Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 09-20-2018, 11:44 AM   #71
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Sorry i've been MIA. Just settling in to a move. Hopefully getting the spoiler and side skirts on within the month!

Going to have the skirts and current AA splitter wrapped gloss black to match the paint. Make it a little cleaner looking.

I also have a tune incoming at some point this fall so I cannot wait to get that up and running

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:42 AM   #72
whiskeyfed
Pat

Moved in. Side Skirts, splitter and spoiler on hold.

My HPT cable is here. Letting DannyTech work his magic this weekend. Stay tuned! (Pun intended)

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 10-15-2018, 06:51 AM   #73
whiskeyfed
Pat

PHASE 29: DanyTech Tuning

Dany is just finishing up some final touches on the tune!!! Holy smokes this thing effin RIPS now!!! I am coming from a slow 2001 325xi so the jump from that to the stock 4 banger was a jump enough. It literally feels like a different car. It is hard to put into words. This is my first personal experience with a tuned car and I don't think I can ever go back

I am beyond satisfied with Dany's work and his previous tunes with my buddies have spoken for themselves on the strip, on the dynos and by word of mouth.

He is so willing to help and explain everything and deal with my impatience at 9am on a Saturday when I can't wait to get more logs lol. I will be hitting the dyno on Sat. the 20th and the strip on the 21st with Kevin (603camaros).

Update: 10/25/18
Dynoed my car up in New Hampshire with 603Camaros this past weekend. My car made a peak 297whp/374lb/ft. Next pull it made 297/338.

Also brought it to the strip the next day. My best time was a 13.3 @ 103. It was about 40f with basically no humidity. Tires were a little slidey because of the cold weather. My time slips are in the drag section.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4797...7054974490763/

#danytechtuning
Attached Images

Tuned by #danytechtuning

Last edited by whiskeyfed; 10-25-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:26 PM   #74
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
@ 374lb/ft !!! Wow man, grats!

A bit of heat soak on the second pull you think, or?

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:53 PM   #75
whiskeyfed
Pat

PHASE 30: PTP Turbo Blanket & Lava Exhaust Wrap

I would like to officially welcome PTP to the build as a sponsor. I received their LTG direct fit turbo blanket. I am extremely excited to get this installed as I have been put through the ringer for a turbo blanket for a while.

This is a direct fit for the LTG on the Camaro and ATS 2.0.

Shooting for any free time to install.

I also bought their Lava exhaust wrap to wrap the catless downpipe with.

I will have a review of this as well as a video (hopefully on YT) once this goes in. I will also do a before and after temp reading of the engine bay parts.

PTP!

UPDATE:

Video with engine bay temps prior to blanket install...

https://youtu.be/XRMbUwwdxNQ

Tuned by #danytechtuning

Last edited by whiskeyfed; 11-27-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:39 AM   #76
whiskeyfed
Pat

PHASE 31: JacFab Boost-o-Lator (ON-HOLD UNTIL I CAN GET HPTUNERS)

Bought this bad boy and it arrived within a week during the holiday! Kudos to Jason & Jesse!

I did a little unboxing video of the part as a thank you to them for being awesome people that make great stuff that actually works.

VIDEO HERE

I am planning to install this as soon as I have time. Unfortunately, I will need to figure out a tuning hardware solution as my impatience has come back to bite me in the ass and I am without an HPTuners.

UPDATE!

Installed on 1/6/19

I did an installation video for you jack knobs (which should show up below).

Whole install took about 40ish minutes. Word to the wise, don't try and do this right after you have driven. i burned some hair off my fingers and actually burned my right pointer finger through my mechanix gloves on the bolts.

Only tools you need are a flathead (to take off the intake) and a 5mm allen key (try to find a t handle).

Tuned by #danytechtuning

Last edited by whiskeyfed; 01-07-2019 at 07:06 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:42 AM   #77
whiskeyfed
Pat

PHASE 32: ZZP Front Mount Intercooler Kit

Snagged this INSANE deal on Cyber Monday and got the Camaro Kit for $400 .

I really have no idea when this will be installed. I was not planning on even thinking about buying one until next summer.

The lack of tools, space and daylight is really killing me and I sincerely apologize for those of you waiting for updates from me.

