Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wildhammer Motorsports

Old 02-06-2017, 08:20 PM   #15
MR 45TH

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB911 View Post
only the wheels. I wasted over a month on this whole thing with GM customer service
You had better luck than I did working with GM customer care. I was told I can't have the OEM wheels because these cars are shipped with throw away wheels until they get to the dealer at which point the dealer installed the optional wheels.
C7 Carbon ZL1 Side Skirt
BMR Suspension

MR 45TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:14 PM   #16
ScottyB911

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashu74 View Post
Customer care is a joke IMO. Kinda sucks but your best bet is to put this behind you as hard as it may be get the car detailed and just try to enjoy it. Give the dealer bad reviews on the various social sites and consumer review sites. Honestly I think anything else would probably just be a waste of your time and add more stress to your life with no resolve. I think it's pretty clear that GM doesn't give two f's about keeping its customers satisfied. I will be looking at other manufacturers for my next new car and will suggest the same to my friends and family.
Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at now...

It's not really GM's fault since they cant really "force" the dealerships to do anything...and the "stress" this has caused is an understatement.

You're correct...there's nothing else to do at this point. Trying to take legal action or anything else would cost me more than it would the dealership. I did refinance it through USAA though...the dealer financed me through Wells Fargo Dealer Services who is apparently notorious for screwing over buyers.

I am concerned about the paint though. I went over it with clay bar and ran a buffer over it with Meguiar's fine cut cleaner and it didn't make a bit of difference. Going to try medium cleaner and if that doesn't work I may need a professional to wet sand it.

Scotty B
ScottyB911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #17
ScottyB911

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR 45TH View Post
You had better luck than I did working with GM customer care. I was told I can't have the OEM wheels because these cars are shipped with throw away wheels until they get to the dealer at which point the dealer installed the optional wheels.
Yep...dealer told me that too. Although the fact that the dealer advertised the car on their website with the standard wheels in all the photos made it a bit hard to claim they never actually had them.

Scotty B
ScottyB911 is offline   Reply With Quote