Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-15-2022, 04:53 PM   #15
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Mod the shit out of it. Oh wait, don't do that but mod the shit out of it. Ok, just drive it and enjoy it. Don't be like me.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:58 PM   #16
Arizona_Droptop

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I'm at 49,900+ in my 1SS, 1LE, as other's have said multiple sets of tires. Still original brakes, nothing done other than standard maintenance. I have no catch can and I agree that having one could potentially cause warranty issues. I might go with the paint protection, but my experience is that modern paint jobs leave a lot to be desired so you're going to get chips no matter what you do. If mine gets to the point where it bothers me I'll pay the bucks to get a nice paint job to replace the factory.

I'm not sure if that extended warranty is a bargain or not. If I had purchased one I would have yet to claim against it and there would only be about 6,000 miles left on it.
As with anything, your experience may differ. I paid about that much for my warranty. Within 6 months I had to get a lifter replaced. I paid a $25 deductible, but the parts plus labor was over a grand. I still have 40,000k left on the warranty, so if anything else happens I am coming out ahead
Arizona_Droptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 09:45 PM   #17
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokey427 View Post
Unless you intend for this to be your daily driver, I would suggest a battery tender. I use them on several of my vehicles and equipment, and have had very good luck with long battery life.
Note that the stock battery is AGM so get a battery tender that has an AGM mode for best results.
cdrptrks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 10:00 PM   #18
cdrptrks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden45 View Post
the car was just dropped off at the shop for front end PPF. Once I get it back, I'm polishing the rest of the car and coating it with graphene. Still up in the air about whether or not I should get PPF for the roof. Any of you guys have rock chips on your roofs?
Yes I have several rock chips on the leading edge of the roof right above the windshield but I do a lot of track days which probably caused them. You should definitely remove the little factory PPF patches in front of each rear wheel and replace them with a much larger piece of PPF on each side. I would recommend PPF on the rocker panels below the doors too. Also front and rear rock guards are a good idea to help protect the paint from the pebbles that will inevitably be thrown by the wide sticky tires but they won't stop all of the pebbles: https://zl1addons.com/products/camar...nt=30384124865. Some people even like to add side skirts for the same reason. Aftermarket options are available that look like the stock ones on the ZL1. It is an impressive car...enjoy!
Old 08-17-2022, 10:02 PM   #19
Camden45

Drives: Chevrolet Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
Yes I have several rock chips on the leading edge of the roof right above the windshield but I do a lot of track days which probably caused them. You should definitely remove the little factory PPF patch in front of each rear wheel and replace them with a much larger piece on each side. I would recommend PPF on the rocker panels below the doors too. Also front and rear rock guards are a good idea to help protect the paint from the pebbles that will inevitably be thrown by the wide sticky tires but they won't stop all of the pebbles: https://zl1addons.com/products/camar...nt=30384124865. Some people even like to add side skirts for the same reason. Aftermarket options are available that look like the stock ones on the ZL1. It is an impressive car...enjoy!
PPF on the rockers was going to be about $550. I'd rather buy some decent side skirts, run those with RokBlokz and hope for the best.

Right now I'm just chancing it with just the rokblokz alone.
Camden45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 10:06 PM   #20
cdrptrks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden45 View Post
Also thinking about getting the max length warranty once I figure out my actual mileage usage. How's the reliability of the entire platform and the 1LE trim, is it pretty much bullet proof?

Seems like the $1485 for an 8yr/56k/0 deductible quote I got from one of the well known warranty dealers is a bargain.
Note that the car comes with a factory 3yr/36k mile bumper to bumper warranty and the factory powertrain warranty goes 2 years longer to 5yr/60k miles while still covering a lot of the expensive stuff. Make sure you understand if the quote you got runs concurrently with the factory warranty or starts after it ends.
Old 08-17-2022, 11:34 PM   #21
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
My dealer has a lifetime warranty on the car. 160k miles/20 years.

I'm never getting rid of this thing.
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote