Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 02-13-2021, 02:22 PM   #29
Kemo Savy
Banned

Drives: Make it a 6 speed in SS trim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Ford also working with police across the nation regarding a police version of this vehicle...it will be called the Ford Crown Victor-E-a.����

Yep...also here they are coming out with a bare bones basic model of this car for those on a small budget. Only available color of black....they will call it...the Ford Model-E.

Last edited by Kemo Savy; 02-13-2021 at 02:23 PM. Reason: dd
Kemo Savy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 02:28 PM   #30
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo Savy View Post
Yep...also here they are coming out with a bare bones basic model of this car for those on a small budget. Only available color of black....they will call it...the Ford Model-E.
An off road 4x4 version also in the works...they will call it...the Ford Bronc-E.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 03:04 PM   #31
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
And the funny thing is, it's not even a good SUV because the ground clearance is very low. Jason from Engineering Explained repeatedly mentioned this in his review of the Mach-E. Ford touts the Mach-E handles like a car. Yeah no crap, it has the ground clearance of one, of course it will.

So it's not as sleek as car, and it's a horrible SUV that will get stuck more easily. Good job, Fix Or Repair Daily.

Make a hatchback or wagon out of it if you aren't gonna have good ground clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Ford knows they are poaching the Mustang name this new CUV, SUV, Crossover, or whatever it is...It is no more a Mustang than the man in the moon, and they know it.

CUV's and SUVs are what sells...and they didn't want to build something running the risk of being just lost in the crowd. Smart move for marketing and publicity calling it a Mustang, but it is anything but a Mustang.

I think it does preview what will become of the Camaro. If the Mach E is a success, you bet GM will do the same with the Camaro.
Can't find it now but there was an article that surveyed actual people who are looking to buy SUVs/CUVs and even most of them think it's stupid to use the Mustang name for an SUV.

So no, even the marketing is bad.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 03:46 PM   #32
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
My guess is they are toying with making Mustang a brand not just a model. Same with Bronco.

GM has on and off toyed with doing that with Corvette.

It's all about the $$$
They have flat out said as much. F150, Mustang, and Bronco are sub brands and will all have multiple variants. They said that there would be a 4 door Mustang. Not sure if this is it or if the rumored 2028 Mustang EV will be a 4-dr.

Remember back in the good ole days when damn near every Oldsmobile model had Cutlass in the name? Cutlass Supreme, Cutlass Classic, Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Ciera, etc.

Sure, calling the Mach E a Mustang has pissed off a lot of Mustang owners. Let me explain why Ford doesn’t or shouldn’t care. Who is the target market for Mach E? It is NOT current Mustang owners. It is not future Mustang coupe owners. It’s people who would love to own a Mustang but can’t because of kids and/or not having discretionary income to spend on an extra vehicle. So, if you can be a vehicle that handles all your gotta do stuff and has a fairly sporty appearance, why not? Worked for Cayenne and Macan. Even for Jaguars utilities.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 02-13-2021 at 07:51 PM.
Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 06:43 PM   #33
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Electric Pinto
Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:08 PM   #34
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
They have flat out said as much. F150, Mustang, and Bronco are sub brands and will all have multiple variants. They said that there would be a 4 door Mustang. Not sure if this is it or if the rumored 2028 Mustang EV will be a 4-dr.

Remember back in the good ole days when damn near every Oldsmobile model had Cutlass in the name? Cutlass Supreme, Cutlass Classic, Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Ciera, etc.

Sure, calling the Mach E a Mustang has pissed off a lot of Mustang owners. Let me explain why Ford doesn’t or shouldn’t care. Who is the target market for Mach E? It is NOT current Mustang owners. It is not future Mustang coupe owners. It’s people who would love to own a Mustang but can’t because of kids and/or not having discretionary income to spend on an extra vehicle. So, if you can be a vehicle that handles all your gotta do stuff and has a fairly sporty appearance, why not? Worked for Cayenne and Macan. Even for Jaguars utilities.
Yeah, "sporty".

If that's what they are going for, it would have been shaped like a wagon, not a Shitty Uninteresting Vehicle.

Again, ground clearance. The one thing that defines an SUV, it fails at.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:50 PM   #35
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Our unknown jinx has nailed it as usual. This is nothing but brand prostitution on Ford's part, and "fairly sporty" appereance is quite the stretch when used with an SUV (yeah, I know what the S stands for, which is already funny on its own).

Take away the taillights and the horse on the front, there is absolutely nothing even distinguishable, let alone interesting or unique in the Mach-E.

