Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 05-23-2020, 11:10 PM   #1
DuoMaxwell007

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 2LT
struts "uneven"

so i took my car in for an oil change and alignment, and a usual they do their inspection and everything was fine.

But they did tell me something like either my struts were uneven or in the negative or something like that. He said getting that fixed/replaced wouldnt be worth i though a it would probably cost more than the car is worth. Ok

so he make it sound like a bad thing

but then he goes on to say, they come like that out of the factory and that is supposedly for handling. So if it comes like that out of the factory is it really a bad thing? I mean would the factory purposely put cars with that "problem" out into the wild? But t hen i ask myself so if it ISNT a bad thing, and it comes like that out of the factory and its for handling. Then why bother to tell me about it anyway?
DuoMaxwell007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:43 AM   #2
Jb54

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS M6
Hi. First off, struts are not suppose to be "uneven." I'm unsure exactly what you are describing. You failed to mention if your car has magnetic ride control or not. If it does, anytime it is in the air , without the wheels supported, the magnetic shocks will stay extended until the car is on the ground and restarted. It will then self level.
If no MRC, you have a strut or suspension issue that needs to be addressed. By no means should your car be leaning! Maybe it could be a broken spring and not the strut itself at all. Will need to be fixed, to have a safe handling ride!

Last edited by Jb54; 05-24-2020 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Add
Jb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:55 PM   #3
DuoMaxwell007

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 2LT
honestly I dont remember if he said uneven or negative, all I DO remember is I went in for oil change and alignment.

Got that done and they told me something about the struts, then talked about how fixing it would be worth more than the car is worth

Followed by they come like that out of the factory and its for handling

so now Im confused cause at first he made it sound bad like it was something that needed to be replaced or fixed, then says the factory makes them like that for handling so now which makes it sound like a good thing (cause why would the factory make them like that if its bad?)

So now Im wondering ooookay soooo was that supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing? And if it was a good/normal thing then why even bring it to my attention?
DuoMaxwell007 is offline   Reply With Quote