Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-24-2018, 02:23 PM   #29
tej

Drives: 2018 2ss Borla ATAK Cat Back
I just got my second Borla ATAK first i bought for 2017 v6 used for 3 weeks and sold my car. Now bought and installed Borla ATAK for 2018 2ss and love the sound. I am wondering if anyone here has Borla ATAK/S-type with Secondary CATS delete.
tej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:45 PM   #30
meilmarc

Drives: 2016 2SS, HBM, NPP, Sun Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperretta View Post
This is what I've been trying to find out! Is the NPP option even worth spending more money on? I'm concerned that "stealth" or tour mode is not going to be much of a difference with the borla exhaust. I could save money and put the non-npp version on my car if the difference in sound is negligible. Does anyone else agree?
When i did catless headers I got the stype without the npp valves since my fuse was pulled since the I first had the car and the npp option was more costly. The only differnce in the valved version is tour and track the sound will be the same unless the npp version is in tour mode.
meilmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:25 PM   #31
Aperretta

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by meilmarc View Post
When i did catless headers I got the stype without the npp valves since my fuse was pulled since the I first had the car and the npp option was more costly. The only differnce in the valved version is tour and track the sound will be the same unless the npp version is in tour mode.
What I mean is:

When using the NPP feature with a borla system, is it even going to make it much quieter with valves closed? I drive with valves open all of the time, except once when I used someone’s driveway to turn around. I closed my valves to be polite. Stock NPP is quiet with valves closed, but I suspect that Borla’s system does not make it as quiet in tour mode.
Aperretta is offline   Reply With Quote