Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-20-2019, 03:38 PM   #57
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
All good points above but today in the states, you have two types of entitled 16 year olds: One thinks a drivers license is a right and want one now with as little skill as possible, and the other that doesn’t care and wants a new iPhone over a drivers license.

Look at what people in other countries (Germany for example) have to go through to get a license. It makes our system look like a joke.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:17 PM   #58
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfuel View Post
All good points above but today in the states, you have two types of entitled 16 year olds: One thinks a drivers license is a right and want one now with as little skill as possible, and the other that doesn’t care and wants a new iPhone over a drivers license.

Look at what people in other countries (Germany for example) have to go through to get a license. It makes our system look like a joke.
Just watch Canada’s Worst Drivers.
These guys would drive down my road to go to the track that is the Dunnville airport.
It’s truly frightening to see these people actually PASSED!
How in the hell. And they were travelling down my road often. I always recognized the plates on the cars.

Our system here IS a joke.
Just watch some episodes. You’ll see
And, they actually use some cool cars that end up trashed!!!

Edit, they also occasionally used Toronto Motorsports Park also known as Cayuga dragway.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:45 PM   #59
fredz
Just another car Jones!

Drives: black zl11le
FWIW......I bought a car from a dealer, which I will disclose at the end. I bought it from Phoenix and it had 4 miles on it. They as well as here, do not let anyone test drive them...they hate miles on this car being as unique as they are..zl11le. And you would assume, without doubt, the car would be delivered in perfect detailed condition.
Well, I got my car delivered, by enclosed trailer, with 29 miles, 1/2 tank gas, and in absolute CRAP condition!! I cannot emphasize CRAP too much. Dirty, water spots on windows, inside engine bay and places you could only get dirt by being outside and unkept. When it was delivered, I took pics with the trailer in the pic so thy could see at the delivery time how it looked. I took it to my detailer, $700, and it looks fine. But I hammered them on the GM survey sent to me. fast forward...I get this call a week ago from supposedly the manage right below the owner.( why didnt he call a long time ago). He wanted my side of story so he could bring those responsible to light and make things right, if I was indeed honest!. He swore up and down on his mother that ONLY HE watches the delivery and made sure it was 100% detailed with full tank. Finally he determined...1. the driver took it out for a spin. 2, I was lying and it showed up perfect.
Ok ok.ok...so while pics showed it dirty and trailer in pic...then Why in the world would I take a perfect car to my detailer and spend 700. to waste money?? So I said maybe HE WAS LYING. We left it there. today I just called the driver and he, without hesitation said....it was dirty and for them to go look at the dealership video as they should have one. Driver said only a mechanic was present, no mgr. So now I am sending them a followup and say...they obviously lied and trying to make others responsible.
Sorry, my point was........dealers are not so honest as they say they are. They drive the cars, they do things to our cars we would cringe if known.
good luck
fredz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:12 PM   #60
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredz View Post
FWIW......I bought a car from a dealer, which I will disclose at the end. I bought it from Phoenix and it had 4 miles on it. They as well as here, do not let anyone test drive them...they hate miles on this car being as unique as they are..zl11le. And you would assume, without doubt, the car would be delivered in perfect detailed condition.
Well, I got my car delivered, by enclosed trailer, with 29 miles, 1/2 tank gas, and in absolute CRAP condition!! I cannot emphasize CRAP too much. Dirty, water spots on windows, inside engine bay and places you could only get dirt by being outside and unkept. When it was delivered, I took pics with the trailer in the pic so thy could see at the delivery time how it looked. I took it to my detailer, $700, and it looks fine. But I hammered them on the GM survey sent to me. fast forward...I get this call a week ago from supposedly the manage right below the owner.( why didnt he call a long time ago). He wanted my side of story so he could bring those responsible to light and make things right, if I was indeed honest!. He swore up and down on his mother that ONLY HE watches the delivery and made sure it was 100% detailed with full tank. Finally he determined...1. the driver took it out for a spin. 2, I was lying and it showed up perfect.
Ok ok.ok...so while pics showed it dirty and trailer in pic...then Why in the world would I take a perfect car to my detailer and spend 700. to waste money?? So I said maybe HE WAS LYING. We left it there. today I just called the driver and he, without hesitation said....it was dirty and for them to go look at the dealership video as they should have one. Driver said only a mechanic was present, no mgr. So now I am sending them a followup and say...they obviously lied and trying to make others responsible.
Sorry, my point was........dealers are not so honest as they say they are. They drive the cars, they do things to our cars we would cringe if known.
good luck
You’re absolutely right. I don’t trust them, because I’ve been lied to by most of them in new car purchases. The reason I’m apprehensive about miles on the car is the 2012 ZL1 I had was joy ridden by the dealer before I took delivery. It was driven hard and I attributed the noisy rear diff to the initial hard 10 miles it was driven before I took delivery.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:26 PM   #61
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
I got my GMC Canyon with hardly any miles (under 10). My detailer said there was overspray on the front bumper, and when the light was right, I could see suction marks on the windshield that makes me think the windshield was replaced. The detailer said dealers will often fix damage from shipping and sell as new. To me, that was more concerning than a few test drive miles.

