Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-05-2023, 01:22 PM   #1
db2022cs

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
What should I worry about dealer with new car delivery

So I just put a deposit down on a 23 2ss 1le. It's still in transit and it won't be arriving until next weekend. What are some things I should be concerned with when the dealership gets my new car off the truck? I am already going to tell them off the bat, to not wash the car or detail it. I'm pretty sure the state it is arriving is not a front plate state but I will make sure that isn't an issue. I have also noticed some dealerships forget to take off the spring risers in the front to assist with getting on and off the truck. I'm going to be getting temporary PPF/track wrap for the front of the car as it's a decent trek back home after picking it up. Then I will get the front end wrapped in PPF. Am I missing anything else to let the dealership know not to mess with when they get the car? I have never dealt with a GM dealership, only Hyundai(which isn't great) so am I missing anything I should know about? Thanks.
db2022cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:48 PM   #2
PostalLDMC

Drives: 2022 2LT RS Convertible
It sounds like you're planning to do all the right stuff. But at the same time, it sounds a little over kill. It's seams bad to put on a front cover and it's still dirty from the shipping. I would make sure all the front spoiler and side skirts are bolted on right. My RS has the side skirts that they didn't screw on under the bottom and flew off at 60 MPH. it sounded like a zipper going down, they didn't hit the car but took 2 more weeks to get the parts. Make sure they don't put on their dealer sticker on the back like you see on some cars. Other just enjoy the CAMARO. Down your way you see lots of pollen too.

PostalLDMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 02:06 PM   #3
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by db2022cs View Post
I'm pretty sure the state it is arriving is not a front plate state but I will make sure that isn't an issue.
The front plate brackets don't require drilling for 2019+. I just put mine on this past weekend. But if your state doesn't require it, no point in putting it on.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 02:36 PM   #4
db2022cs

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalLDMC View Post
It sounds like you're planning to do all the right stuff. But at the same time, it sounds a little over kill. It's seams bad to put on a front cover and it's still dirty from the shipping. I would make sure all the front spoiler and side skirts are bolted on right. My RS has the side skirts that they didn't screw on under the bottom and flew off at 60 MPH. it sounded like a zipper going down, they didn't hit the car but took 2 more weeks to get the parts. Make sure they don't put on their dealer sticker on the back like you see on some cars. Other just enjoy the CAMARO. Down your way you see lots of pollen too.

Yeah, maybe a bit overkill, in regards to the front temp PPF. That is something I may not do but I kind of want to get it to a PPF place before the 300 mile trip home. What will the dealership have to install once the car arrives? Is it all the 1LE bits? Spoiler, front lip, side skirts? Anything else? I look forward to getting the car, and yeah the pollen gets insane! The car is getting PPF up front and also full ceramic coating.
db2022cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 03:15 PM   #5
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
What the weather like, rain alone will trash your undercarriage, have your car transported on a flatbed,the $500 is well worth it, then you can detail paint correct, ceramic coat and PPF, not unless your car is an all year driver. Then just drive it and not worry.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:15 PM   #6
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
Give it a walk around, sign the paperwork and hit the road. Did that with 2 Corvettes. Flew up to Kerbeck, they picked me up at the airport, took me to the dealership I gave the car a once over signed and hopped in and drove 1,000 miles back to Florida straight through. Only stopping for gas and grub. The other Corvette I drove straight through up to Charlotte (500 miles) on Black Friday. Again once over, confirmed trade, signed and hit the road. Back in Florida same day. And was at the Daytona Turkey Run at 8 am Saturday with my 32 Ford. I don't obsess even though I keep my vehicles nice. Us ol' street rodders call stone chips badges of honor. Not that I want them but they happen and they aren't that big of a deal in the big picture.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:23 PM   #7
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
NC doesn't require a front plate. Make sure they leave the plate bracket in the trunk.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 03:39 PM   #8
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Side skirts may be part of the 1LE package now, but they weren't when I bought my 1LE. Ditto on the dealer sticker. Easy enough to get off, but keeping it off in the first place would be better.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 03:52 PM   #9
Classic Muscle

Drives: 22 SS 1LE
Might want to protect the front of the rear fenders as well. The 1LE tires tend to throw rocks back there and might be more prone to chipping in that area than catching something on the front end. At least you can keep your distance to help mitigate rock chips on the front.
Classic Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 04:24 PM   #10
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
As others have said inspect the car before taking delivery. And of course ask them to leave off the dealership decal. I also installed rock guards and a nose mask on my car for the drive home. I had already purchased a set of ACS rock guards and a Novistretch mask prior to taking delivery of my 1LE. I wanted as much protection as I could get for the 225 mile drive home.

Name:  20220220_115554.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  208.5 KB
Attached Images

2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 04:48 PM   #11
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Make sure they don't fill the tank with regular. Many dealers don't have premium on the premises.

That was the case with my dealer, so I told him to put in just 2 gallons and I drove with a light foot to a gas station and filled up with premium.

Maybe someone with first hand knowledge can comment about whether it's ok to put a protective material on new paint, or let it cure for a couple of months first.

I don't get the aversion to dealer decals or badges. I'm dating myself here, recalling how much fun it was to check these out to find out what town the car was from when we were kids. I've never asked a dealer to leave off their tag.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 06:09 PM   #12
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
The front plate bracket is shipped in the trunk and is dealer-installed in the appropriate states. Your dealer probably won't install it if you live in a non-front-plate state, but you can ask that they don't just to make sure.

Ask them not to install or "apply" ANY dealer logos (unless you want to advertise for free for them!)

Other (good) advice already given!

Congrats and enjoy your new hotrod!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 06:34 PM   #13
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalLDMC View Post

Valid point on the temporary PPF, but for the long drive OP has, I would rather risk some light scratches or swirl marks from the temporary wrap rather than have rock chips from no protection. Paint correction prior to PPF should take care of the light scratches.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 07:12 PM   #14
pwj155

Drives: Chevy Equinox, Radiant Red LT1
I like what ZPirate did with the splash guards and i also like the track wrap idea. My dealer is about 3hrs away so I think this is my plan.
pwj155 is offline   Reply With Quote