Not sure if you were serious about the Cayenne or the Macan, those are in the same me-too ugly category. The Taycan, though... now if you called that one sporty, that I do see and even agree for the most part, it's the best electric car I've seen so far.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:24 PM   #36
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Ford knows they have an audience that will buy absolutely anything with a pony emblem. It's been proven over the decades with all the garbage mustangs they've sold regardless of quality and performance.

The Mach E does make it easy for Chevy to design a much better looking Camaro...that would probably still sell less.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 01:40 AM   #37
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Mustang Mach E

This ain’t for the pony crowd. It’s for the tesla crowd. Younger buyers will flock to this and they’re using a name that people know.

The 2dr v8 is dying. We that appreciate it are a very small segment who don’t really matter. It is however smart marketing by Ford to evolve. Give a gen z’er a electric car that’ll do 0-60 in4-5 seconds and they’ll take all day over the Camaro.

Most Mustang, Camaro and challenger drivers are over 35. When the cars we love die out well either hang on too are old ones or adapt to an E car.

Chevy sold less tha 30k camaro’s... how many of those V8’s? Maybe 10,000? The v4/6 crowd will easily accept other cars.

Car companies are not gonna cater to that small of a segment.

I don’t see it as a Mustang

I’m not defending the Mach E..... not a fan.

But those who think it’s bad to take a car with an iconic name that will disappear as we know and appreciate it and re imagine it..... well maybe a reason why we don’t own car companies.

I also think the Blazer is ugly as the mach E and those sold over 100,000......

They gotta adapt, evolve or die.

And before you’ll wanna get mad at me I may one day have to drive an electric car everyday but i’ll always have Veronica in my garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:38 AM   #38
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
These are things that happen once men let their other halves buy vehicles.....
Ahh yes, the "Secretary's" car.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:29 AM   #39
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Yeah, "sporty".

If that's what they are going for, it would have been shaped like a wagon, not a Shitty Uninteresting Vehicle.

Again, ground clearance. The one thing that defines an SUV, it fails at.

Naw, this was too easy. What are people buying today? (People, not enthusiasts and auto mag writers). Sport utilities and crossovers. You go where the high volume market is standing in line waving money. Sport utilities and crossovers.

As far as ground clearance, that is not a defining feature for SUVs. There is much debate within the industry over what are the differences between SUV and CUV. If it can confidently go off road, it’s an SUV. But most SUVs, capable or not, never go off road, just like most track cars never make it to the track. How many Explorers and Tahoe’s actually go off-road? But both are classified as SUV. Think of Mach E as a smaller, sportier electric version of Explorer. Which, by the way, sells a helluva lot more than Mustang.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 02-14-2021 at 07:40 AM.
Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:10 AM   #40
ste1n

Drives: 2019 2SS
Thing is why would anybody choose this over Tesla Model Y?

Premium trim with awd and extended battery 270 miles range and 0-60 4.8 sec costs $54,700.

Tesla Model Y Long range 326 miles range 0-60 4.8 sec costs $49,990.

For $54,990 you can buy a Model 3 performance. 315 miles range 0-60 3.1 sec. This one is even a better bargain.
ste1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:20 AM   #41
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Naw, this was too easy. What are people buying today? (People, not enthusiasts and auto mag writers). Sport utilities and crossovers. You go where the high volume market is standing in line waving money. Sport utilities and crossovers.
I don’t entirely agree. They can’t make C8 Corvettes fast enough. Other than the handful of high volume nationwide dealers like Crisswell, Coughlin, Maculkin, etc, most dealers are marking them up a minimum $10k, and as much as $40k on the coasts. AND people are paying it.

The rumored “E-Ray” is supposed to be bonkers fast and it’s not an SUV.

The only evolutional debate on the C8 thus far is the tragic lack of a manual transmission. Though the C7 manual take rate was close to 29%, GM chose to cater to the majority who can’t drive a manual. UnknownJinx and I have seen the “debate” over there and it’s snide and nasty. Some debating that the DCT is a manual trans (Facepalm).

I could care less where Ford goes with the Mustang Mach-E-thingy. I’ve seen it in person, and it’s a blatant Tesla rip off that has nothing to do with the Mustang heritage. Tragically the folks who want a Tesla will not lower themselves to a Ford. What concerns me is GM seeing this and believing “This is the way”.

Clearly after the release of their elephant jumping off a cliff logo, they believe it.
Attached Images

Big Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:30 AM   #42
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJR8402 View Post
If they'd called it anything else I would be a fan- it actually seems like a really cool vehicle, but it's just not a Mustang. Why not use the Bronco name for this?
It's really not a full-on SUV.

I've always thought that names based on the Fusion or even the Taurus would have been more appropriate. Even Mach E (by itself) would have been "less unacceptable".

Norm