Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-28-2021, 08:45 PM   #71
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Why the pissing match guys? They're all Camaros. We'll all be hanging out at Camarofest next week enjoying all the Camaros.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:52 PM   #72
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Not disagreeing the 5G is a decent package for its time, but lost that muscle car look & blends with all the other cars is complete nonsense.

For the record I said I think it’s meh now. The 6gen, well, before the dodge front end fiasco, takes everything those cars were & simply refined the look, feel, handling, chassis, suspension & interior to another level.
If its a better overall car....why has it sunk to dead last of the 3 and has raised concerns about it being discontinued? Aside from the die hards joe public doesn't care about the Camaro...and thats sad to see and hard to explain. Especially after the huge success of the 5th gen.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:55 PM   #73
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Zob View Post
Why the pissing match guys? They're all Camaros. We'll all be hanging out at Camarofest next week enjoying all the Camaros.
True...but I will be battling my 6th gen buddies at the track this fri...this is just getting me used to the abuse I will take there....until I win a few.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Old 06-29-2021, 12:02 AM   #74
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
If its a better overall car....why has it sunk to dead last of the 3 and has raised concerns about it being discontinued? Aside from the die hards joe public doesn't care about the Camaro...and thats sad to see and hard to explain. Especially after the huge success of the 5th gen.
So... S2000 and Viper are terrible cars because they are discontinued? Is that what you are trying to say? The list of "great cars that are discontinued because everyone wants an SUV or a pickup truck" is far bigger than those two cars, BTW.

I don't get it. If you want to talk about the performance, stick with the performance. If you want to talk about the sales, stick with the sales. Don't do this nonsense that tries to mix the two together.

Quote:
I tried, but the nonsensical arguments are driving me nuts. As tired as some of us are from seeing it, at least Number 3's "5th Gen is a better Coupe while 6th Gen is a better Camaro" makes sense to me.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:34 AM   #75
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
Because the Gen 6, as has been over & over stated by the GM engineers that designed it, was for purists. People willing to see past certain shortcomings to have the best overall package that GM could produce in this market segment & price range given all the oversight that comes from a major car manufacturer & gubment. I couldn’t give two shits what Volvo driving soccer mom, Soy boi Beemer bro or Outback lovin’ LGBTBBQ’s think about the matter, or the rest of the world. Most people are mindless drones that are incapable of the slightest independent thought.

Look man, I’ve been appreciative of the Camaro/ Firebird vintage since I was a little kid. I remember when I first rode in my uncles new 86 IROC Z. As an 11yr old I loved that car. It was so cool to me then.

Then I remember the Mustang busting 93 Z28’s as I was graduating from high school thinking they were a technical marvel with the LT1. At the time I had a 80 Trans Am I built a 400 Pontiac for. Before that I had a 77 Firebird with a 350 Pontiac.

After that the LS motors came out & when I got to flow bench a prototype set of LS1 heads & I knew it was a game changer. Almost bought a 99 WS6 TA off the showroom floor.

I felt a pit in my stomach when I heard they were discontinuing them & felt rejoice when the Gen 5 was announced.

Then I was blessed enough to own an 18 1SS which led to me getting my ZL1.

So you see, my love for these cars spans over 3 decades. At the same time I understand how a 3rd Gen is better than a 2nd Gen, how a 4th Gen is better than a 3rd Gen & so on & so forth, including how a 6the Gen is better than a 5th Gen.

That’s the reality of the evolution of the name plate. To think otherwise is willful cognitive dissidence.

Last edited by gtfoxy; 06-29-2021 at 01:45 AM.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 05:02 AM   #76
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Looks are so subjective. Dude thows out a total troll comment and it hit a nerve. We heard all this crap before how the 14s look better than the 13s or vise versa. It's the same thing 5th gen vs 6th gen. People are going to like what they own and justify why theirs is better than yours. Be happy with what YOU own.

