Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-10-2023, 06:14 PM   #1
2DAD4U

Drives: '19 SS 1LE, '18 Tahoe Premier 6.2
Flashing Stability Control Light Under Throttle

Hey guys so I have this on going issue that is just blowing my mind. My car is a M6 2019 SS 1LE with around 51k miles. When I am driving with traction control and stability control on and it doesn't matter what gear I am in or what speed I am going when I give the car 100% throttle my car cuts throttle completely and falls on its face and the stability control light flashes then goes away when I let off the gas pedal. I can be in 2nd gear going any speed and floor it and this issue happens and happens in any gear at any speed. The only way I drive around this is always driving with traction & stability control completely off which I prefer but the issue is annoying. Before anyone starts firing away about the car breaking traction and that's what happens, yes when you break traction it will happen but it happens when driving at any speed not when breaking traction. Has anyone gone through this issue before?
2DAD4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 06:50 AM   #2
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
You still using dedicated summer tires or what have you got on the car now? DO you feel the car break traction or are you seeing only throttle pull and/or dash illuminate?
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 12:18 AM   #3
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Going down on ramps in my 2020 SS at 45-50 MPH and flooring it I've had the car fall on it's face a few times, finally caught the Traction Control light blinking... These cars have a lot of power, it isn't hard to really start slipping with some fairly crappy or cold tires...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 05:39 PM   #4
2DAD4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
You still using dedicated summer tires or what have you got on the car now? DO you feel the car break traction or are you seeing only throttle pull and/or dash illuminate?
The car doesn't break traction that's the thing like I mentioned when it happens. It can be while driving in any gear at any speed when I apply 100% throttle
Old 05-12-2023, 05:40 PM   #5
2DAD4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Going down on ramps in my 2020 SS at 45-50 MPH and flooring it I've had the car fall on it's face a few times, finally caught the Traction Control light blinking... These cars have a lot of power, it isn't hard to really start slipping with some fairly crappy or cold tires...
The car isn't spinning the tires when it happens. For example being in 3rd gear going like 30 miles per hour
Old 05-12-2023, 10:44 PM   #6
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Did you change your tires, perhaps to somewhat smaller diameter relative to OEM?

If so the wheel sensors would be rotating faster than the computer expects them to for a given gear/rpm combination and the computer misinterprets this as wheel spin (loss of traction) and thus activates traction control and retards the timing.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 02:20 AM   #7
wilbur_xmas

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Did you change your tires, perhaps to somewhat smaller diameter relative to OEM?

If so the wheel sensors would be rotating faster than the computer expects them to for a given gear/rpm combination and the computer misinterprets this as wheel spin (loss of traction) and thus activates traction control and retards the timing.
^I'm betting this is likely the issue.

Have you also changed any suspension parts without doing an alignment? After doing cradle bushings and toe arms on my car I had the car cut power and activate traction control on an onramp at moderate speed while on my way to get an alignment. This was due to particularly wonky rear toe that was 100% my fault when installing the parts.
wilbur_xmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 06:35 PM   #8
2DAD4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post

Nope, still have OEM spec tires on the car
Old 05-18-2023, 07:02 PM   #9
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
It’s a long shot, but maybe disconnect the battery overnight to reset the computers and see if that helps. Maybe use a scan tool to see if there are any stored codes that would help diagnose the problem.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 09:24 AM   #10
2DAD4U

Here we are again, just started raining here in California where I live and I am having this issue. Now I have it kinda narrowed down to the weather and when it is wet out. Scanned the car at my work this morning because it was doing the issue again and I have three codes that are history codes but nothing current, active, or stored. B1325,C0800,U0140
Old 11-16-2023, 09:47 AM   #11
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DAD4U View Post
Here we are again, just started raining here in California where I live and I am having this issue. Now I have it kinda narrowed down to the weather and when it is wet out. Scanned the car at my work this morning because it was doing the issue again and I have three codes that are history codes but nothing current, active, or stored. B1325,C0800,U0140
To me this is pointing to an intermittent connection problem, which is exacerbated by high humidity/rain. Not unusual for weather to bring out the worst in a dodgy connection.
Those are BCM codes. Could be the harness or BCM ground.
As to which BCM, maybe someone else knows how to narrow that...
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 10:49 AM   #12
Kona61

Drives: Toyota Tacoma, NC2 Mazda Miata
I would guess there is a leak into the interior somewhere. Is it a sunroof car?
Kona61 is offline   Reply With Quote