Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-20-2016, 10:42 PM   #1
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Drives: Blue 2016 Camaro
Bluetooth Microphone Terrible?

Hey guys!

I just bought a 1LT 2016 3 days ago.

Amazing car. I'm in love. Only one MAJOR problem for me.

The microphone just doesn't seem to work. If I'm driving any faster than 10mph the person on the other side of the line can't here me AT ALL. They say it sounds like I have my windows down.

I've tried turning my AC off, bluetooth and carplay, and even another phone.

Is there anything I can do? To me this is unacceptable after dropping 30k on a car.
Giri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:58 PM   #2
SirReptar

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Hyper Blue Metallic
Same

Yes, second this. I've tried everything as well. I've been reduced to using my headphones and mic. The girlfriend says that I sound distorted, like a robot. Same model too 1LT with RS and Tech package.

Aside from that and the whistling noise from the driver and passenger window I'm absolutely in love with the car.
SirReptar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 08:48 AM   #3
Don-T

Drives: '16 2LT RS
No issues with mine. I can have a phone conversation at freeway speeds with no complaints.

When I get over 80 MPH I get plenty of wind noise but I don't have any whistling.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:37 AM   #4
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
There might be an issue with the mic itself. Take it to the dealership and see what they say, it will be replaced under 100% warranty if they also deem it below what it should be which from the sounds of it, it is.

I have absolutely no problems with mine. Hell, talking to Lesbear on the phone who has ARH headers, Maggy SS and no cats I can hear him perfectly fine when he is driving. When he opens her up a bit though, can't really hear jack haha.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:21 PM   #5
K1SS MY SS
K1SS MY SS

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 1SS
Same problem as giri. 1SS
Old 05-23-2016, 07:40 AM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SS MY SS View Post
Same problem as giri. 1SS
Hi K1SS MY SS,

We’re sorry to hear you’re having trouble with the Bluetooth in your Camaro. Unfortunately, we are only equipped to handle concerns within the U.S., however our Camaro team in Europe would be happy to assist you. They can be reached by email at camaro.europe@gm.com. Please let us know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Best,
Lauren E
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:48 AM   #7
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Made over a dozen calls over the past couple of days, in town and highway, almost everyone said the call quality was great. I asked them about the quality and only one could tell I was using a hands free in the car. I had my iPhone 6 Plus connected via the USB cable.
I would get the dealer to check it out.
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:15 AM   #8
K1SS MY SS
K1SS MY SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi K1SS MY SS,

We’re sorry to hear you’re having trouble with the Bluetooth in your Camaro. Unfortunately, we are only equipped to handle concerns within the U.S., however our Camaro team in Europe would be happy to assist you. They can be reached by email at camaro.europe@gm.com. Please let us know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Best,
Lauren E
Chevrolet Customer Care
I'm a little confused Lauren. Why do you think I'm from Europe? My profile info says Athens, GA
Old 05-23-2016, 10:18 AM   #9
K1SS MY SS
K1SS MY SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burly View Post
Made over a dozen calls over the past couple of days, in town and highway, almost everyone said the call quality was great. I asked them about the quality and only one could tell I was using a hands free in the car. I had my iPhone 6 Plus connected via the USB cable.
I would get the dealer to check it out.
Hmm. That's weird maybe my mic is defective. I have an iPhone 6S Plus. Ive tried bluetooth and via the USB wire. Same results. If I drive over 10 mph while talking call quality sucks.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:19 PM   #10
SirReptar

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Hmm. That's weird maybe my mic is defective. I have an iPhone 6S Plus. Ive tried bluetooth and via the USB wire. Same results. If I drive over 10 mph while talking call quality sucks.
Same thing here. If I'm doing anything other than waiting at a red light or talking while in park no one can hear me. I've tried with Apple Car Play (Siri) and the regular Camaro voice software and both did not understand what I was saying. Makes it impossible to use the voice to text feature for text messages or for trying to make a call to someone.
SirReptar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:27 PM   #11
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReptar View Post
Same thing here. If I'm doing anything other than waiting at a red light or talking while in park no one can hear me. I've tried with Apple Car Play (Siri) and the regular Camaro voice software and both did not understand what I was saying. Makes it impossible to use the voice to text feature for text messages or for trying to make a call to someone.
Wait, there is a voice to text feature????

*runs off to find manual*
Old 05-23-2016, 02:14 PM   #12
K1SS MY SS
K1SS MY SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Wait, there is a voice to text feature????

*runs off to find manual*
Yes there is! You have a bunch of voice commands. If I'm not mistaken Im pretty sure your phone can understand "Hey Siri" when you're connected to Car Play. I forgot. Been a while since I tried it since my mic is crap...
Old 05-23-2016, 02:30 PM   #13
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Yes there is! You have a bunch of voice commands. If I'm not mistaken Im pretty sure your phone can understand "Hey Siri" when you're connected to Car Play. I forgot. Been a while since I tried it since my mic is crap...
Oh! I don't have an iPhone. Not that I want or need to initiate a text while driving, but that is (from what you're saying) more of a phone feature that can be accessed because you're connected, rather than a Camaro feature, if I understand you correctly.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:38 PM   #14
K1SS MY SS
K1SS MY SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Oh! I don't have an iPhone. Not that I want or need to initiate a text while driving, but that is (from what you're saying) more of a phone feature that can be accessed because you're connected, rather than a Camaro feature, if I understand you correctly.
Yep its an iPhone feature. You can press the voice button on the steering wheel to initiate the Camaro voice commands feature.