Tuned by #danytechtuning

Last edited by whiskeyfed; 02-13-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:24 AM   #78
whiskeyfed
Pat

UPDATE TIME!!!!

Item 1: HPTuners MPVI2 - I picked this up a couple weeks ago on a whim because I needed to be able to mess with my tune once these new parts go on. Bought it from ZZP with 4 credits.

Item 2: PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap - Bought this shortly after I bought my catless downpipe. Link to a video I did of the wrap process HERE. I was a total amateur with this and didn't soak the wrap beforehand which was recommended after the install.

Item 3/4: Side Skirts & Spoiler Install - Finally was able to get the AA Side Skirts and AA Spoiler installed this past week. They look awesome and totally change the "stance" of the car. The skirts make it look way lower and the spoiler adds that flair I was looking for. Some pics below (sorry for the size if they are huge). We did not wrap the splitter because we are under the impression that the vinyl may not bond well to the plastic. We sanded with 800 paper.

Item 5: Catless Downpipe - Bought this from an IG friend a few weeks ago and it will be installed today! Going to have some catless logs on the way home to send to DanyTech for alterations.

MOVING FORWARD: I plan to have the turbo blanket and JacFab BOL installed sometime within the next week, weather permitting. I have been away from home for about a week and a half so my car did not take priority upon return.
Attached Images

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 12-18-2018, 02:25 AM   #79
theCATALYST
@V3NOM.SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Looking real good @whiskeyfed
American Authority - ZL1 Conversion Front Bumper, ZL1 Hood, ZL1 Cannards, ZL1 Side Skirts, ZL1 inspired Hood, Rear Valance w/ Diffuser, darkened LED side markers, C7 Fender Vents, 1/4 Window Scoops, Fuel Lid, Tow Hook
Vertini 20x10.5/20x9.5 RF1.1 Gloss Black wheels
R1Concepts Geomet Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Barke Pads
Mishimoto - Cold Air Intake (RED), Catch Can (RED)
BMR - Strut Tower Brace (RED)
GM Darkened Taillights, ZL1 1LE 3rd Brake Light[/SIZE]
theCATALYST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:07 AM   #80
whiskeyfed
Pat

Updated Boost-O-Lator post with install info and install video!

Enjoy!

Need to wait for an overnight sit before I do the turbo blanket. I let the car sit for almost 3 hours yesterday and the turbo still burned me.

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 02-13-2019, 01:31 PM   #81
whiskeyfed
Pat

PHASE 33: 72mm Throttle Body Kit

Excited to see some better throttle response and maybe even a little performance out of this thing. Stock throttle body is 59mm. I will likely be waiting until i install the FMIC to put this on. It is still cold, snowy and shitty where I live so those will be installed sometime this early spring (hopefully).
Attached Images

Tuned by #danytechtuning

Last edited by whiskeyfed; 02-14-2019 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:43 PM   #82
whiskeyfed
Pat

Having some alleged turbo issues... Sounds like a loud ass cricket under the heat shield. Car runs absolutely perfect. Even in the logs that have been "OK'd" by someone I trust.

Only hear the sound at idle. Happens about 70-80% of the time. Dealership could not replicate the issue when I brought it in for service (obviously).

Trying to fix this before anything else goes on.

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 04-08-2019, 04:22 PM   #83
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
Having some alleged turbo issues... Sounds like a loud ass cricket under the heat shield. Car runs absolutely perfect. Even in the logs that have been "OK'd" by someone I trust.

Only hear the sound at idle. Happens about 70-80% of the time. Dealership could not replicate the issue when I brought it in for service (obviously).

Trying to fix this before anything else goes on.
Did you check all your downpipe welds? When mine separated from the flange the turbo made all kinds of strange never heard before noises and you are running where my power was when it decided to have an issue.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:07 AM   #84
whiskeyfed
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Did you check all your downpipe welds? When mine separated from the flange the turbo made all kinds of strange never heard before noises and you are running where my power was when it decided to have an issue.
I'm game for checking anything at this point... The one issue i have with this is that it sounds rotational and also relative to the throttle or lack thereof. It only happens at idle and it sounds like it is coming directly from the turbo. Ill tell you what though, it could be the top flange...

Here is a video of what it sounds like.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8dKEV76xDXPiZWz27

If you can't access it, i'll text it to you if you want.

Tuned by #danytechtuning