Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2022, 08:17 PM   #29
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Same over here in WI. 76 today. That’ll end on Monday and back to a high of 50ish. Grab ‘em while ya can!
Any chance you can post a link to your SS trunk badge. I'd like to get 3 white SS badges to get rid of the trunk bowtie and the fender CAMARO scripts.
Or if you could, give me the measurements of the badge so I know what size to look for

Thanks
Old 10-24-2022, 07:41 PM   #30
LT1Zob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Both of my cars have made a little noise, more like the clutches in the Posi being slightly bound up when the oil is cold. As soon as they get some heat in them everything works fine with no noise or binding. Maybe I should change my oil too…
Update for you Aqua. I did a few more figure 8s and put a couple hundred miles on the car over the weekend. It has definitely quieted down considerably. Still a bit noticeable when cold, but moving in the right direction since I swapped the fluid Friday night.
Old 10-25-2022, 06:22 PM   #31
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Thanks man, definitely gonna add that to list of stuff to do this winter. I’m sure it is the factory fill and getting closer to 14 years old now, even though it’s got stupid low miles.
Ya but it does break down. I wasa non believer because the oil was only 4 years old.But it worked great .
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 07:34 PM   #32
LT1Zob

Second update. The grinding in the rear when cold was better after the Royal Purple last weekend, but wasn’t going away completely. Dumped it this morning. Filled with AC Delco synthetic 75 90, plus the 4oz limited slip. Did about 10 figure 8s at a local high school parking lot. No more grind.
Old 10-29-2022, 08:44 PM   #33
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Zob View Post
Update for you Aqua. I did a few more figure 8s and put a couple hundred miles on the car over the weekend. It has definitely quieted down considerably. Still a bit noticeable when cold, but moving in the right direction since I swapped the fluid Friday night.
Bad ass looking car by the way!!! Looks great after getting it cleaned up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
Ya but it does break down. I wasa non believer because the oil was only 4 years old.But it worked great .
Thanks for the updates/input gentleman. Gonna get this did over the winter. Need to get a couple bottles of the acdelco friction modifier for the SS and Iroc-Z both.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 09:41 PM   #34
13hotwheels

Drives: 2010 Hennessey HPE550 #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Zob View Post
Yes Sir. For us northerners, this is amazing. Can’t wait, I’ll be moving south in about 3 year. At least that’s the hope. But family dictates all of that ultimately.
And friends
2010 Hennessey HPE550 #19
13hotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 10:22 PM   #35
LT1Zob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13hotwheels View Post
And friends
True