As for performance, I know MY 1LE will run side by side with an auto 6th gen with the same mods and run an better or identical time on an autocross course. Whoever posted that the stock 6th gen v6 will beat a stock 5th gen v8..... you are beyond high.

I really have no skin in this because I own a 13 SS 1LE and have a 22 SS 1LE A10 on order. Clearly I like both.

To answer OPs questions. I agree with the other 90% here. v6 if remaining stock. I4 if modding. My mother's Cadillac XT5 has the LFX A7. My equinox has the LTG A9 so thats what I'm basing my opinion off of.

Last edited by CamaroDreams76; 06-29-2021 at 05:13 AM.
CamaroDreams76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:44 AM   #77
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
So... S2000 and Viper are terrible cars because they are discontinued? Is that what you are trying to say? The list of "great cars that are discontinued because everyone wants an SUV or a pickup truck" is far bigger than those two cars, BTW.

I don't get it. If you want to talk about the performance, stick with the performance. If you want to talk about the sales, stick with the sales. Don't do this nonsense that tries to mix the two together.

I tried, but the nonsensical arguments are driving me nuts. As tired as some of us are from seeing it, at least Number 3's "5th Gen is a better Coupe while 6th Gen is a better Camaro" makes sense to me.
Im not saying the 6th gen isnt better. Its the current gen. And as with all current gen cars it should be an improvement over the previous gen. I have friends with these cars and are around them all the time. In fact the 2021 Lt1 with the rs package is a very nice car. I think the original poster got my going by portraying the 5th gen as basically a terrible car. I apologize to anyone I may have ruffled their feathers.
Old 06-29-2021, 09:10 AM   #78
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
drove them both,and in some ways the 6th is better.however im 6 ft 2,230# and it feels cramped compared to the 5th gen.but if i was 5ft 7 and 150 pounds i might have felt differently.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 11:08 AM   #79
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
No electric for me thanks. Prices are just nuts on everything now, but that also explains my very healthy profit on my 2010. Ran across a local car buddy that knows of an original owner, 24k mile 15 LT manual. The guy apparently wants a very reasonable price vs the insanity today. But a 4th 5th gen? "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"
Seriously though, I really want a 6th gen, so unless I can't pass up his price, I'll keep looking for a 6th gen
Quote:
Thanks for all of the comments everyone. Looks like I’ll be getting my 5th gen #4 next week. The 6th just wasn’t in the cards for me this time.
If I'd seen this thread sooner, I'd have strongly suggested sampling throttle response in off-boost conditions especially given that you want the manual transmission. Like Clyde said, tip-in response tends to be soft before those 2.0 liters start getting some positive manifold pressure help.

That said, some turbo-4 setups are significantly better than others. We're on our second turbo-4 car (both Subarus, both with manual transmissions, but some aspects of turbocharging are inherent to the device). Without going into details, our second one is much improved response-wise over the first one. But it can still be caught off boost.

I think you're going to end up more pleased with the choice you made than you would have with the choice you didn't.

Norm
Old 06-29-2021, 12:34 PM   #80
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
If I'd seen this thread sooner, I'd have strongly suggested sampling throttle response in off-boost conditions especially given that you want the manual transmission. Like Clyde said, tip-in response tends to be soft before those 2.0 liters start getting some positive manifold pressure help.

That said, some turbo-4 setups are significantly better than others. We're on our second turbo-4 car (both Subarus, both with manual transmissions, but some aspects of turbocharging are inherent to the device). Without going into details, our second one is much improved response-wise over the first one. But it can still be caught off boost.

I think you're going to end up more pleased with the choice you made than you would have with the choice you didn't.

Norm

The 2.0T Camaro definitely suffers from poor throttle response. All of the 6th gen Camaros are slow to respond to throttle inputs for that matter, but the turbo only compounds the issue. There are things you can do to improve it, but you have to be willing to mod the car, and it still won't be great.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote