Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-24-2015, 11:01 PM   #15
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
No it won't, and don't worry about boost at all.

Look at all the shops in Utah, Colorado, New Mexico that do 800rwhp stock motor cars all the time, they all have 25-30% correction factors.

Last edited by Unreal; 01-24-2015 at 11:21 PM.
Unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:20 PM   #16
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreksnot View Post
I want to run 91 pump gas and be tuned safely to do so. Don't want to mess with meth.

The Hammerhead with 3.73 gear is installed. Problem with the 1pc driveshaft requiring a quick return to fix. I hope I'm on the road next week sometime.
Me either. When you need Meth still escapes me. I know you need enough fuel. So I have the ZL1 pump and the ADM controller.

Right now @ 10 pounds at sea level I am safe. Any general rule of thumb where you run out gas and/or need meth with the AGP kits?

So if dresknot goes big and then brought his car to Atco he would have to back off on the boost? The other way around I would just lose power.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:26 PM   #17
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
Next task is to find a tuner that will do it around here. The past tuners I've had were the ones who've got me paranoid. Talked about not exceeding 7-9# boost on my LS3, definitely don't go past 10# with my stock internals. This is weird being "instructed" that I can crank the boost. I have seen information that speaks in HP, and the engine limits though those stages of HP. It does make sense. But in order to get to those HP limits, I would have to really exceed the earlier tuners expertise/recommendations and add 5-7# additional boost on top.

But, if I understand correctly, boost won't blow things like head gaskets or ring blow-by. It's the power levels. Real RWHP being produced (the uncorrected number).

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote