
I will, that's not the point.

My frustration comes for the future of this car, because if Chevy started to copy others (at least in styling), I don't think it will last. And I don't want the 2018 to be the last Camaro that I like.

A Toyota, Honda, ... are not dream cars, like Camaro is for most of us (at least enthusiasts). They copy eachother, they are just boring cars that you see everyday and even mismatch them. A Camaro will stands out from any croud of cars. And now they are making it average by "blending in" with others.
I hear ya but the current styling is anything but blend and i will guarantee the first time you see a live one passing by youll go "wow!". And no, you wont mistake it for a Charger thats for damn sure lol.

Last edited by TrackClub; 05-09-2018 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #1812
TrackClub

Quote:
Btw, looks are not *that* subjective. Check this thread, when 6th gen was revealed:

Only (or most) positive reactions. But this current thread has "only" 133 pages of negative comments about the refresh. Most people really don't like it. I hope that Chevy will learn something from this, if they are even "listening".
Ya i know. Positive reaction is worth squat if sales dont support it. And 6 gen has been the worse selling modern Camaro ever. EVER. So much for the blogs and all the wise experts incl stellar magazine reviews eh?

Just buy what YOU like not what blogs tell you that you should like or other noise...
Old 05-09-2018, 02:06 PM   #1813
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Agree 100%
I must be blind, I honestly see 0 Camaro heritage in this refresh. If anything it screams to me that its following trends of what looks "sporty"

What am I not seeing that you are?
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:09 PM   #1814
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I must be blind, I honestly see 0 Camaro heritage in this refresh. If anything it screams to me that its following trends of what looks "sporty"

What am I not seeing that you are?
It is the image of those double Ds that cloud your judgement
Old 05-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #1815
yankee

Quote:
Ya i know. Positive reaction is worth squat if sales dont support it. And 6 gen has been the worse selling modern Camaro ever. EVER. So much for the blogs and all the wise experts incl stellar magazine reviews eh?

Just buy what YOU like not what blogs tell you that you should like or other noise...
I do really like the 2018 but since the timeline to order a 2018 from the factory got me financially unprepared (since the last day is 11 this month), I cannot order a 2018 with the options / color I like anymore. At least not brand new. So when I will have the budget, I will have to make some compromises or go with a pre-owned.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:31 PM   #1816
TrackClub

Quote:
I do really like the 2018 but since the timeline to order a 2018 from the factory got me financially unprepared (since the last day is 11 this month), I cannot order a 2018 with the options / color I like anymore. At least not brand new. So when I will have the budget, I will have to make some compromises or go with a pre-owned.
Understood. Check cargurus website like i suggested earlier. There might be good 17 deals out there right now. If not GM always holds a big sale in Sept marking on lot inventories up to 20% off plus dealer discount. Hope u can get ready for then and land your dream car. All the best!
Old 05-09-2018, 02:38 PM   #1817
yankee

Quote:
Understood. Check cargurus website like i suggested earlier. There might be good 17 deals out there right now. If not GM always holds a big sale in Sept marking on lot inventories up to 20% off plus dealer discount. Hope u can get ready for then and land your dream car. All the best!
Thanks for the tips!
Old 05-09-2018, 03:26 PM   #1818
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
This looks like a Charger to you?
Yeah i hope this is the 1LE and i hope they keep that satin/matte black grille and bowtie

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:32 PM   #1819
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:

Just look at the 2019 refresh , they are listening . People need to watch what they wish for . For the Gen 7 i just hope they keep ignoring the visibility issue some people have .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:07 PM   #1820
yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Just look at the 2019 refresh , they are listening . People need to watch what they wish for .
Who said "make it much less agressive and unique, with a centered truck-like bowtie and add a Camry Challenger feel to it"?

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!