Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 04-24-2020, 06:10 AM   #7015
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
Perhaps my earlier C8 post got their info from here
https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020...ked-documents/
That’s pretty interesting. I have a hard time believing GM would give that level of details to every supplier. They have a history of providing suppliers “need to know” information. Think about how long they completely denied the existence of mid-engine, even when it had been spotted testing numerous times. The info linking timing to engine to output to vehicle model would only make sense for specific powertrain component suppliers and even then, they would not need specific model info. A document with that level of detail would only be used internally and even then by those within an inner circle within the Corvette team.

I’ll stop short of saying the document isn’t real. I will say that if it is real, it did not come from a broad discussion between GM Program Management and suppliers in general.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:54 AM   #7016
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
That’s pretty interesting. I have a hard time believing GM would give that level of details to every supplier. They have a history of providing suppliers “need to know” information. Think about how long they completely denied the existence of mid-engine, even when it had been spotted testing numerous times. The info linking timing to engine to output to vehicle model would only make sense for specific powertrain component suppliers and even then, they would not need specific model info. A document with that level of detail would only be used internally and even then by those within an inner circle within the Corvette team.

I’ll stop short of saying the document isn’t real. I will say that if it is real, it did not come from a broad discussion between GM Program Management and suppliers in general.
Could simply be put out to keep people talking and having interest in the car and what mind me down the road.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:29 PM   #7017
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post

So, it looks like Hagerty corrected their "leaked" numbers after industry input to 600HP and 470lbft for the Z06 engine. Much more believable numbers, but it seems like they are making up numbers, and now making up more believable numbers...

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/g...ur-horsepower/
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:27 PM   #7018
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
So, it looks like Hagerty corrected their "leaked" numbers after industry input to 600HP and 470lbft for the Z06 engine. Much more believable numbers, but it seems like they are making up numbers, and now making up more believable numbers...

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/g...ur-horsepower/
They pretty much so they are making it uo
Quote:
The chart that follows mixes some of our speculation with accurate details from the hold order and other leaked documents. When businesses resume normal operations, what follows could come true a year or so after the indicated model years. In particular, the power and torque figures presented below are estimates consistent with our previous reporting.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 04:14 PM   #7019
IconicGT500
Banned

Drives: shelby
Are there any ZL1 1LE on the east coast that are free for some comparison runs?
IconicGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:35 PM   #7020
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IconicGT500 View Post
I do not have a ZLE, I have a standard ZL1. Are we talking top speed runs on a "road course" or a trip to Mexico or what? And is it against your Shelby? And is your Shelby a 2020? Because I might be able to free up some time. What're we talkin here?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:17 PM   #7021
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Wish you were in Houston, Voodoo. I'd be down to showcase ZLE stock performance, but you'd have to let me drive your beast!
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:04 PM   #7022
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Wish you were in Houston, Voodoo. I'd be down to showcase ZLE stock performance, but you'd have to let me drive your beast!
It would be cool to watch in real time instead of on YT. Maybe if we could even get a Z06 in on it too.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:26 PM   #7023
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
Just do the old Norton Commando trick and rubber mount the entire engine assembly. I remember those big twins shaking like a paint stirrer and the tank hardly moving. I think Harley-Davidson did some of the same things.
Man, what a great bike. I had a 750 Commando with an added front disc brake. And yea that rubber mounting made a big difference from my friends Triumph Tiger in long term ride comfort. And the handling was really good despite the rubber mounting. In those days the engine was an integral part of chassis tensile strength. Later though I fell in love with a Honda 750 and then a Kawasaki 900 Z1. While both were good cruisers and the 900 was a nice wheel stander, the handlling of the Norton stayed on my mind. And now the handling of my Camaro is my favorite aspect of the car.

Oh and if I remeber it took Harley a long time to copy the Commando tech.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:07 PM   #7024
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
I'm guessing he is from over there. LOL!! Which explains his first comment on here. Aren't there a few ZLE guys over there that are in the TS area? I wonder if this is really gonna happen or what and if we'll get to see a video or not.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:20 PM   #7025
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I'm guessing he is from over there. LOL!! Which explains his first comment on here. Aren't there a few ZLE guys over there that are in the TS area? I wonder if this is really gonna happen or what and if we'll get to see a video or not.
Not sure, but I volunteered over there for something in Houston. I'd like to see some GT500s in action myself.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 12:48 AM   #7026
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Against your gt500 or a stock car?
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:19 AM   #7027
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Against your gt500 or a stock car?
He gone.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:24 AM   #7028
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Oh well...moving on...

If the C8 Z06 is available for 2022, is there anything non-Supercar that will beat it? And the ZR1, how will it stack up against the likes of the Aventador? I do not think GM will be looking to bother with Ford any longer. So what will be the competition? What are they going to benchmark?