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:45 PM   #62
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreSpeed View Post
I got my GMC Canyon with hardly any miles (under 10). My detailer said there was overspray on the front bumper, and when the light was right, I could see suction marks on the windshield that makes me think the windshield was replaced. The detailer said dealers will often fix damage from shipping and sell as new. To me, that was more concerning than a few test drive miles.
Nearly every new car windshield has suction marks, that's how the machine at the plant installs them. If it DIDN'T have suction marks it means it was done by a glass shop since they usually done by hand. Overspray could be mistaken for rail and carrier dust which is very common. Could also be from bed coatings which dealers do in the same area as detail. I highly doubt there was damage since if it's over $500 it has to be disclosed by law.
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:35 PM   #63
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Nearly every new car windshield has suction marks, that's how the machine at the plant installs them. If it DIDN'T have suction marks it means it was done by a glass shop since they usually done by hand. Overspray could be mistaken for rail and carrier dust which is very common. Could also be from bed coatings which dealers do in the same area as detail. I highly doubt there was damage since if it's over $500 it has to be disclosed by law.
Good to know. Thank you!

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:11 PM   #64
GT-ER

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I got mine with 170 miles on it. It was a good deal and I honestly don't care, I survived.
GT-ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:39 PM   #65
DangerZL1

Deal fell through. I was half way there when the sales manager called me back and told me they were using GM cash hoping they’d meet a quota. He said they missed the quota by 6 units and the cash expired yesterday. His normal discounted price was higher than I could get with GMS locally. The deal probably would have been close to $3800 more and I wasn’t prepared to pay more. If I’d of gone last weekend I’d of been able to get the deal. I don’t believe he was lying.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:17 PM   #66
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNNZL1 View Post
Even if you order your car, it will have 8-20 miles on it. If you're looking at one on the lot it can go up due to test drives, so you are good with 14 miles.
mine had 3 off the truck when i ordered it
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:20 PM   #67
DangerZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
mine had 3 off the truck when i ordered it
If no one touches it 3 would be about average. I could have accepted the 14 miles but I’ll order one and break it in on the way home
Old 02-22-2019, 07:22 PM   #68
nicktechla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Really, being able to drive the ZL1 or any other Hyper or near-Hyper-Car should require a special license. You are always only inches of throttle pushing away from your own disaster that may also take out others.
I hope you are kidding
-- Past --
Old 02-22-2019, 07:23 PM   #69
nicktechla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
If no one touches it 3 would be about average. I could have accepted the 14 miles but I’ll order one and break it in on the way home
yeah i don't think it was touched much. I saw them unload it, they didnt even air down the tires during PDI. I drove home and thought it was a bit firm, then realized the tires had like 42psi :o
-- Past --
Old 02-22-2019, 07:45 PM   #70
DangerZL1

I had a stang delivered with over 50. It didn’t take too long to suspect the tires. It rode great after I dropped it to 33