Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 06-23-2016, 08:13 AM   #43
Vyncynt

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS (on order)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBillyJack View Post
The tire noise is ridiculous. But these tires sure do grip.
They got a grip like:
Attached Images

"Ahhh! Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get!"
- Lyrics from a song from Scooter: "Apache Rock the Bottom!"

Previously owned
1998 BMW 540 w/M-series package
1991 Trans Am GTA
1985 Saab 900 Turbo (Burned leaded fuel on the Autobahn)
1985 Firebird (R.I.P.)
1976 Camaro LT
Vyncynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:59 PM   #44
godeepdown
Jeremy Frye

Drives: 2016 Hyper blue 1SS
Not the most technical fix but so far it works for me. I bought the stuff and did it at home. Little wire brush and brake cleaner to clean the hell out of it. The epoxy, a q-tip, and a drum stick (left over from Rock Band) to tape the stuff to. Only took a few minutes. Then I let it sit overnight. Mostly because my driveway has a slope and all the brake cleaner ran into the muffler. Figured I would give it some time to make sure it was all evaporated before blowing my muffler up. Next day started it up and has been good ever since. It has been about a week so far so good. Have a few hundred miles to drive this weekend. in hot weather so if it survives that
godeepdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:06 PM   #45
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Add me to this shit list too lol. NPP rattled like my old 4.6 3v mustang with no cats and flowmaster chambered exhaust (yux)

Only have the secondary cats deleted, but I can imagine these will rattle loose the epoxy once I go pooosay free.

Friday morning appointment at the ****youcarupership.... Last thing I wanna do is slather glue on my 900 dollar option and watch them deny me service later for doing it. Want to retain the ability to bitch in case it gets loose again. My previous car had cutouts that I was planning on transferring to this ride before finding out about NPP... So yeh kinda want my moneys worth... Call me crazy
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:18 PM   #46
BadBillyJack

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
Add me to this shit list too lol. NPP rattled like my old 4.6 3v mustang with no cats and flowmaster chambered exhaust (yux)

Only have the secondary cats deleted, but I can imagine these will rattle loose the epoxy once I go pooosay free.

Friday morning appointment at the ****youcarupership.... Last thing I wanna do is slather glue on my 900 dollar option and watch them deny me service later for doing it. Want to retain the ability to bitch in case it gets loose again. My previous car had cutouts that I was planning on transferring to this ride before finding out about NPP... So yeh kinda want my moneys worth... Call me crazy
You're crazy. My secondary cats are gutted, don't have any rattle noises anymore after epoxy put on the ceramic pins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
BadBillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:02 PM   #47
suzook

Drives: camaro
Well I did the tsb rattle fix using the epoxy. Walla! No more rattle!!!! Took me 10 mins, no dealer bs.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:06 PM   #48
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
unfortunately its not as easy to clean as i hoped. you need a really short bristled brush because it is tight in there, but the lip on the valve makes it tougher. the brush also needs a long handle. the brake clean doesn't penetrate all the way down to the metal, you really need to get in there and scrub it.

I agree that the only way this stuff will have a chance is if it is absolutely spotless
I used an old toothbrush taped to a long screwdriver. Dipped it in brake cleaner....scrubbed it real good. Not that difficult. Whether or not the epoxy holds up is another story.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:46 AM   #49
Masa

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I just had this fix applied today

Unfortunately it did not work. The rattle is still there on acceleration. I am able to duplicate it by getting the car up to about 50 miles per hour and then letting the RPM drop down to 1000 to 1100 RPM and then stepping on the accelerator. while it does not produce the vibration or rattling every time it does do it frequently. In some instances it's really noticeable while in others it's not so bad. Either way it still sounds terrible. It's a metallic grinding sound. It could also be characterized as a metal vibrating sound or something along those lines. I have a feeling it has something to do with the valves. The reason I say that is in track exhaust mode I sometimes step on the accelerator and I get the vibration instead of the natural exhaust sound and then all of a sudden it sounds like the valve opens and I get a loud natural Roar from the exhaust, which should have been there in the first place. There's definitely something funky going on with the NPP exhaust. Time to get the entire system replaced if they can't fix it because I'm not driving a 2017 Camaro with a rattling exhaust. One of the main reasons I bought this car was a great sounding exhaust and the fact that they had an NPP mode. Hopefully there is a proper solution to this problem because the Camaro is a wicked car. Not so wicked with a vibrating exhaust.
Masa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:48 AM   #50
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
that blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:06 PM   #51
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
GM needs to step up and fix this and some other known issues, or stop selling the cars until it's fixed. They are knowingly selling vehicles with issues and continue to do so.
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:50 PM   #52
exxit

Got the fix done, my rattle went away. Now it is back. Lol back to the dealer...

First run car... Luckily I haven't had brake issues like another local board member O.o
Old 02-06-2017, 06:42 PM   #53
NITRA10

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
I CANT STOP LAUGHING

My dealer told me THE ROOF WRAP I put on my SS is the cause for my exhaust rattle.

I've been laughing for 3 days.........
NITRA10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:08 PM   #54
CyberGuyPR

Drives: '16 vert 2LT RS NPP
Are you serious? How the hell can you respect someone who says such an absurd thing. I try to get out of doing stuff all the time but at least I put some thought into my excuses to make them plausible.
CyberGuyPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:23 PM   #55
exxit

WHAT???? YOUR ROOF WRAP????

Did he put that in writing? Because if he did...
Old 02-06-2017, 08:46 PM   #56
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NITRA10 View Post
I CANT STOP LAUGHING

My dealer told me THE ROOF WRAP I put on my SS is the cause for my exhaust rattle.

I've been laughing for 3 days.........
Please tell me this isn't Rydell.. I want to stay 500 miles clear of that dealer!!
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote