Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 02-20-2019, 02:30 PM   #1
1-LE

Drives: V6 camaro 1le
Alignment issue

Just got a 2018 v6 1le a few months ago, have about 4k miles on it. I was having an issue with alignment,(car goes right when steering wheel at center) so i took it to firestone and had it fixed. Everything was good for about a week or so and then I noticed again that when the wheel is center, the car pulls to the right. When I had the alignment done i made sure they also aligned the steering wheel. So I'm wondering why its out of alignment again..anyone else have this issue? I posted this in the 1le section, just thought id also try in here.
1-LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:40 PM   #2
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Check tire pressure. Did you get report after alignment ?

I never had any luck w chain shops, rarely ever do good job.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:00 PM   #3
1-LE

Tire pressure is fine, results below.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2019, 03:14 PM   #4
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Alignment looks pretty good unless something was left loose or bonked huge pothole.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:51 PM   #5
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-LE View Post
Just got a 2018 v6 1le a few months ago, have about 4k miles on it. I was having an issue with alignment,(car goes right when steering wheel at center) so i took it to firestone and had it fixed. Everything was good for about a week or so and then I noticed again that when the wheel is center, the car pulls to the right. When I had the alignment done i made sure they also aligned the steering wheel. So I'm wondering why its out of alignment again..anyone else have this issue? I posted this in the 1le section, just thought id also try in here.
Since the Camaro has EAPS, perhaps all you need is a steering angle reset. That is programmable for the Camaro.

I see your caster angle is a little too positive. Not necessarily a bad thing. And would not be causing your issue since the cross caster is perfect. Is your car lowered?

--KLG--
2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:34 AM   #6
sadpanda

Drives: 2014 ATS 2.0T 6MT
Road crown/tramming ? Some roads or all roads? When it's pulling left, go into a different lane /on coming lane (empty road of course!) and see if it pulls the other way. Does it pull more/less under braking? What tires /wheels? A pothole hit can damage a tire/wheel/hub and result in wonky steering without presenting any other symptoms for a while.
sadpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:48 AM   #7
1-LE

Thanks for the replies, car is not lowered, everything is stock. The car drives straight, but the wheel just angled left. Any idea how to program/reset the steering position? Thanks
Old 03-02-2019, 12:01 PM   #8
pizokk1

Drives: -17 hyper blue 1ss black rims
Okay so i have the same issue but, there is somethin else, when im cruzing at freeway miles if i go traight and lets say im going at 70 or 65 it really doesnt matter, well if i step the the pedal the car just go to the left side and when i let go the pedal go back to the right side, also i notice, since its raining i had two problems where i cant go more than 60 mph because the car just slips to the right side always to the right side i have nittos 555g2 in the rear im not sure if its just the tires, also even if im doing a burnout the car always wants to go to right side, this is getting on my nerves, enyone experiencing this?????, one day i went to the dealer and they said they cant do anything about alingment because its not under warranty, so i took the car to goodyears store and did the alignmet but after that it was all the same
pizokk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:26 PM   #9
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Thanks for the replies, car is not lowered, everything is stock. The car drives straight, but the wheel just angled left. Any idea how to program/reset the steering position? Thanks
A properly done alignment should include centering the wheel. It's a mechanical adjustment, not programming.

But in general, when driving on a crowned two-way road, you will always be steering to the left a bit.

You should head out on the highway and find a stretch where the passing lane is obviously sloped to the left. In that case, you should be steering a bit to the right.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:22 AM   #10
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Resetting the steering angle sensor (SAS) is something that is generally a step in the alignment process.

You access through the OBD2 port. So, you need an alignment machine or a fairly sophisticated diagnostic scan tool.

Firestone or your Chevy dealer should be able to take care of it after you explain the issue.

Although unlikely, it could be an issue with the SAS or the EAPS, but since you don't have any warning lights displayed, that is unlikely.

Good luck with it.
2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote