Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-25-2021, 09:31 PM   #71
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
No, let that be their own forum.

The 6th Gen Camaro drinks dead dinosaurs. Long live THIS forum - about drinking dead dinosaurs!
Lol, agreed.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:51 PM   #72
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
If anyone here thinks they're going to convince GM to manufacture a 7th gen ICE Camaro, it ain't happening...GM has already stated that the Blackwing Cadillacs are the last of their ICE kind.

Which means that your days of driving a Camaro are finite, unless you plan to treat it as a show car for your length of ownership, otherwise TCO will eventually become cost prohibitive.

The rest of us non-zealots will adapt, because we can.
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 09:57 PM   #73
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfutur View Post
on "understanding" the other viewpoints brought into this discussion. Won't even comment on the asinine "because we can" part.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:01 PM   #74
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
If anyone here thinks they're going to convince GM to manufacture a 7th gen ICE Camaro, it ain't happening...GM has already stated that the Blackwing Cadillacs are the last of their ICE kind.

Which means that your days of driving a Camaro are finite, unless you plan to treat it as a show car for your length of ownership, otherwise TCO will eventually become cost prohibitive.

I already have plans for a 1970 split bumper restomod that can be an everyday driver with all the modern creature comforts and still with ease of repair and maintenance of a carburetor. You can always repair, rebuild, tune, and maintain a carburetor. Whenever the day comes the ‘19 may have reached the end of its useful life I’ll still be happy. That day wont come till I’m in my 50s so I’ll have all the money I need to do it.

I will ABSOLUTELY build the following:

- 1970 split bumper Camaro SS 396 clone out of a barebones 305 or V6 base model (I absolutely will not chop up a true number SS396)

- Factory original citrus green with tan leather interior

- Rebuild/machine a vintage 402 block (which is actually what the 396 was) with all sorts of modern goodies on it (cam, lifters, high performance valves/springs and pushrods, aluminum intake, aluminum headers)

- Those beautiful finned 1968-72 era Chevy valve covers. Seriously. Those are like artwork you can look at them all day.

- New Tremec 6 speed gearbox; Hurst shifter with a white cueball shift knob and the "H" logo on it and the deck lid.

- Art Morrison chassis, Fully independent front/rear suspension with coil overs; variable assist rack and pinion steering, posi rear end

- 1970 authentic replica 20" magnesium mag wheels

- Large Vented 6 piston Brembos, front and rear with red calipers

- Red SS badge on the grille and decklid, and that 396 badge on the front of the front fenders

- Totally load it with modern convenience and technology: cruise, tilt, power windows and locks with one-touch operation, power moonroof, A/C, rear defrost, heated and cooled leather power seats with driver’s memory and exit function, LED backlit retro modern gauges, navigation/custom integrated stereo

- Find a period correct Camaro SS steering wheel, and have it padded very thick and wrapped with soft leather.

When you look at it, from a distance the only giveaway that it wouldn't be exactly what it looked like in 1970 would be the wheels that are 6" larger than they were then, and the red 4 wheel disc brakes. As you peak inside, only the leather would be different to the untrained eye.

And I would drive it all the time. It wouldn't be a garage queen/show car. I'd drive it.

While the stereo head unit and the seat memory will have its own computers, the engine will have minimal. And it will all be aftermarket so none of this “factory proprietary software” garbage.

Nope, I won’t be joining the electric appliance or automatic transmission brigade, and yet somehow I’ll still be driving a brand new car around 2035

Last edited by Petrol Head; 04-25-2021 at 10:19 PM.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:06 PM   #75
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
6 speed manuals are probably going to come back. A lot of people say that electric cars don't need many gears, but they said that 100 years ago about ICE cars. Whether it'll be a true manual, or a DCT is the question.

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:34 PM   #76
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
I don't mind there being an EV Camaro, but I don't think it's going to convince anybody to switch from 8 cylinders from none, as GM promises it would. If anything, it wouldn't fit as a camaro because:

- It's going to be expensive. It's already sad to see people buy a Mach E Mustang for performance when the ICE Mustang GT already outperforms it and also proves to be more fun. So, the Camaro won't truly ever be an affordable pony car.

- It's going to be more boring, noise or not. Unless they can find someway to add a fake "V8" noise, which still won't be the same coming from speakers and lacking gears.

- Charging takes 10 - 30 minutes to do while pumping gas takes no more than a minute or two.

- GM likes to screw up the looks of any car that looks great, so the new Camaro may not even look like a Camaro.

Then they begin to wonder why Dodge is killing it in sales, because it is made for enthusiasts while still being practical enough for the common person. GM needs to focus on what people really want and not decide what's good for them, then maybe they'll be out of debt.

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 11:35 PM   #77
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Sticks are simpler, lighter, more reliable. They deserve to be promoted. Regulation has already taken too much tossable sportiness away by adding weight and also expense. We need less regulation, not more. EV sounds even less fun on good back roads.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 11:48 PM   #78
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
I don't mind there being an EV Camaro, but I don't think it's going to convince anybody to switch from 8 cylinders from none, as GM promises it would. If anything, it wouldn't fit as a camaro because:

- It's going to be expensive. It's already sad to see people buy a Mach E Mustang for performance when the ICE Mustang GT already outperforms it and also proves to be more fun. So, the Camaro won't truly ever be an affordable pony car.

- It's going to be more boring, noise or not. Unless they can find someway to add a fake "V8" noise, which still won't be the same coming from speakers and lacking gears.

- Charging takes 10 - 30 minutes to do while pumping gas takes no more than a minute or two.

- GM likes to screw up the looks of any car that looks great, so the new Camaro may not even look like a Camaro.

Then they begin to wonder why Dodge is killing it in sales, because it is made for enthusiasts while still being practical enough for the common person. GM needs to focus on what people really want and not decide what's good for them, then maybe they'll be out of debt.
Dodge has effective PR, but are no better. The SRT group is now dispersed. FCA basically bankrolled Tesla Motors operations through their stock liftoff, with Hemi/Jeep dollars. They'll try doing the same with their own Stellantis EVs in Europe.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 03:26 AM   #79
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:

Who said we will have to buy a GM? LOL.

I don't have much brand loyalty. I buy what fits my needs. If GM doesn't make one, they can go bankrupt again for all I care.

And there are definitely certain things people can adapt to, but hobbies are not something you can just make people adapt to.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:12 AM   #80
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Just remember this: you cannot make people who eat steak and burgers to go vegan
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 08:13 AM   #81
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Just remember this: you cannot make people who eat steak and burgers to go vegan
If your burger runs you $30 you would find a lot of people switching or for sure eating a lot less meat. Same with gas.

Tax gas at $10 per gallon and tax on engine displacement like they do in other parts of the world and you would see a big change. That and parking is why you have such wonderful small cars in Europe.

So agree you can't MAKE people do it, but you can make it a much harder choice.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:20 AM   #82
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
i'm a teetotal vegan lol.even celabut aswell nowadays
Old 04-26-2021, 09:07 AM   #83
wolfdog

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
So once the earth turns into an eroding shithole from all the used battery cells then all the new green deal twits will be chanting "fossil fuel! fossil fuel!"

Lets enjoy the last of our fleeting times...saddens me to think ICE and manuals will be gone by the time my grandkids are here.
wolfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:19 AM   #84
Seniorrs

Drives: 21 Camaro RS manual v6.Tyota Tacoma
Get the current occupant out of the W H and the future will look much better.
Seniorrs is offline   Reply With Quote