Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #491
mbnwa

Drives: 18 NGM ZL1 1LE
Attached is 17-NA-287
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Document ID: 4860755.pdf (65.5 KB, 219 views)
17' Camaro 2SS A8 Vert Upgrades: Pray MSD IM/95mm TB/E85/Tune / Roto-fab CAI / GM Dark Taillights / LED Turn's with VLED Resisters / LED Reverse Lights / JWM Side Markers / Factory UQT PDR (CTS-V) / BMR DSL, MM010 / TSP 1 7/8 / Front Camera / Eyebrow Harness / Elite Engineering E2-X / AEM Wideband with Aeroforce single pod / HD Radio / OnStar Delete / RPM Roll Bar
mbnwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:53 AM   #492
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
so, car is at dealer for 3rd time for shudder fix (first 2 times got a flush). this time it has a pretty prominent vibration at anything above 50 as well.

we'll see what happens.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:02 PM   #493
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
so, car is at dealer for 3rd time for shudder fix (first 2 times got a flush). this time it has a pretty prominent vibration at anything above 50 as well.

we'll see what happens.
Wish you best of luck. Keep us posted please
Old 05-31-2018, 06:06 AM   #494
crosive

right now I'm fighting with the dealership. miss-communication, lies, etc. now gm is involved. we'll see. I don't want to post details as there is still a chance of them making it right, but I'll send a pm if anyone is curious about this soap opera level of shit I'm dealing with right now.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:28 AM   #495
speedup

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
My 2017 2ss had the shutter. Took to dealer and they flushed the fluid. It seems to have corrected the problem. No shutter for the past few hundred miles.

Now its in getting the muffler replaced for the NPP exhaust rattle.... love chevy!
speedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:51 AM   #496
crosive

update. just got a call from the dealership. They are replacing the torque converter. Said they should have done it last time. *might* have my car back tomorrow afternoon. we'll see
Old 06-01-2018, 04:22 AM   #497
Driski

Quote:
update. just got a call from the dealership. They are replacing the torque converter. Said they should have done it last time. *might* have my car back tomorrow afternoon. we'll see
Thank you for the update. Hope that solves the problem. Once you have the new TC will you go with a different trans fluid or change the shift points?

Mine is going in Monday afternoon for both trans and diff. Fairly sure it will not be the last time. Just want to put this stuff behind me and enjoy the car.

Good luck to all!
Old 06-01-2018, 06:19 AM   #498
crosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
Thank you for the update. Hope that solves the problem. Once you have the new TC will you go with a different trans fluid or change the shift points?

Mine is going in Monday afternoon for both trans and diff. Fairly sure it will not be the last time. Just want to put this stuff behind me and enjoy the car.

Good luck to all!
I'll probably let it sit as it is for a little while to make sure the problem is fixed. then I'm going with Circle D and I'm going to tune the tcm to solve the problem once and for all.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:56 PM   #499
crosive

Just got car back. I didn't realize how bad the vibration was until it was completely gone. Paperwork states "test drove vehicle with picoscope. Found 20hz vibration coming from torque converter shudder. Replaced torque converter. Filled transmission fluid. Filled cooling system. "

So far so good. Shifts are crisp. 2nd gear lunging gone. I've not been able to take it on the freeway due to traffic, but 55 mph or so is way better than it's been in a while.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:45 AM   #500
Driski

Quote:
Just got car back. I didn't realize how bad the vibration was until it was completely gone. Paperwork states "test drove vehicle with picoscope. Found 20hz vibration coming from torque converter shudder. Replaced torque converter. Filled transmission fluid. Filled cooling system. "

So far so good. Shifts are crisp. 2nd gear lunging gone. I've not been able to take it on the freeway due to traffic, but 55 mph or so is way better than it's been in a while.
Super glad to hear things are working out.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:59 AM   #501
mmhudson67

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I’m having same issue with my 2017 SS with only 8k miles. I thought it was a tire balance issue, but I’m quite sure it’s the TC. My appt at local dealership is next week. I hope they don’t jack me around like they did some of y’all!
mmhudson67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #502
speedup

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmhudson67 View Post
I’m having same issue with my 2017 SS with only 8k miles. I thought it was a tire balance issue, but I’m quite sure it’s the TC. My appt at local dealership is next week. I hope they don’t jack me around like they did some of y’all!
They will probably try to flush it first. I had mine flushed and it seems to have helped. Long term fix is another story... time will tell, but so far no more shuttering.

2017 2SS, Hyper Blue, 8sp, NPP, MRC
speedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:01 PM   #503
Driski

I got word back yesterday that the lead tech said there was nothing wrong with the car. I went out on a ride today with the service manager and he agrees with the tech, nothing wrong, "It is a high performance car and has low profile tires". I explained that if we were to take a new Camaro off the the lot right now, it would not feel like i am running over speed bumps (we were driving over a smooth road at 30 mph). I told him i disagree with them and that i would like to have both the rear diff and the TC replaced. He said he would talk with the GM rep. I have the car until i hear back. I am hoping for the best and for you guys as well. Good Luck!
Old 06-09-2018, 08:04 AM   #504
twoballscrewball

Drives: 89 Iroc Convertible, 2017 2SS Fifty
Just had this happen, 3600 miles on the car, first time it has done it. I was on a business trip and thought it was the road. Felt exactly like rumble strips. Then I noticed it was only doing it with light throttle, and I could see the tach bumping a bit when it was happening. I stopped for gas about 10 miles later (doing it the whole time) and when I restarted the car it did not do it again for the remaining 160 miles of the drive home.

Real bummer. I didn't think I would be dealing with a transmission issue this soon just bought this thing a month ago (with 2000 miles on it).
twoballscrewball is offline   Reply With Quote