Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #155
tohper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Well new story last night. Picked up my car from shop after the new halos/grill install. Sitting at a red light in town. A mustang on the cross street drives by look its a V8. So I just go on about my business. Couple minutes go by. He was waiting a block down. As I pass him he starts pulling out and reving his engine. Then dumps the clutch spinning his tires everytime I turn. Last time he did this he caught some loose gravel on the road. Started fish taling, frist one way, then the other, then hops the curb and finally comes to a stop in someone's yard. Not sure if he did any damage or not to his car. But thought this was funny. I bet next time. He doesn't do this.
Body-removed stock decals had painted in inferno orange
tohper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #156
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2019 Black 2SS

Great story and great job getting your thread back on track!

rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #157
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
Well since my story is the one that got this thread totally off course (which was not my intention) I just want to add some details that will straighten up this gun debate...

I've read through this thread and people are using the phrase "car jacking" which could not be further from the truth. I never once feared for my life, nor did I think that these guys where going to steal my car. They where just stupid 17 year old high school kids who felt like bad asses. I was in a very nice part of town, so these kids where just spoiled jerks who felt like they could do whatever the wanted.

No one told me or suggested to me that I should get a CC permit. I said that I wanted to get one when I was turned 21 but this is by no means the reason why I want one.
Umm, you sure no one suggested that this story was a good reason to get a cc??
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #158
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by tohper View Post
Well new story last night. Picked up my car from shop after the new halos/grill install. Sitting at a red light in town. A mustang on the cross street drives by look its a V8. So I just go on about my business. Couple minutes go by. He was waiting a block down. As I pass him he starts pulling out and reving his engine. Then dumps the clutch spinning his tires everytime I turn. Last time he did this he caught some loose gravel on the road. Started fish taling, frist one way, then the other, then hops the curb and finally comes to a stop in someone's yard. Not sure if he did any damage or not to his car. But thought this was funny. I bet next time. He doesn't do this.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #159
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Once again, you miss my entire point... two points, actually:

1. As it turned out, Aubrey's experience did not elevate to a "dangerous" situation (thank God). But it could have. You don't know those punks and (apparently) neither did she. None of us knows what they could be capable of. "Be prepared" isn't just for Boy Scouts anymore - today's society requires it.

2. Had Aubrey been wearing a holstered pistol in plain sight, chances are very high that the punks never would have messed with her or her car in the first place.

READ CAREFULLY NOW:

The above two points are the only point(s) I was making in my original post - and I quote: "Good reason to have a CC permit". I never suggested Aubrey draw down on the punks and leave bloody body parts strewn all over the parking lot. Anyone who is correctly trained in firearms usage, would know that is the last thing you would ever want to do.
It's my understanding that a "CC" means concealed carry, so in order for said punks to see the weapon that was concealed, it would need to be brandished or produced, which is a threat on ones life during an altercation.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #160
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle SS View Post
Umm, you sure no one suggested that this story was a good reason to get a cc??
He didnt suggest it, he said "good reason to have a CC" not "you should get a CC"
Old 08-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #161
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Quote:
He didnt suggest it, he said "good reason to have a CC" not "you should get a CC"
Not sure how conversations work in your neck of the woods, but if I'm talking about something(punk ass kids), and someone tells me that that something is a good reason to have something else(a CC), it's implied that I should at the very least consider getting that something else for situations like that. He didnt mention it for his benefit, he shared the idea with you, as a suggestion. "Good reason to have" implies "you should consider getting", or he just talks about random off-topic things all the time, which I doubt.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #162
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
It's my understanding that a "CC" means concealed carry, so in order for said punks to see the weapon that was concealed, it would need to be brandished or produced, which is a threat on ones life during an altercation.
In Georgia, if you have a CC (or CCW, if you prefer) permit, it allows you to conceal your weapon... but you do not have to. When I carry (which is not often), my pistol is in a belt holster in plain site. That is what I have referred to in this "discussion". Don't know about other states.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #163
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Not sure how conversations work in your neck of the woods, but if I'm talking about something(punk ass kids), and someone tells me that that something is a good reason to have something else(a CC), it's implied that I should at the very least consider getting that something else for situations like that. He didnt mention it for his benefit, he shared the idea with you, as a suggestion. "Good reason to have" implies "you should consider getting", or he just talks about random off-topic things all the time, which I doubt.
Again... you interpret what you read to suit your beliefs. You should work for CNN. "Good reason to have a CC permit" is my opinion based on the situation Aubrey described. What you think that implies is of no consequence vs. what I actually said (typed).

Quote:
Mr. Muscle (and a couple others here) seem to have difficulty reading simple words, comprehending them, and then quoting them word for word.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #164
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
This is gonna be the last time that I comment on this thread, because it is getting out of hand. PalmerGA did NOT suggest for me to get a CC in any way, shape, or form. He simply made a statement. That was a STATEMENT. not a suggestion. If I would have known that this was gonna turn into a 7 page debate over guns, and on top of that about half a dozen PM's sent to me from people giving me lectures about gun safety, than I would have never written that post. OP asked if we had any minor altercation stories with our Camaro and so I decided to tell my story. Many people took PalmerGAs innocent comment and turned it into something it wasn't. Now if people could please start using this thread like the OP intended, instead of hanging onto a 7 word post, that would be just awesome.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #165
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
I came out of the hospital from an appointment, walked to my car, and attempted to get in. Stupid door wouldn't unlock and was standing trying to figure out how I was going to get in. Was about to put key in door when this older gentlemen walked up to me and asks "What are you doing to my car?" When I realized I was at the wrong car.
31B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #166

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31B View Post
I came out of the hospital from an appointment, walked to my car, and attempted to get in. Stupid door wouldn't unlock and was standing trying to figure out how I was going to get in. Was about to put key in door when this older gentlemen walked up to me and asks "What are you doing to my car?" When I realized I was at the wrong car.
At least you were already at the hospital, in case the guy just shot you.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #167
Supreme Leader
Account Suspended

Drives: MANual
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Supreme Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #168
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
LOL. Not allowed to have firearms, concealed or otherwise on Post.
31B is offline   Reply With Quote